The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Yikes! Is there something you can do about it?

I hope that it heals quickly and properly, and that you won’t get an infection.

1 Like

Cone of shame. But on your hands.

1 Like

Can’t remember who it was, but remember seeing this posted a while back.

8 Likes

So the wife went on a trip to see her friend before she moved,

Came back Sunday night mostly fine, slightly dry throat
Monday lost her voice light fever, Monday night slight cough
Tuesday coughing bad, decent fever
Test came back Tuesday for Covid

Tuesday night and I’m developing a dry scratchy throat

Guess the jigs up after 2.5 years

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster I really wanted to post this in THAT thread that’s about to become part of the tin foil thread, but you’d call me harsh again lol

So here will do

Also, I swear I had something better

4 Likes

installer put steristrips or something on it, and now I’m just gonna watch it like nothin happened

wasn’t too bloody + implant has lots of space, infection isn’t that certain

might use scar reduction creme, as this might become a big one

For real tho I’m keeping my arm wrapped at night

1 Like

Since I absolutely hate stitches (and they start itching like hell after a short time), I always cover them when I sleep - plaster, bandage, anything. Otherwise I’d either tear them out unconsciously, or I’d catch on my hair, bedsheets or anything else.
Steristrips are a fine alternative, and usually should do the job quite well, especially if the wound is at least “barely closed” :wink:

I ripped it off, it was still hanging there a bit when I woke up. Prolly was a little sweaty and it got off with little force.

Yeah it should be fine, but still, I fear I put some germs deep in the wound when scratching

Oh damn! Didn’t manage to do that yet :smile:
Maybe a bandage would work - I really like those self-adhesive bandages, they stay in place no matter how much I move, sweat or whatever.

Possibly, but even if you did, not all germs always lead to problems - most of them are just taken care of by your body. So I’d say don’t panic, keep an eye on it, and as long as it’s not showing signs of infection, you should be fine :wink:

3 Likes

Opsite bandages are great for that. You can even shower with them on.

2 Likes

And we’ve reached full on covid

Map of the brain
Huge 11 Mb pic, 4000*6100

3 Likes

Went looking to see what stock images and videos has for “microchip implant”
 did not disappoint.

2 Likes

Question for those of you with a steam deck. What do you think of it? Should I wait before purchasing one?

1 Like

I don’t have one but the cousin does. I had a quick play with it over the weekend. It is WAY lighter than you’d actually think. The button placement is quite nice and from what I’ve been told, the gaming experience is really good, both native play and remote play.

1 Like

We’ve been getting so many phishing emails from the IT department that I decided to reply to one with a phishing meme. I was automatically enrolled in an Internet Security and You course provided by the company. I hate myself :rofl:

7 Likes

I absolutely adore mine, got me back into gaming. Whether it’s for long story-driven games, or short and rapid games that I can play for a few minutes at a time, I really enjoy it. I’ve beaten several games on it already.

I think one reason is, I spend my entire day at my computer, whether it’s for entertainment, reading, work, etc. While I love PC gaming, playing games for several hours in my office chair isn’t the best. Being able to lie down in bed is really nice.

1 Like

Could’ve called that one. :joy: A past job I was at did the exact same thing. Interact with it in any way but reporting it and instant training.

3 Likes

Dang lol
Makes me want to start a phishing campaign against them where the links are just Rick rolls. Maybe I’ll do that right before I quit next year haha

1 Like

The first step in fixing anything is to break it so badly that it wants to be fixed.

Option 1.
Print off every single IT phishing attempt you’ve received and walk into HR with them. Ask how many attempts are allowed before its considered harrasment, because you’re definitely feel like IT is harrassing you.

Option 2.
Exactly how many separate training classes do you think you could get enrolled in? 20? Take half a work week in 1 hour pointless classes. While being paid, of course. If no one notices, try for 30 next week.

FWIW, my advice in these situations is usually a bad idea. Just fyi.

3 Likes