The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Ultimate works Bors lightsaber

It uses a micro usb port for arduino programming off the bare board and is poorly supported and the battery can put pressure on also

Iā€™ll take some pics when I wake up, I just crawled into bed

1 Like

I lied

The 2 middle pads that look broken I think are just anchors? Besides that Looks like a clean break that just needs reflow?

1 Like

Worst case scenario, just swap out the board

1 Like

in theory you could use hot airā€¦ place the component and use a little metal alligator clip or clip of some nature to hold the usb port part where it needs to be, then aim a hair drier on full heat, low air flow at it with a little paper nosecone to direct the hot airā€¦ or find a shop that can do hot air rework or plain olā€™ soldering.

I think the problem would be the software on the boardā€¦ is it user loadable?

1 Like

Repaired after a little run around

Excuse me while I go shame myself
ā€¦this is why I donā€™t deserve nice things etc

Yea the board is setup with arduino for motion controller and sound and ledā€¦ Iā€™m sure you can reprogram a brand new oneā€¦ but that could get tricky for meā€¦ Iā€™m still learning just how to add effects and stuff

4 Likes

Question for anyone who knowsā€¦, whatā€™s up with walletmor being sold out ? No re stocks ? :man_shrugging:t2:

US or EU? the US stock is waiting for a new chip run with descent expiration dateā€¦ the EU stocks should still be available.

Oh thatā€™s great news because I live in the U.S :us:

Feel free to name drop, with Country, City, Piercers contact details.

3 Likes

This garage has more equipment than a small country

6 Likes

whoa!

I think I got some fiberglass in my hand thanks to PCB v-groovingā€¦

While I do want to have FR-4 in my hands, and in my body in general, I donā€™t want it like this.

Gosh, I wish that the technology required to make decent and useful metal hands was available. At this rate, Iā€™m going to need an xRobotBodyā€¦

2 Likes

not-like-this-stare

1 Like

Sorry, but Iā€™m asking for at least this:

1 Like

This might not be decent and useful but itā€™s definitely badass and useful

2 Likes

not quite as hardcore mechanicalā€¦ but still awesomenessā€¦
https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/12vddlv/i_made_edward_elrics_automail_from_fullmetal/?sort=new
everyday I get a little more ok with an accidental dismemberment

also I really want a fucking bambulab x1 carbon nowā€¦
I legit might drop the money on one come end of the year bonus timeā€¦

also Iā€™ve been seeing and contemplating trying metal plating of 3d prints such as this

I canā€™t think of a better project that the automail arm to metal plate

3 Likes

Edward Elric wears gloves to hide his metal handā€¦

And DT forum members look for ways to keep their blinkies powered at all times.

2 Likes

Okay just a thoughā€¦ Letā€™s assume that in a couple thousand years physical archeology has not been replaced by long term media storage and more reliable archive. Then presumably some of our bodies will be dug up and studied. And we will be some of the very first humans with recreational implanted tech.
Itā€™s kind of a big deal when you think about it.

Thatā€™s of course assuming that there is any point in in-the-field archeology in a world where information is much better stored. Or maybe information is not as safe as we thinkā€¦ What do you think?

You could also say we donā€™t have to rot in the ground and be dug up for it to be a milestone but we are not in position to understand how impactful this will be in the future. Future historians will.

4 Likes

Rushing Robotics

1 Like