The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I assume the hermetic seal argument is the same here?

I did some googling after I spitballed, apparently titanium doesnā€™t play nicely with electroplating processes

:man_shrugging:t2:

Iā€™ve gone through pvd, cvd, ald, and a few other methods of laying down titanium and titanium nitride, and itā€™s all imperfect for various reasons.

2 Likes

Sorry to hijack this thread but just had a random thought. Anyone remember the Phantom Eight characters from NCIS who had rfid implants allowing them access to any military facility in the world?

@amal you werenā€™t co-writer on that show were you? :wink:

itā€™s not worth doing imho at this point because the current core is getting shut downā€¦ the new API is basically feature complete at this point, and iā€™m going to be having some talks about building out a new IdP with OIDC and SSO/SAML

1 Like

Noted, Iā€™ll put this on hold then. Itā€™s not on the priority list for now , I just wanted to familiarize myself.

kramer-seinfeld

3 Likes

Note OKTA has Acquired Auth-0

2 Likes

Oh and another random thought, the problem of powering implants. Well what about a kinetic clutch that charges a capacitor? Would work better if placed in arm due to range of motion .

Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack you.

Or a mini capacitor that charges off being read. If the xsiid can harvest energy to an led then surely it can harvest it for storage to a capacitor?

Canā€™t derail a derailment thread. I think there are issues with implanting capacitors. I canā€™t give the specifics but Iā€™m sure someone here can.

1 Like

Generally speaking itā€™s technically possible but practically impractical :wink: ā€¦ capacitors lose charge so quickly through internal leakage that itā€™s not really all that viable for most things people want to do with powered implantsā€¦ and mechanical components are large and ā€¦ mechanical ew haha

obviously bullshit, but thought I would share anyway

1 Like

Yup it can. What do you want to do with that energy though? The strength of capacitors is that they can charge and discharge very quickly, unlike a chemical battery. Unfortunately their energy density is poor, and they lose voltage very quickly as they discharge, also unlike a chemical battery.

Hereā€™s a breakdown I did for someone who asked this before.

I had a five minute conversation with myself and the only use i could come to is also a permanently on led lol. Im having wild impractical ideas about subdermal gpio boards. Oh well was good to hash it out with like minded people.

maybe an accelerometer that only lets the capacitor discharge with a large force is done, so it looks like youre releasing your charged mega karate chop

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t get much more than a few seconds out of a capacitor. With a 25mm li ion coin cell you can get 24h with a ~15 min charge. Including the wireless charging, battery and led and coating it would be a 27mm * 5mm disc.
If youā€™re willing to implant a battery that is, which has been done before, successfuly. Failure rate on coin cells is close to 0, itā€™s just that IF it fails then youā€™re f*d :man_shrugging:
If you change every night then the batteryā€™s lifetime is also a factor though.

Im thinking something g3 sized. A ball bearing in the middle a small spring on both sides and a coil of copper around centre.

1 Like