The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Amal always seems to know exactly when Iā€™m broke lol

Hope itā€™s still in stock in a few weeks.

5 Likes

Amal figured out how to get us to want to get even more electronics under our skinā€¦

2 Likes

I just stumbled on this

7 Likes

8 Likes

:hushed: Really cool stuff!

I had a kinda ā€œCall of the Voidā€ moment watching that, telling myself I could totally cut of my fingers and get one of those. Then the rational self took over and realized that I have perfectly fine working fingers.

Buuuutttā€¦ If I did somehow lose my fingersā€¦

2 Likes

I kinda had the same. I watched the video thinking how cool it must be to have such great prosthetic fingers ā€¦ and then I realized the guy would probably prefer 100x to have his real fingers instead of this marvel of technology! :smirk:

3 Likes

I wonā€™t take for granted that I still have superior use of my bad hand, let alone my good hand

But it definitely makes me a bit less paranoid at the concept of loosing finger(s)

I love the work heā€™s put into thatā€¦ Iā€™d probably catch myself fidgeting with it,
open-close-open-spread-unspread-close-repeat

Iā€™m not normally into steam punk, (a good chunk is I honestly dislike copper and steam) but man I can appreciate the aesthetics of those gears and chains and hinges and slidersā€¦ craftsmanship

4 Likes

Those are awesome! Now if it was possible to integrate oneā€™s nervous system into something like thatā€¦

1 Like

Just realized, I probably couldnā€™t make use of this on my bad hand, as a lot of the control is coming from wrist flex I no longer poses :-/ oh well

https://hpluspedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_futurist_related_ideas_and_positions

5 Likes

Needs one of those ā€œYou are Hereā€ balloon markers.

6 Likes

Or there is this poster from Wondermark.

Screenshot_2022-07-30-21-13-29-93_984e1414ae90666a90f12ff17ec14a7f

Dang it! I swear I got every day, but it seems I missed one somewhereā€¦

Screenshot_2022-07-30-21-14-39-70_984e1414ae90666a90f12ff17ec14a7f

I was getting close tooā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

get-smart

Same here, 6 visits this week but i visited every day and multiple times during the day, but if I click on quarter i got 91 visitsā€¦

Ditto. I think the counter ticks over around GMT +1.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s the same for everybody that have done a full week

So

You are probably good

1 Like

Could be a good (educated) guess, now some showing 7 days

Maybe not. I am still showing 6 days and have been here multiple times per day, every day.

Speaking of which, if all goes well, Iā€™ll get something in 30 daysā€¦

Should probably order more implants to celebrate but Iā€™m waiting for several things to settle downā€¦

1 Like