The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

Touchē

There was no way I was going to describe them as 1/32"
That’s retarded :wink:

2 Likes

Obviously you don’t want to give dimensions in inches.
But I feel like I should point out that the ISO/IEC 7810 standard specifies a card thickness between 17/25 mm and 21/25 mm. So you might want to verify the card thicknesses.

2 Likes

YES Because my Amazon Prime card is significantly thicker. I am only 1934.5 amazon prime credit cards tall

4 Likes

Again…

3 Likes

Thats extremely thick for a card…

If you trust Wikipedia that is…and me…and my cards

:face_holding_back_tears:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I trust you. I only mention it because there is quite a lot of variation of thicknesses in my wallet. some are even out of spec.

1 Like

Just ribbing ya’

You’re all good

1 Like

As a professional machinist, I can tell that there’s clearly something wrong with your calipers. Not to worry, it’s an easy fix. Try pressing the blue button, that should take care of it.

9 Likes

A mixed result
I tried pressing it once, And I felt like I shoulld be eating crayons, :crayon: I pressed the blue button again, and all was right with the world again

Phew!!!

6 Likes

An alternative fix is to divide by 25.4

DWHK

1 Like

Am I doing this right, @ODaily @Pilgrimsmaster?

4 Likes

I hate fractional inches so much… My calipers all have the option. When I have to use inches, I still just use decimal inches.

My dad is a tradesman who has used US standard units his entire working life, so he’s impressively good with using fractional inches and doing math with them on the fly, but man, why?

So much easier to just use metric.

2 Likes

Haha, I actually didn’t even know that was a thing…Why would you?

leonardo-di-caprio-clapping

Had me a wild day full of firsts.
Woke up at 2:30am. Left by 3.
Hopped a jet (3 total) for the first flight ever.
Saw Phoenix and Oregon for the first time.
Saw the ACTUAL FREAKING END OF A RAINBOW.
It landed on a barn at exit 88 of interstate 5, just fyi.
Drove through the jaw dropping Cascadia(I think) mountains. (a first).
Saw the Ocean. Surf beating on the beach. Sunset on the water. (First)
Am now standing on the ring of fire in Gold Beach. (First first).
It’s now 7:30, but two time zones away, so my day has been 19~ish hours of travel.

Feeling wiped out and great at the same time.

11 Likes

So it has been brought to my attention that not everyone scrolls their mouse the same way. I prefer to use my middle finger to scroll, leaving my index finger free to click. Some of my colleagues however, scroll with their index finger. (I find this very weird and unergonomic). Now my curious mind wants to know how common this is.

Time to vote,

How do you scroll?

• Index Finger
  • Middle Finger
  • Other

0 voters

3 Likes

i use the knob on my keyboard.

1 Like

I do so because I’m old enough to remember two button mouses, then the three button version got introduced, and finally, the scroll wheel was added to the middle click.

So I still place my index on the left click, and my middle finger on the left. It’s just a habit from another era…

3 Likes

I use my tongue, keeps the mouse clean

7 Likes

How else are you supposed to get the Cheeto dust off

5 Likes