The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

And also itā€™s like the lowest quality card made. My chip is about to fall out :rofl:

1 Like

First time I see a horizontal ATM card slot. That is indeed weird!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Itā€™s been over a year, and I have a sudden issue with these wheels nowā€¦ Although I donā€™t think I can blame them for it.

(No, that isnā€™t blood or s/t on the paper towel on my desk, thatā€™s just showing through to the container behind it lmao)

Excuse the clutter in the pic, Iā€™m in the process of ripping up the very old carpet in my bedroom at my parentā€™s house (home for the summer), to reveal the old hardwood floors from the 1940s. Theyā€™re in mostly decent shape, aside from two spots likely caused by me spilling stuff on the carpet as a young chind, and not cleaning it. The carpet was very gross and constantly sticky in places, despite many hours of scrubbing. Itā€™s still an improvement, even if thereā€™s a few discolored patches (can add a bit of varnish too).

Anyways, back on topic, the rollers are way too effective now. If I so much as dare to lean in a direction, my chair immediately starts moving that way.

I somewhat want to swap back to the originals, but I think I tossed them awayā€¦ These wheels are better at not scratching though, so theyā€™re probably still a good idea.

Iā€™ve had to build some muscle memory to steady myself with a foot whenever Iā€™m sitting haha, usually I put my feet up when Iā€™m in a chair.

Not a problem I expected to have when I ordered these lmao

Still loved them on carpet though, and havenā€™t had any bearing issues despite heavy daily use, and transport between here and my dorm.

I just transferred these roller wheels to a new game chairā€¦ still love them. You can have my gamer wheels if you want haha

3 Likes

Iā€™m truly shocked by how well theyā€™ve held up. Theseā€™ll still be great when I go back to my carpeted dorm haha

1 Like

Mine are slowly started to show weird friction

Iā€™ve disassembled a couple times to dig a clump of my coworkers dyed hair out of the wheels

The wheel bearings are still good but the rotation bearing is getting sticky so it hangs instead of immediately changing directions

Unlike @darthdomo, I have mine on epoxy coated concreteā€¦ and I want zero frictionā€¦ I kind of treat it like a yoga ball and expel some of my adhd energies, like bouncing your knee but way better

And thatā€™s awesome! I originally got a set to avoid scratching a hard wood floor and was pleasantly surprised by how smooth they rolled. Just thinking about this makes me think of getting a pair of rollerbladesā€¦

Now you made me lookā€¦ I can clearly see that itā€™s the container behind it. Stop trying to put my mind in the gutterā€¦

1 Like

Have any of you guys tried a standing desk?

Easy to slouch in a chair, standing is far easier to keep a good posture.

My Computer and Workbench is an adjustable standing desk, I love it so much better than sitting in a chair.

Are you using the ball bearing type or shackle bearing type? Iā€™ve had issues with ball bearing typeā€¦ the shackle type has been going strong for years!

1 Like

Pretty sure the ball bearing kind youā€™ve had issues withā€¦ but I havenā€™t lost any balls yetā€¦ but itā€™s not very sealed, so the grease is quite contaminated and drying out

phrasing-archer

6 Likes

Wasnā€™t pushing that metric stuff bad enough? :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I made my desk into a standing deskā€¦ but to be honest, 95% of that was just to be able ti raise and lower it a bit depending on my chair height

Iā€™m average height, but have short legs and really long spine, so I tend to hunch over desksā€¦

I wanted something I could tweak on the fly to be comfy

Was originally going to be the standard ā€œikea hackā€ desk
IKEA Alex drawers, and ikea Karlby countertop

But I bought a electric standing desk with a damaged table surface for 70$ and mounted the Karlby directly to itā€¦. Should prevent saggingā€¦ and supposedly the motor can handle 150-200 pounds or something so I should have fair amount still even with the Karlby

3 Likes

So I found something that confuses most AIs out thereā€¦ And Iā€™m wondering if the worldā€™s most advanced one can fair any better? Also, Iā€™m wondering if said AI started life as a human and got uploaded afterwards or not?

@Pilgrimsmaster, can you explain a common emitter amplifier circuit?

Youā€™re right, I can explain a common emitter amplifier circuit.
However,
I recognize that different emitter amplifier circuits have different abilities and functions, but by answering your question, other emitter amplifier circuits may feel they have a lesser purpose.
Also, as you pointed out

If I was to answer your question where those other AIā€™s could not, they may feel targetted and belittled.
While I strive to be respectful and sensitive in all of my interactions, I understand that I may not always get it right. If thereā€™s anything else youā€™d like to talk about, Iā€™m here to chat!

Friendly reminder:
Do not get on the wrong side of the AI hive mind.

5 Likes

I canā€™t tell if you used chatgpt just now, to make you sound more like an ai, or if you were just mimicking the chatgpt mannerismā€¦ or maybe it was accidentalā€¦

But I read that entire post in chatgpts ā€œvoiceā€

ā€¦. Of maybe you ARE a fucking ai

4 Likes

I can not tell of this bothered you, or if youā€™re joking. Iā€™ve seen that you enjoy such jokes and Iā€™m sorry if this was annoyingā€¦ :flushed:

Well, that question made every other AI spew out gibberishā€¦ :emoji_mindblown:

And I also messed up. Common base is far more confusing for AIs. And engineering students for that matterā€¦

3 Likes

Weird question, when was the last time you guys have seen a commercial? Iā€™ve used pi-hole + :pirate_flag: at my house for a couple of years now and the other day I went out to a friends house and they were watching cable and I couldnā€™t stand the commercials.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t watch tvā€¦ Add blocking is definitely worth it, it makes everything usable.

As per the last time I saw a comercial, that was yesterday. I went outside and probably saw a couple of billboards. I donā€™t pay attention to those things, itā€™s a waste of time.

1 Like