The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yea I wondered this too, but I think I did some digging and it looked like he was from the states I thoughtā€¦

Doesnā€™t MEAN heā€™s going to be fluent in English I suppose, but I would expectā€¦ something more coherent I guess

1 Like

Hey, yā€™all know that he might read this thread as well? :smile:
Think this conversation is really funny, considering he might just be ā€œsitting at the tableā€ as well - though I admit, I totally agree to what youā€™re writing here, and that it might not take long until he gets himself into trouble againā€¦

I can make sense in a language that Iā€™ve been studying for less than 3 months. Itā€™s not a matter of grammar or vocab, itā€™s a matter of logic between sentences and punctuation. And ultimately what you have to say, and whether it has substance

Hmmā€¦ tempting :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ā€œsocialā€ Facebook profile says heā€™s from Tucson AZ, so that could be some Latin American backgroundā€¦ shrug

Itā€™s possible, but I meanā€¦

So? I assume most people can read anything I post

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve said anything maliciousā€¦

I warned him last time if he didnā€™t chill heā€™d likely get put in time out, and then it happened

Iā€™m hopeful heā€™s learned, Iā€™m just not confident
Especially that one of his first posts was straight to the vivokey iOS thread

2 Likes

It was, and it was also just a ā€œcool updateā€

1 Like

Nah, didnā€™t want to say that - I just think this situation is a bit comical :wink:

Thatā€™s why my first post about it was to off topic instead of summoning the HAMMER

I figured we could all watch and see if he learns to fly or falls from the nest

1 Like

Just a Latino kid who just moved to the states and is all exited.
I get direct PMs from him on other social media regarding the iOS app and Spark 2 and implants and stuff. And I donā€™t mind.
But then again Iā€™m used to play with kids on some gaming servers like minecraft or whatever. And I know how obnoxious they can get sometimes. I know this ainā€™t a children focused group. Also some of you are very strong opinionated about if a 13 year old should have an implant or need a tremendous reason to even consider it viable.
I donā€™t know. Maybe because Iā€™ve lived in different countries I am more insensitive to peoples differences. Iā€™ve seen little boys with long hair, or even pierced ear (yes male little kids) and no one sees them as ā€œabusedā€ or ā€œruinedā€
Is not like the kid wants to start having some beers and smoke weed and drive a car without permit.
He is into bio-hacking and I think thatā€™s cool.
Thing is that his parents donā€™t speak English.
I told him to make a video even on Spanish with his parents explaining whatā€™s their point of view and their support to him and getting an implant. Cuz no one believes him.
He is a bit hyper and English doesnā€™t seem to be his first language so I guess he is just desperate to be the ā€œcool kidā€ at school with something special about him.
Yeah yeah he doesnā€™t even know what it is for. And he seems so focused on the Spark 2 when in reality he doesnā€™t have much use for that chip yet. I think he would find more fun the LED blinky one if anything.

5 Likes

I would say xSIID. My LED blinky is underwhelming.

The xSIID will at least stay lit up for them.

He does seem to have learned lol, I definitely think he would enjoy the xsiid more

2 Likes

Youā€™re not alone, I agree. I respect other peopleā€™s opinions about it who are parents though, because I donā€™t have kids so Iā€™m less informed on the consent side of the issue. It does kind of bother me when decisions are made as if kids arenā€™t ā€œpeopleā€, and that they need to be treated delicately like eggshells.

4 Likes

Thing is, if they decide by themselves that they want a pierced ear, they are not abused - many many little children get their ears pierced because their parents want it, and thatā€™s a different story, I think. It is abuse. Additionally, I like to stress again that no pro will pierce a little kidā€™s ear, so itā€™s usually done with a piercing gun - these things do massive damage to the tissue and they can not be properly sterilized, so you can get every f*ing disease from that. Nope, nothing Iā€™d recommend.
And this case might be similar - no pro will install a chip in a 13-year-old kid. So, either self-install or assisted, with all the risks of cross-contamination and people with little knowledge about anatomy and stuff. This is simply not a good idea, at least not for someone that young and impatient.

Just my humbleā€¦ yā€™know

4 Likes

Autocorrect is my worst enema as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I just want to point out this isnā€™t always true. I have a 1 year old, and I inquired at my local piercing place. They will do it. They just prefer they are not over 12 months, but below 5 years. He just said that if he does an 18 month to 4 year old, they usually pull on them too much.

Abuse was when my mother hit me with a pizza board, or when her flavor of the week put his cigarette out on me.
I have a hard time considering ear piercing abuse. If my daughter doesnā€™t want them when she is 5, she wonā€™t get them. She wouldnā€™t have had a choice if I acted earlier.

That is a very different thing, and I donā€™t mean to relativize this by what I said.
Still, punching a hole through a part of the body is, first and foremost, harming someone. And if that someone doesnā€™t say that he or she wants it, it is abuse. Not the least bit comparable to the shit you had to go through, obviously, but where do you draw the line?

Okay, different countries, different work ethics for piercers :smile:
In Germany, no serious piercer would do that. There are some who do, and those are the ones I would never consider ā€œserious piercerā€ :wink:

Hey that is fair. I guess we have different levels for what to consider abuse. I would consider it abuse, if the child that had their ears pierced when they were a baby, and the parents refused to let them take them out.

Funny, I guess I wouldnā€™t consider a piercer a ā€œserious piercerā€ UNLESS they did do childrenā€™s ears. They donā€™t use a gun for it here, they do it like a normal piercing.

1 Like

Heā€™s gunna poke that bear again lol

I am half tempted to send him a xNT I have just sitting around that I donā€™t know if I will have a use for

25$ To shut him up? Lol :joy:
ā€¦but spare the rodā€¦

3 Likes

I think itā€™s less of him being here and more of the new topics he makes. As soon as he made a new account his first post was ā€œshould i spread the word of vivokeyā€

Like itā€™s awesome he is excited, but that really didnā€™t need to be itā€™s own forum post as it dosnt spark (no pun intended) a conversation, and really is just a post that takes up space.

3 Likes