I like how you incorporated it onto your page

DONE

you might need to refresh browser

Chip Stuff

Not case sensitive

CHiP StuFf

okily-dokily

2 Likes

Without making any form of commitment or promise, how would anyone feel about drop down menus like this for searching the compatibility matrix?

https://loastedtoafinc.com/compat.php

2 Likes

I like the idea, but it looks like a lot of work and would feel bad for you ā€œgoing it aloneā€

Iā€™d be happy to help where I can

The images on the current spreadsheet for example, I had to smallify due to the spreadsheet running like a dog with large images, so a copy and paste would yield less than optimal results (they would maybe work as thumb nails.

The other thing I would say is, I still think a lookup database would be the ā€œbestā€ option, so I would hate for time to be wasted doing this, only for it to get outdated, but in the same breath, I dont see that happening anytime soon.

1 Like

Perhaps on each step/question it could have instructions and examples of how to identify each common system. I recognize that not all systems could be easily identified by a diy system, but surely a good majority could? If the user says ā€œnone of theseā€ or ā€œnot sureā€ then it could direct them to more options or the forum.

How do you mean? Like a search engine?

• If
  • Then
  • Else

Micrsoft Access

Ew.

4 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster

Could we add ā€œwikiā€ to the list?

The wiki category is a good mine but very hidden

Yeah, youā€™re correct, it is tucked away.
It is currently a sub category under DT Info

Amal set this up, so I wouldnā€™t want to change it without his go ahead

Did you mean add ā€œWikiā€ , to link to

?

Iā€™m late to the party but to me if any of the big tech companies were to sell implants to their customers they would sell the full package: the lock, the chip, the app and the installation.

I know you really want the process to be educational but the average customer runs away as soon as they realize they have to learn something :man_shrugging:
I would instead offer a streamlined experience with occasional hints that educational resources exist. Tease curiosity without being a teacher. I think Pink Floyd made it pretty clear :joy:
Also make use of media and pop culture. Iā€™m not sure if that YouTube project is still a thing but it definitely should!

The analogy with the mobile phone market is the best imo so I would definitely take some inspiration from what phone brands do.

Also it wonā€™t be long before you have some legit competition on the implant market. While that might sound bad for DT I think it will be very beneficial. It will inevitably drive innovation and will also organically create niches for each company to fill and specialize in rather that try and do everything at once.
It will also be much more appealing for customers. A single company doing that one weird thing is quite unsettling for the customer while a whole ecosystem gives legitimacy to the field and sparks discussion.

Assuming Android NFC capabilities tend to expand and LF tends to fade away then a single app will eventually do the trickā€¦ Scan your tag or scanner, tap buy, get the implant and copy it with the same app.
Itā€™s not an immediate solution but I believe this is where weā€™re going :thinking:

I meant, adding ā€œwikiā€ to the keyword list that gets automatically hyperlinked

like this :interrobang:

Wiki

3 Likes

Anyone else use Reddit here? If not, ysk that thereā€™s a protest thatā€™s going on from the 12th to the 14th and potentially onwards due to Redditā€™s stance on their recent anti-3rd-party-app API changes. These changes pose a serious risk to anyone who uses a 3rd-party app and I strongly suggest you support the protest if you can by not posting, commenting, voting on, or even viewing if can, any content on Reddit.

2 Likes

I spend a crazy amount of time on Reddit. They want to push users to their crappy app by charging an insane amount of money to third-party apps using their API. Iā€™m not sure the blackout will do anything though. But I know I donā€™t want to use their app, it sucks. Iā€™ve been using Sync for Reddit for as long as Iā€™m using Reddit.

1 Like

Ditto!!

Thatā€™s interesting.

Then I add that toā€¦

Which is also great!

A Flow chart is often the easiest way to guide a noob into making a good decision.
A Menu-Maze is often the easiest way for someone with prior knowledge to find an exact reference.

But more than that, they both have distinctive advantages and flaws:

• [+] Flow Charts are great for a short journey with loads of options. (i.e. ā€œdeepā€ or ā€œwideā€), because each question allows you to skip the majority of parallel options and focus only on what matters.

• [-] Flow Charts lose efficiency if they have way too many steps to go through (i.e. ā€œlongā€), because then it gets confusing and if you want to double check something you can get lost.

• [+] Menu-Mazes are Great when the flow would have too many steps (i.e. ā€œlongā€), because you skip them and can work directioned (if you know what youā€™re doing)

• [-] Menu-mazes lack efficiency if there are too many parallel options (i.e. ā€œdeepā€ or ā€œwideā€), since then each drawer becomes too big to read.

So I ask myselfā€¦
How deep is this Matryoshka of options?
And how long is it?

3 Likes

Bingo

Now itā€™ll be super easy to point new users to the wiki when they are ready to sponge up all the good info

3 Likes

wikipedia

Iā€™ll need put in a fix for this, I donā€™t think it will be very twiki

2 Likes