The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

There are definitely lots of regs about species and sizes. Those red ones are a mini species of snapper. Canā€™t remember the name he said, Iā€™ll edit when I figure it out. We did throw back a lot of fish that were undersized. The 4 in the middle are Amber Jack. The two on the sides of those are Trigger fish, the one on the right is a little longer than the required minimum length.
We had a fish ruler on the floor of the boat and a measuring tape as a second check to make sure they were all legal.

Edit: Vermilion Snapper. Unlike me, they have to be 10 inches/25.4 centimeters.
I know some species have a length limit, some have a weight limit, there are max quantity limits, as well as some species have different times of the year that youā€™re allowed to catch them.

Iā€™m gonna be eating fish for a while, my grandparents donā€™t want any, and my dad doesnā€™t like fish. Heā€™s taking a couple fillets, we left 2 handfuls with the captain and mate of the fishing boat, and Iā€™m taking the rest lol
Hereā€™s just of a half of the fillets XD

3 Likes

thatā€™s the first time I have heard of a weight limit for fish.
I imagine it would be quite difficult to get an accurate measure of a live wriggly fish on a moving boatā€¦

thanks for the answer
and

3 Likes

It might be a weight total weight limit that you can catch of a specific species. They do make a bunch of these fish scale thingies that you can hold or hange on the boat and put the fish on it.

Youā€™d be surprised

Fish fluctuate between freak out mode and play dead mode

Thereā€™s also various different fishing licenses, almost no reciprocity between states, and prices explode if you are from a different state etc

I stopped fishing due to the my state making it a nightmare and raising prices

There used to be the ā€œbasicā€ fishing license and the expensive specific fish license

Nobody got the expensive one, I would know I used to sell the licenses, dnr claimed everyone always got it anyways, so bundled it all together costing 2-3x the price

Same kind shit for hunting licensesā€¦ now in order to get a small game, you have to buy small game, fishing I think, 2 deer tags, and some bird license

Government at its finest

3 Likes

Yeah, but unless you are on a flat and stable surface, aka ashore, you are not going to get an accurate measurement, so if itā€™s not accurate, why bother?
Close enough is not good enough when it comes to fisheries (wildlife fish and game)

and its obviously even less accurate when itā€™s flopping around,
UnlawfulFlawlessCow-size_restricted

you can test that yourself, hop on some scales on a boatā€¦
ElasticDevotedDeermouse-max-1mb

Iā€™m assuming this is for fresh water with you being in the MidWest, and you donā€™t need a fishing license for saltwater fishing?

1 Like

So it looks like the weight limit regs are more for the legal max quantity that you can catch, not the individual fish or the minimum requirements.

1 Like

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen far worse

1 Like

Sameā€¦

Apex vivokey ring available for purchase? Is there a link for the ring or the actual chip itself ?

not yet.
apexring.com is probs the website where itā€™ll be sold, I guess.

7 Likes

Check this out! Prosthetic eye turned into a flashlight! Almost makes me want 1 less eye :joy:

14 Likes

Recently checked my YouTube comments ā€œHeld for reviewā€ section.

Lmao

15 Likes

Posted already in a separate thread : Bionic Eye Flashlight

Although Cowbaby posted in here first though
14 hrs ago, the thread was 13 hrs ago

2 Likes

NXTPAY_3DRender_ImageBOT_600x600

new vimpay formfactor on digiwell o_O
(I assume vimpay)

ā€œFor Decoration Only!ā€
Ah yes.

And it uses reviews from another implant (old formfactor), wow so trustworthy.

Also, why call something FlexPay1 when the successor isnā€™t called FlexPay2?

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s still a very cool product IMO.

Digiwell is such a strange siteā€¦
I mean, yeah, itā€™s a cheaper way to get DT stuff without all the shipping fees and all, and we all know the quality of DT is fine, but Digiwell itself looks soooo shady! Most of the page is trying to sell some snake oil or other stuff that is a) overpriced or b) useless or c) both :smile:

2 Likes

Why did I even look at their website!?

robot-facepalm2

WTF!?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. They literally tell you itā€™s just an overpriced metal straw lol

1 Like