The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I was going to say that I finally put up my Serenity bar sign after 4 or so years of resting it on my desk, but now I wanna talk about how it looks like an evil smiley face with the lights off XD

I need to get more Firefly themed pictures to mount next to it so itā€™s happy and it doesnā€™t kill me in my sleep.

2 Likes

I started my body modding journey with some long term personal experiments with supplements and one of the things Iā€™ve been trying to do is to increase the amount and quality of collagen my body produces (because itā€™s a problem). The place where I installed my implant has formed a hypertrophic scar which is specifically produced by too much collagen being made during the healing process. I have literally hundreds of scars and thatā€™s never happened.

Canā€™t help but think it means Iā€™m on the right track. But we will see if that continues to be the trend. Maybe I can come out of this with all new skin. (I cannot. But I can dream.)

1 Like

Lol taking supplements can help with collagen and create hypertrophic scars as your body is creating more collagen.
I have hundreds of scars as well, and a good fraction are hypertrophic as well. Hypertrophic scars donā€™t mean higher levels of collagen though. Thereā€™s a lot of factors that cause raised or thick scars from wounds. I have a few that I know are raised and or thick because of extra trauma because I continued to use the area, and it got increasingly more damaged at work and didnā€™t heal like it would have without the added trauma.
Iā€™m a little drunk cuz I donā€™t want to go back to work tomorrow for a boss whose wife left him because heā€™s abusive and uses those tendencies against his subordinates now, and a direct boss who has no idea whatā€™s going on so when I call and say ā€œthis is too fucked and needs a decision from someone above my pay gradeā€ all he knows how to say is ā€œI donā€™t knowā€(/mini rant, sorry!!), so I may not be understanding what youā€™re saying. Either way, how are you trying to increase the quality of the collagen in your system? Iā€™m intrigued!

5 Likes

Hahaha, That was random as fuck, and funny to read in the middle of a scar discussion.

Sounds like a shit situation though, so, Vent away my friendā€¦

4 Likes

Check your blood glucose. Hyperglycemia can also mess with healing and basically cause the body to not really manage the rebuilding and wound handling processes all that wellā€¦ like itā€™s literally drunk on glucoseā€¦ and weā€™ll because itā€™s now shit at properly repairing the breech, it just shotguns collagen at the wound and you end up with huge scars and strange scars and all kinds of things youā€™d expect from a drunk foreman managing a bunch of drunk construction crew.

2 Likes

I have never heard of scars who are hypertrophic because of ā€œtoo much collagenā€, and I have quite a history with scars. It definitely depends on aftercare (or after-irritation), usage of the body part itself, skin structureā€¦, and even then, itā€™s not reliable. I have scars on my chest that were all made on one day, same aftercare, same depth of cuts, and some of them are very hypertrophic while others are not. So while collagen might very well have an effect on wound healing and scarring, I donā€™t think it can be ā€œusedā€ to create more hypertrophic scars.

If it was an xSeries, it might have to do with a skin flap or something like that.

2 Likes

Oh no, the work truck is locked out. Sorry boss, I canā€™t get to the job site!

8 Likes

Europeans and their unwork practicesā€¦
:crazy_face:

Please donā€™t lynch me for my joke about a horrible talk that a french professor gave one timeā€¦

3 Likes

I always thought Garmin was just a GPS company. Now Iā€™m getting sucked into a rabbit hole of researching government contracts and projects lol
This new Garmin facility Iā€™m at has some serious fire proofing going on! Wonder what theyā€™re planning on doing in this new facility.
Itā€™s the easiest job Iā€™ve been on though. We subbed out the work to our union contractors, so all Iā€™m allowed to do is stand here and tell them how to install the fire doors haha

2 Likes

In case anyone needs to hear this reminder today

This has been on repeat for me lately

At first listen, itā€™s depressing, but it becomes motivating and inspiring

ā€œYouā€™ve had millions of reasons to bend and to break
But youā€™re still alive and thatā€™s not a mistake
The war in your head tells a story thatā€™s still worth believingā€

I get stuck in my own head a lot, focusing on the bad, that I fail to look at the bigger picture that Ive made it through so far, and not just by dumb luck

3 Likes

Felt this, I was in an adult menā€™s size 8 in grade 1 (around the time heelys came out) Will never forgive my parents for not letting me get then now that I wear a 15 4e/16

Also this. Have taken out a ceiling fan at a friendā€™s house and also yeeted a quest controller across my living room because of those devils.

Think Iā€™ve just become accustomed to having my knees on the dashboard of any car Iā€™m not driving.

As a rather large man this doubled as too low but then when you get down to it, itā€™s also not wide enough so you have to decide whether to commit or find somewhere else/stand :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Interesting side note on the height thing. Because Iā€™m on the upper range of height, Itā€™s uncommon ish that I run into people significantly taller than me. Iā€™m just not used to it, and the kicker is that it creeps me out. If youā€™re 6ā€™5" or taller, Iā€™m probably just going to unconciously avoid you.

I found a VERY early pic of Amal
From some biohacking article on accidentā€¦

Should I toss it into the photoshop thread or is that a dick move of some kind?

1 Like

If I found it, I would have shared it without even asking BUT I am a dick

1 Like

I found an even earlier one

images - 2022-10-04T195152.469
done in 2 mins my phone, give me a break

4 Likes

AND earlier again

images - 2022-10-04T200011.282

This only took me 1 min, Hard to believe. I know :wink:

7 Likes

So for me specifically, EDS runs in my family and while I havenā€™t bothered to get diagnosed, all signs point to ā€œyes.ā€ So quality is a huge issue specifically.

Iā€™ve been focusing on glycine the last few months because a number of studies have indicated itā€™s a non-essential amino acid that is conditionally essential because some people donā€™t make enough of it. But itā€™s specifically important for strength and rigidity in all types of collagen.

I added glycine and choline supplements. Glycine has a very short half life in the body but can be synthesized from choline which is an essential nutrient any way. Itā€™s been about 4 months since I added those two. I donā€™t have access to tests of any sort so I just kinda work off a few basic measurements and a notebook of scribbles. This is all just me working off of best guesses because no one has any solutions.

I havenā€™t heard that. Iā€™ll have to look into it more. Iā€™ve heard about it affecting wound healing but never specifics. Doesnā€™t hurt to eliminate factors.

Shouldnā€™t be a problem for me since I fast 12-18 hours a day. No hard rule right now. But I was at 18 hours every day when I worked from home. Now I work in an office and itā€™s much more difficult. Iā€™m about to fake being sick so they leave me alone about eating with the team. Theyā€™re so fucking pushy. But thatā€™s a different gripe. I havenā€™t had blood sugar issues but that doesnā€™t mean thereā€™s not something there.

I almost exclusively get the wide, thin skinned/ cigarette paper scars youā€™d expect with eds. After a long time most of them firm up a little. I canā€™t think of any scar Iā€™ve had that was raised. Hypertrophic scars grow out like that due to collagen deposits.

Edit: Not saying this is the best route or is useful for anyone else but this all hinges on ā€œmy collagen is probably poor quality and can be improved.ā€ I donā€™t believe taking collagen itself is the answer like every product under the sun will claim because thereā€™s so many different kinds of collagen. I also donā€™t think itā€™s as big a deal for most people as the beauty industry would try to sell people. So my goal is to try to see if I can figure out which building blocks, if any, I can provide to get improvements. Thatā€™s really all it is.

1 Like

Because Iā€™d posted about it before in here, I got the BI job. I was certain Iā€™d flubbed the technical questions but apparently not as bad as others.

6 Likes

3oz9ZE2Oo9zRC

4 Likes

New job, new card, new reason for another implant.

8 Likes