The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Super easy to works with, the issue with wood is that itā€™s never all straight so you have to work with that. Trex has groves in the side and screws with plastic spacers so you kinda canā€™t mess up the spacing. Cutting was about the same as wood, and the screws come color matched so you canā€™t see them when you need to screw down the edges.

I also did the wood trim on everything, and new hand railing. It took me and my dad like 3 weekends to do it.

2 Likes

True. My old man comparison was from 20 years ago.

Really nice job

1 Like

Electronic design gone all wrongā€¦

1 Like

Teslaā€™s influence is spreadingā€¦ I never use my glovebox because of this.

So I finally fumble-fucked around and guessed my way back into the password.

But, FIRST, I tried resetting things using my still good access on my phone. Not that google was gonna make that shit easy. Nope, my browser is too out of date to be used with googles services. Fair enough, I prefer an older version of Firefox, so I just updated it and tried again. You guessed it, google still wonā€™t accept that my brand new, freshly installed browser is good enough for them. Access denied.

I will never in my life understand why the hell I need to update the software Iā€™m using on a constant basis. I do understand that it needs the occasional update under the hood, so to speak. But WHY oh WHY must EVERY SINGLE THING that I use be moved / relocated / or hidden. My phone is the perfect example. I like the keyboard that came with it. And theyā€™re just desperate to update to a new version. You canā€™t even opt out. I just have to make sure that my phone never ever ever ever sees a wi-fi connection, because thatā€™s the moment that it will choose to ā€œimproveā€ itself to the point that I canā€™t use it for a week or two, while I track down all the little things that contribute to itā€™s functionality.

The firefox update? Wiped out all my bookmarks. Replaced them with FUCKING TILES. As far as I can tell itā€™s just so they can shove advertisements in there too. So now Iā€™ve got to go in and find and kill all the little on / off selections that are repsonsible for getting between me and the core functionality of the fucking phone.

Nobody gets on there phone or pc or whatever to admire the interface. Itā€™s like going to a basketball game to watch the ref. Itā€™s there to be functional, and stay out of my way while Iā€™m accessing data. I DO NOT NEED OR WANT the damn thing trying to steer me to whatever bullshit itā€™s trying to push on me.

Pretty sure Iā€™m going to have to wipe firefox and reinstall an older version just to get it mostly functional again. Which means Iā€™ve got about a 30% chance Iā€™ll have to factory reset the phone and start from nothing. All because google tripped balls and got stuck in basic view.

And the fun part? As soon as I got back in, it reverted to standard view, so this whole fiasco was a giant waste of time.

Do you know what version you want?
Do you need a hand to find one
I just had a look, there are A LOT to choose from

LINK IF YOU WANT IT

Iā€™ve had to do it before. Autoupdate caught me by suprise once before. Basically I want the last version that had certain features.

Iā€™ll dig into when Iā€™ve got more sleep and am less angry.

EDIT:
Awhile back firefox changed the requirements for itā€™s add ons and effectively killed off a lot of the older ones. If anyone out there can write a bit of codeā€¦

There used to be an add-on that locked the ā€œdesktop viewā€ to always on. It was popular, as near I can tell. I sure loved it. Then it was gone.

Write a new one, charge .99 cents. I donā€™t know how much you have to do to keep up with the changes, but it could be some passive income.

I donā€™t feel like getting involved in any of it,

But you understand the tone and meaning of ā€œletā€™s go Brandonā€?

Weā€™ve had discussions about phrasing and meanings crossing the world funny, so just checking

Good question, but Yeah.
unfortunately itā€™s the first thing than comes to mind when I read the word Brandon is

Fuck the political meaningā€¦ALL politicians can get fucked

Just like hearing the name Karen, invokes this

1 Like

Just making sure, thatā€™s all Iā€™ll touch on that subject
Carry on my wayward son

1 Like

Ha, see, another example

I read that, and the song plays in my head and I think of the TV show ā€œSupernaturalā€ because that is the theme tune to it.

images (13)

Itā€™s funny how brains work

Also, I fixed the sign

3 Likes

Blink 182 world reunion tour!!!

Theyā€™re coming.

2 Likes

Blink and youā€™ll miss 'em!

sorry, sorry. Couldnā€™t help myself. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™m figuring Iā€™m so old now, this is the equivalent of my in laws going to see Paul mccartney.

In any case, Iā€™m gonna go.

1 Like

any USAers wanna send me stuff from Target by mail?:slight_smile:

Iā€™ll see if the targets near my place have it

Any vr nerds pay attention to meta announcements today?

I really want a quest pro, and I knew what the price was rumored to be going inā€¦ but 1500 is pretty steep

But soo much cool tech in it,

Also they are still working on EMG peripheralsā€¦ the video on that is super cool how sensitive it can beā€¦ I didnā€™t even see their hand moving at first

2 Likes