The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Depends on the materials. Iā€™d think aluminum and titanium not steel partsā€¦ if so then itā€™s probably not going to be an issue.

Thatā€™s exactly what I did both times.

2 Likes

CC @Pilgrimsmaster

20230127_101109

8 Likes

ā€œFFFFFFā€ lol

1 Like

6 Likes

This looks uncomfortable as hellā€¦

5 Likes

somebody missed the how to use scissors :scissors: lesson at kindergarten

But, if its ugly and works, thats all that mattersā€¦Thats what my Mrs says to me anyway :frowning_face:

:rofl:

9 Likes

It does look uncomfortableā€¦ I wonder if you can feel the corners once itā€™s under your skin?

TBH, Iā€™d rather get a conversion from his Amalness but I donā€™t want to have an expiration date on a body part. Hopefully the Apex will get payment support one day but Iā€™m ok with carrying a wallet.

Maybe Iā€™m weird but I do think that RFID implants do become a part of you in a few ways.

3 Likes

The OP *claimed they trimmed it better after the factā€¦ I think otherwiseā€¦ also thereā€™s a pretty good shot of them ramming that sucker in with metal hemostats

2 Likes

Just as I was trying to get some sleepā€¦ Biofouling is the sort of thing that can give a cyborg nightmares!

4 Likes

A bit of a silly question if you donā€™t mind.

I am about 10 years away from retiring but looking at going earlier. I am thinking of doing a masterā€™s degree in cyber security or something similar. Basically something which will let me set myself up to work from home and at greatly reduced hours.

I am guessing there will be people here who have similar qualifications and/or experience. Any advice as to what field or area to consider going into would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple that could probably answer that for you, but I think @Equipter is currently studying for that field (In the UK), so he is probably best placed to give you some up to date direction.

1 Like

I got the qualifications, but unfortunately donā€™t have the answers.

I got a B.S. in Cybersecurity, and Triple Minor in Information Technology, Information Systems, and Computer Science. Yet, I have no clue what I want to do yet in my life lol.

3 Likes

Get in cloud security. Itā€™s getting huge.

I work with Microsoft Azure. Iā€™m not a cybersecurity guy but itā€™s everywhere in our processes. Microsoft has tons of free material at Microsoft Learn, and you can easily book a training (virtual or physical) if you made a course with a trainer.

2 Likes

Those jagged edges are hurting me just from looking at it!! O.O

But the sterile version looks almost as if there wasnā€™t any silicone there, so maybe it got rounded between first and last pic?

Do like the whimsicality of the heart shape, thoughā€¦

Thatā€™s quite close to my fieldā€¦

If you want something to reliably bring income, at the moment the hotshot field is ā€œDevopsā€, as in ā€œCloud Based Platform Engineeringā€.
Itā€™s the tech role in highest demand and, consequently, which pays better (at least in todayā€™s UK)

Itā€™s less glamorous than it sounds. Has a lot of ā€œsetting up config files, clicking a button and seeing what happensā€, but it does also keeps quite close to heart to cyber security best practicesā€¦

And if you lose your wallet in a big city at the moment, odds are youā€™ll get it mailed to you together with your contract for a devops role! :sweat_smile:
Seriously, recruiters are desperate!

Cyber security on the other hand has been declining in demand. Mostly because a lot of what itā€™s requested has been covered by Devops (not best way to do it, but who am I to judge)ā€¦ or because there havenā€™t been any big cybersec scandals lately.
On the other hand, a comprehensive Cyber security course should set you up to work in Devops as well.

Pentesting is one of those ā€œwho you knowā€ fields, unfortunately. Unless you go for bounty hunting.
In which case you work for free until you score a bountyā€¦ and then you pray that the company will honour that and pay you! (Lately quite a few bounties have been ignored by the companies setting them. Think there was a recent lowkey scandal with an android bountyā€¦ havenā€™t kept much up to date there)

I think one of the biggest issues with Cyber security is that at the same time itā€™s hard to showcase what you know to a recruiter/HR person while at the same time carrying a heavy load of responsibility.
So similar to working on C++, it falls into the trap of ā€œEntry level Role: Requirement: 15+ years of experience in this tech that came out yesterdayā€ (hence why it tends to be a ā€œwho you knowā€ kinda job)

Now, despite my somewhat dark toneā€¦
It is an intriguing field.
You would learn a lot of very handy stuff and the skills covered by a good cyber security course should be transferable into a bunch of other similar fields.
:grin:

5 Likes

Thanks. Great advice. I will certainly take it on board and do some more research. I donā€™t really care what I end up doing, so long as it keeps me in beer and wine!

3 Likes

I agree. I get about 5 offers a week for the moment, as the market is apparently looking for a lot of Azure experts they donā€™t find, at least in Belgium.

I agree with DevOps being highly in demand, and it also included some part or a lot of security, hence the DevSecOps name being thrown around too.

We build a lot of stuff from code (IaC) and try to include security aspects in everything we deploy, either best practices or company requirements. Lately weā€™ve been asked to consider more green aspects too, like deploying in low carbon score regions for instance.

5 Likes

OK, I probably shouldnt be sharing this publiclyā€¦

BUT
I will keep the details light and vague.

You are just going to have to trust me on this

You will be interested

5 Likes

My response

6 Likes