The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Nice design :ok_hand:

I would say Better, or Indifferent. Because the data quality is more important than the look. But I love the design improvement.

Small typo : ā€œEhanced Rangeā€ instead of Enhanced.

3 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster hi!

I have a ??

A while ago youā€™d edited the page because the smiley face wasnā€™t visible as an emoji?

Itā€™s reverted for me.
Wondering if it has for anyone else?
And I canā€™t see the reactions as well. Iā€™ll post a picture. Or two.

If itā€™s just me no biggie. But maybe itā€™s also affecting others?
Seems like it looks like itā€™s been zoomed in and the font is bigger lately.

Thanks for any insight!

CharGPT, write a screenplay set in alternate universe Japan where giant sea monsters come out of the water. To protect itself, Japan has built a squadron of yellow and black kamikaze bee planes, each with one giant explosive tipped harpoon affixed to the fuselage. Go.

can you try in landscape?
I have a feeling it a screen resolution on your end.
Hereā€™s yours compared to mine

I do need to give them (reactions) a revamp

1 Like

Better. Great job!

1 Like

What does @misszia think?

1 Like

this is really good!! i was only concerned about the looks since itā€™d be something id be sending to people that were considering a $200+ investment on chips, but this page now definitely feels first party.

1 Like
Disregard

@Pilgrimsmaster or @amal

I did a little messing around with css and if you put the following as custom css for the forum, I think it will make it look a lot better:

.emoji-picker.has-limited-set {
	margin: 10px !important;
}

.emoji-picker.has-limited-set .limited-emoji-set {
	flex-wrap: wrap;
}

.emoji-picker.has-limited-set img.emoji {
	margin: 5px;
}

Without:

With:

Edit: Scratch that, found out I wasnā€™t viewing true mobile layout.

Letā€™s try this again.

@Pilgrimsmaster or @amal

I did a little messing around with css and if you put the following as custom css for the forum, I think it will make it look a lot better:

.mobile-view .emoji-picker.has-limited-set {
	transform: translate(-50%, -10px) !important;
}

.mobile-view .emoji-picker.has-limited-set .limited-emoji-set {
	flex-wrap: wrap;
    gap: 10px;
    align-content: flex-start;
    width: 85vw;
}

Without:

With:

5 Likes

Iā€™ll review how to get it put into the site code. We pull and construct the docker application based on public repos

2 Likes

I think Discourse has the feature built in, no?

1 Like

Custom css?

Yeah, the link I posted shows a guide for it I think.

For some crazy reason my phone will absolutely not go into landscape mode with the DT forum.
:person_shrugging:

Every other site it does. But not here.

No worries. Itā€™s all good.
Itā€™s possible I wonā€™t die over it :joy:

@StarGazer1258 thatā€™s great!!

That shouldā€™ve come with Discourse IMHO. I wonder if you might be able to contribute to the project?

Itā€™s an open source project, right?

2 Likes

Haha duh thx ā€¦ Iā€™ll check that soonā„¢

1 Like

@heliloo what browser are you using?
Some mobile browsers have an accessibility feature that allows you to zoom inā€¦ if I get it to zoom in to 110% it looks exactly like your screenshot.

It also happens like that for me if you go to your Discord use preferences and change the font size.

@StarGazer1258
Using that css the emoji picker looks better but I end up with the text field being pushed down, first line of text messed up and a permanently smaller typing space on my mobile. (My device is uncommon, so maybe thereā€™s that)

Had no issues while emulating a mobile, thoughā€¦

I was going to say much better!
(because the changes are really nice and the background matching as well.)

But I run my browser in Dark Mode and this is how I see itā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s because colour is hardcoded on the pannels as white but you let the browser set the font colourā€¦ which is white in dark mode.

Itā€™s actually quite common. There are loads of sites, especially gov stuff, that end up with that same issue. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, yeah. Used Firefox on desktop and the responsive mobile dev tools. Didnā€™t test on an actual mobile device. I was hoping it would translate well. Might have to do more tinkering later.

Also, could you provide a screenshot of what you mean by

oh, Ye of too much faith! :laughing:

the day those dev tools actually do what they are meant to do, Iā€™m out of a job! :rofl:

itā€™s on my messed up handheld, so itā€™s far away from me now. but looks somewhat like this:

(the top line)

Donā€™t worry much about it, thatā€™s on my phone which isnā€™t standard (because itā€™s the one with redirector-enabled firefox)

Just tested on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S22, Firefox) and it worked as intended, no issue with text being cut off. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like