con ter
int
no shut

1 Like

end
copy run start

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to think the main usb hub could be faulty or problematicā€¦

I wasnā€™t aware, but itā€™s been throwing display port error codes in the backgroundā€¦.
When itā€™s a USB A device :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Iā€™m going to try swapping it out for whatever thatā€™s worth

edit

I canā€™t decide if I should go for a unpowered or powered usb hubā€¦.

Unpowered would absolutely guarantee you very thing turns off when computer shuts down (Iā€™m positive computer USB ports are staying off when shutdown)

But I have enough devices that itā€™s probably pushing or exceeding what a single USB port can supply power wise :-/

Hereā€™s the basic layout diagram

As much of a pain the usb optimization is beingā€¦
I am beginning to enjoy and appreciate the setup, think I did a half decent job cable managing it, (think I want to get a better power strip with spinning plugs for the wall warts :roll_eyes:)

Thereā€™s a from plate that you can simply bend down for access or bend up to hide the organized chaos

phenomenal A++

Also, I do
en
conf t

I do a lot of shorthand actually. One of the ones that drives my coworkers crazy is

sw m a
sw ac vl 123

or

sw m t
sw t n vl 123

Brownie points if you know the commands without looking it up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That would imply things work lol

Someone likes vlansā€¦ And so do I.

Have you ever suffered with the web configuration thing on the cheaper SOHO switches? I had to get a few due to size requirements for a specific application. And I still havenā€™t been able to forgive Trendnet for not providing a CLIā€¦

It went kinda viral on reddit.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t jump straight to likeā€¦ :laughing:

Once, yes. A past job used a pair of Linksys switches with a webGUI, also had a CLI though I believe. I actually kept them when they got replaced, just offloaded them a while back on a current coworker since I realized I would never used them. Somehow he managed to reset it. IIRC it only had an RS232 console port, not an RJ45. It was definitely an odd switch.

I think that same workplace had some HPE switches with a webGUI as well. They were only marginally better than the Linksys.

Anyways, my current workplace is a 100% Cisco shop, which is heaven for a networker. Although, I will admit I find myself using DNACenter more and more for simple tasks.

1 Like

powered usb hubā€¦ but like a good quality one from a well known manufacturer, purchased through Amazon so you can abuse the returns policy if necessary :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m considering buying an ankler 10 port powered

Itā€™s like 70$ But at least I know it should be about as good as you can get

Putting aside the whole eufy thing :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Saw this trending on Reddit.

Some of the comments are absolute cancer but at least there arenā€™t too many motb ones in thereā€¦

2 Likes

@mrln beat you to it, 3-5 posts back

1 Like

Oh geez, totally glazed right over it. Sorry. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Geez, what a cesspool of comments. (Reddit)

1 Like

This is why we need that 1-3 minute DT video covering the usual bullshit commentsā€¦ and just pepper that link throughout something viral like this

1 Like

ordered a flipper on joom a week (or so) ago and just got itā€¦ just sayin for those waiting for the next drop

2 Likes

Welcome to the kool kids klub
:flipper:
:flipperzero_white:

4 Likes

Iā€™m curious @amal, do your chips have any markers on them physically that you can see on x-rays or pictures of the implant itself that identifies it as a DT product? Or are they just too small to really do something like that?

I know my NExTā€™s NFC side had a hyperlink to the DT website, but I donā€™t remember any other little easter eggs.

It would be really cool to see x-rays like that on the internet and be able to go, ā€œoh dang thatā€™s from DTā€

2 Likes