The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Does anybody else often experience a moment of complete dissociation from his own humanity?
Something along the lines of being an alien that has been stranded on another planet and had to blend among its population, and remained there for so long that he has forgotten who he was originaly - and is then suddenly reminded of his own alienness?

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking that the situation may have been addressed. Iā€™m not privy to the inner workings of the forum so I donā€™t know for sure.

That said,

The problem here is not age, itā€™s maturity level. There are children (chronologically speaking) out there that are wise old souls and who could, if they wished, contribute much to the discussions here. There are some who will need years put on before theyā€™re ready. And frankly this forum just isnā€™t the place for them.

I donā€™t like it when people get voted out just cause they donā€™t fit in, but in this case he seems to be incapable of exhibiting basic judgment and behavior. I just donā€™t see how it benefits him or us for him to continue acting in this fashion.

Maybe in few years he will be ready. Hopefully he will come back and contribute when the time is right. Sadly, this is not that time.

@anon7067117, that seems familiar. I think thereā€™s a psychology term for it. Like deja vu, but more in the lines of disconnect of the self. Memory is not serving up answers tonight though. Sometimes the brain gives, and sometimes it does not.

do you feel like there is a filter in your life, saving you from Pointless repeats?

If so, do you think that is a good thing?

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by that.

I thought you may have been referring to a thread that may have disappeared, if not then disregardā€¦

Tell me - how old does everyone think I am here?

I donā€™t drop by much (mainly because my work is all behind the scenes ATM).

No clue, and thatā€™s kinda the point. You could be 11, you could be 50. What matters is how you present yourself and how you contribute. Case in point, this is a valid, on topic, non-obnoxious post that you have made.

Regardless of your age, you function as a fully developed person.

I might be kinda weird, but I donā€™t care how old you are, what your colour is, what your bits look like or what you care to do with them. You wanna talk sterilization techniqes, or rave on the magnet bandwagon, or just subtley poke a little fun, itā€™s all good.

Unless youā€™re metrickey, then I think you should move to New Zealand.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to start using only thouā€™s, or maybe irrational metric fractionalā€¦ canā€™t decide which will be more fun lol

1 Like

Wanna see heads pop like popcorn?

1 span (zeret) = 3 palms (tefahim) 1 ell [cubit] (amah) = 2 spans (zeret), or 6 palms [handbreadths] 1 mil (mil) = 2000 ells [cubits] (amot) 1 parasang (parasa) = 4 mils (milin)

Could it be simply a generational thing?

When my mom discovered emails in the nineties, she started to write me long letters - pages long - like she would a handwritten letter. Iā€™d answer a quick something. Then 2 hours laters, Iā€™d get 15 more pages. Iā€™d answer another quick something. Then 2 hours later, yet another multi-page letter. Eventually I told her she didnā€™t have to write full-blow letters. She said ā€œOoh okay, I was wondering. It was getting tiring and I didnā€™t know what else to tell you.ā€ :slight_smile:

Me, I canā€™t get used to modern forum features. The likes, the editsā€¦ Well I get the edits and I use them, but it feel alien to me. I try to proofread what I write before posting, I do my links and my formatting in htmlā€¦ because I use the forum Slashdot-style. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m used to. I know I can do other things in Discourse, but I simply donā€™t.

Maybe our young friend here is a pure product of the Twitte generationr: post random short shit without thinking and without any regard for continuity or punctuation - zap, gone, done, forgotten. Only he tweets in a forum, and creates new threads instead of instantly forgettable short messages. Maybe heā€™s using the wrong flow in the wrong medium, and doesnā€™t quite grasp that heā€™s using a (semi-) old fartā€™s tool :slight_smile:

At least thatā€™s my theory. It might explain the shallowness and disconnection of his posts, because thatā€™s exactly the kind of thing I expect to read on Twitter. Not that I ever read anything on Twitter thoughā€¦

I could agree with all that, but for one thing. The posts had no content whatsoever. Nor could I see that he was even trying. Twitter speak is probably a real thing, but you can speak volumes in 280 Characters.

Many tweets I see donā€™t seem to have much content either. Just people tweeting whatever crosses their mind at the moment. I donā€™t doubt there are constructed discussions on Tweeter, but thereā€™s also the random shit - and lots of it.

Being a whippersnapper, Iā€™d argue that generation communication changes even more rapidly than letters to email to text even. Iā€™m not that much older than he is and I fell a disconnect between people younger than me. I would say the the speed of tech makes it even harder to have a standard of communication. To me it looks more like youtube/twitch comments than a tweet. Idk though.

To be fair, we had instant text chat before you guys (IRC). And oftentimes it doesnā€™t feel very connected or constructed neither on IRC :slight_smile:

Also, wtf is Twitch? I thought Tiktok was the new Youtube.

Twitch is game streaming, generally.

Are vines still a thing?

Blockquote[quote=ā€œPilgrimsmaster, post:1, topic:5860ā€]
Hi all,
We are all such a diverse bunch of people from all over the world, with a HUGE amount of knowledge outside of the Bio-Hacking space, opinions, thought & feelings :hugs: I was wondering if there was a way we could tap into that and have a dedicated thread where we can all:-
Ask a biohacking unrelated question
Have a rant
Discuss the topic of the day ( Star Wars vs. Star Trek )

:vulcan_salute: :wink:

Just like a So you think youā€™ve been implanted against your will? But forā€¦Us!

A junk thread we can freely hijack, derail and randomize

Iā€™m definitely not saying we donā€™t throw in a ā€œrandomā€ quip into a thread, Personally I quite like that and keeps it light and fun, but when you have an off-topic you want to "Throw out thereā€¦"
[/quote]

Twitter bought Vine out then closed them down. TikTok Iā€™d essentially the new Vine, all things considered.

Eeeeh, Iā€™d recommend furlongs, rods and chains, which are all imperial/US customary, by the way

Yes. More frequently than I like, honestly.
How does it feel for you - is it an unpleasant feeling or not? Iā€™m never really sure myself - for me, itā€™s a mixture of being lost, stranded somewhere, and a strong sensation of longing, not knowing for what exactly. And insane happiness and warmth and relief when I find someone whom I can feel connected to, as this is so freakinā€™ rare.
Some lines of a very old song I like a lot seem to get that feeling pretty good, at least for me:

ā€œStare into the sky, weā€™re few and far between
Black eyes full of stars, wide with memoriesā€

Is that vaguely what you feel / mean?

1 Like