The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Robot Chicken
NSFW

9 Likes

Get out of my lab! Goddammit!

2 Likes

Ok, @Eriequiet youā€™ve got to lend me your time machineā€¦

Joking aside, how can this happen? Is the day counter linked to each userā€™s timezone? And can you loose a badge my moving across the globe?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s bizarreā€¦.
I havenā€™t done anything interesting

Iā€™ll say, I wouldnā€™t trust that counter too much, itā€™s like 3 months behind or somethingā€¦

I was out of cell range for 3-5 days around July 4th and it isnā€™t showing that I missed

And I am relatively certain I DIDNT miss a day the first year I attempted to hit 365ā€¦ that was actually around this time of the year I think?

Maybe it somehow glitched and logged a day incorrectly?

I gave upā€¦

Incidentally, my new work pass is an HID SEOS card. Unfortunately that seems to be some kind of challenge response card based on a paper about the security of it. It is probably not clonable.

I donā€™t really need the pass as I am working remotely, but, whatever. The first day was spent doing computer based training coursesā€¦ The usual annual safety/HIPAA/infection control stuff.

I donā€™t think I learned anything in it.

Maybe tomorrow. (I still have one 4 hour training to complete this week).

2 Likes

The monkeys arenā€™t interested in food, just violence.

2 Likes

I expect your new boss took one look at you at the interview and said to themselves ā€œhmmmm, yes I think I could use a I.T. guy that looks like a pirate on the teamā€¦ Indeed.ā€

Joking aside, Iā€™m glad to hear things are going good for you again.

6 Likes

I found ā€œthe treatā€ (the hundredā€¦) on the forum ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™ve hit targets out to 10 soccer fields out, does that count as metric? Asking for a friend lol
(I know what I said lol)

6 Likes

10 Likes

Iā€™m crazy enough to have ordered a wiegand 125khz reader without a controllerā€¦ I wonder if itā€™ll beep or do something on itā€™s own when scanning a tag. IIRC, it should?

Iā€™m planning to get an ESP-RFID board for it or make my own controller for it.

Is there something better than NFC Tools for writing several ndef records to a tag? TagWriter is better for most things but itā€™s kind of clunky when adding multiple records to a single tag.

( in my opinion ) those 2 are really the best

If I had to pick one I would go for NFC Tools

Does this help with what you are trying to achieve?

1 Like

I was looking for an app that allows you to set a description on URL records with a relatively easy to use interface for writing several records to a single tang.

I think I should just buy NFC Tools Pro and add text entries before each link. TagWriter technically has the exact functionality that I want but the UI for adding several records to a dataset is not great and thereā€™s a bug where it ends up creating a new dataset with just one entry.

And at least Android displays URL descriptions in the same way as separate text entries. Also, if the first entry is a plan text one, Android will display a list with the all of the records on the tag.

1 Like

Oh really? I need to test that one!

1 Like

Still a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but Iā€™d be remiss if I didnā€™t mention someone else pestered LTT about bio hacking and they continue to be interested, Luke in particular

But they wonā€™t actually converse with @amal and weā€™re all shills so w/e

2 Likes

Yes, or at least this is what I get on my Galaxy S21 Ultra:

And if youā€™re curious, I posted that song in the corresponding thread:

2 Likes

Watched 24/7

Got my hands on the new style of Uhppote 125kHz reader and I couldnā€™t get my xFD keychain to light but it can read an xEM at 8mm or so.

These readers that fail to light the keychain detectors but work with glassies are weird and I still have to check it with the diagnostic card. I need to do some more testing and write a review.

Edit: it does light up the keychain when placed on the side of the reader. This thing puts out a somewhat weak field and the coil might be buried behind the PCB or something, itā€™s probably quite deep from where the xFD turns on.

3 Likes

Just to share my personal horror:
my monkey brain scratched the wound, like hard, during sleep.
So hard I ripped 4 of 5 stitches and the wound is barely closedā€¦
Itā€™s gonna get

2 Likes