The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Sounds like all implants really. As implants become more and more important to our daily lives, any implant like this will invoke the same level of ā€œbondā€.

This is another big reason why I really like working with passive devices. There is no maintenance or battery to die after a few years. Even if VivoKey goes out of business, you can continue to use the applets on the Apex foreverā€¦ same for DT passive implants of course.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t she decline the surgery? Why did they have to remove it? they never actually list a reason other than the company went bankrupt.

Also, it does not seem ethical to me to have a device removed from a person through invasive surgery that obviously has had a profoundly positive impact on the patient.

the article states the device was experimental so i assume she signed a legal agreement that gave the company the power to recall. she could have refused but probably would have faced legal repercussions.

i agree, however, she had a device that;

• was experimental
  • had an active battery / power cell
  • likely required ongoing support, adjustment, etc.

my guess is that it would have been unsafe to allow the device to remain implanted. safe operation probably required ongoing support, which the company could no longer provide, hence doctors were ethically obligated to remove it vs allow it to remain implanted.

1 Like

Dam :sweat_smile:
ThƩ xG3V2 is about 5-5.5in from thƩ xMagic.

Ive Seen a few different number thrown without really any explanation behind them ā€¦ I was hopping to have the ā€œofficialā€ number :yum:

Ideally Iā€™d like the xG3V1 about 1.5in bellow on the same wrist if it will not be an issue ā€¦ If it will bother the ā€œfeelingā€ I and still not much an issue I might put in anothe V2 ā€¦ Maybe :crazy_face:

I wouldnā€™t expect much sense if you are implanting in your wrist

I never felt so much as a tingle in my arm

Did you do the top/outside or under/inner side?

Top middle of forearm for the v1
Top forearm 2ā€ below elbow for v2

Both wound up deeper than anything else, so either installation technique due to different area, or as I believe thicker skin / fascia allowing the implant to settle deeper regardless how it was installed

Both were intended for lifting purposes, both hand very little lifting power due to the depth they settled at,

No sensation was ever felt, likely due to far lower nerve density

1 Like

That sucks, Iā€™m sorryā€¦
I put the V2 on the inner side of the wrist, about 1 inch away from where the watchband seats.
I am contemplating either another xG3 (V2 right now) or the Spark2 on the under side of the same wrist, about 1.5in away, trying to see how it might work ā€¦

Nothing ventured nothing gained :man_shrugging:t2:

Wanna do cool innovative stuff gotta expect some failure

2x v2s only 1.5 apart could be close

Id expect their field will definitely interact, but shouldnā€™t have much pull

But, idk how a very small but constant force will effect it

Will it slowly drift like tree growth? Or will it sit in its pocket happily until thereā€™s a certain amount of force or trauma allowing it to migrate easier?

:man_shrugging:t2:, I think itā€™s a cool idea endeavor though

I very much want to be able to attach something to my arm, even though it has to be for under a couple minutes, I think it would be supremely cool

Essentially that but inherent to my body

I wish there was a way to do larger flex sized magnets, and then I could do a small matrix of them

*adds another electropermanent magnet to his full robot bodygoalsā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that was a thing, thatā€™s cool

I thought there were either permanent or electromagnets

Cake and eating it too

1 Like

nothing amazingly innovative

If it was me, ( and not a recomendation) I would remove the V2 from the needle, and place it a varying distances on the skin and see what attraction / repulsion I got to the V1, I would mark on my skin exactly where I was happy with the V2 to be implanted.

Bearing in mind this is not a exact expectation test but should be pretty realistic, maybe give myself a little wriggle room and add a few mm :straight_ruler:

• I would then ā€œcleanā€ my V2 and reinsert it into the needle
  • Install V2 into predetermined location
  • I would then put a barrier ( Cotton bud plastic stick or Match stick etc.) between the V1 and V2 ( As close as possible to the newly implanted V2) and tape that barrier down TIGHT to stop any migration toward the V1
  • I would the say my prayers and take my vitamins

When it is fully healed I would remove the barrier and mark on the skin the ā€œfinalā€ location of the V2, and check occasionally the distance, Or measure distance between V1 and V2 to make sure they arent migrating toward each other.

Again, not a recommendation, but likely what I would try on myself

3 Likes

ā€œNever attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.ā€ - this guy

I have a V1 and a V2 in these positions and havenā€™t had an issue so far. The distance is probably around 1in but varies depending on hand movements.

4 Likes

Are you OK Az?
Have you fallen and hit your head? you seem to have disloged your metric brainā€¦
:sob:

1in 25mm

5 Likes

Sorry, too much :beers: last night. My brain is still recovering

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea, but I donā€™t have the proper equipment to get it cleaned properly :unamused:

Thanks @Az_F this seams promising.

The current V2 is in blue, the location Iā€™m considering is in purple.

That looks ok to me but I would definitely put pressure around the new one for the first week to keep it in place. Just in case.
In my case I never felt any attraction between them but I still had the bone acting as a natural barrier.

Thats sad :sob:
Maybe they just need to spend a little time with each otherā€¦or, its simply not meant to be :broken_heart:

:magnet_xg3: :magnet:

2 Likes

Look at this gem :joy::joy::joy:
Iā€™m a bit worried that the people handling data from my temperature chip donā€™t seem to understand the concept of an average :sweat_smile:
Also accidental face reveal :ninja:

5 Likes