The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijackingšŸ”« thread🧵 ⁉

Thanks for digging this up for me!

1 Like

Are there any PM3 smarties here who could tell me what exactly the make accessrights step does when compiling the client on linux?

As far as I can tell all it does is create some groups and add the user to them, but I’m not certain that’s all it does

My ability to decipher code is pretty much awful, so I’d appreciate any help, thanks!

1 Like

To allow the current user to dial out to the PM3. It won’t take effect until you log out and log back in.

4 Likes


That totally looked like an m31 at first glance

3 Likes

I see, but does that require more than just creating/adding the user to the ā€œdialoutā€ and ā€œbluetoothā€ groups?

I’m trying to get the client to work on opensuse, but this step uses adduser which is a pain to get, but I can manually add them using useradd, which seems to work, but I want to make sure it’s not doing something else I’m missing too.

So long as the PM3 client can talk to the PM3 itself I should be okay?

Ever bid in an online auction and then just pray somebody outbids you?

6 Likes

And real fangs made with no composite bonding, they’d feel much more natural but also could just be put down to normal, just like with composite bonding.

This. I hate being human lol, gets boring after a while

1 Like

Yeah though I get yoghurt cuz it’s what I’d usually drink with a salami sandwich lol

2 Likes

i ate an entire box of Johnny Pop popsicles last night because i was craving popsicles. My 3yr old was livid. Life’s rough kid.

5 Likes

They’re just too sweet to not crave

Love it, downloading it right now

As far as I’m aware, it just allows the user to talk to that device, not changing anything else. I haven’t used opensuse, but I think add user is the equivalent to make access in this case? If add user works I think you’re good. All of my machines run linux, but I’m not well versed, so add some salt.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

1 Like

Question for home automation cyborgs

Been getting into automation, and using Alexa for a lot… its surprising a pretty useful little device

…but the nsa/bezos is listening to you…

How do I word this without getting a wellness check… but also being wonderfully dark
…The forecast on that investment seems quite…volatile…at times
(Besides, your phone and everything else smart that has any TOS is probably mining you anyways)
Anyways dark jokes aside…

Assuming at some point I become less numb…to the futility of digital privacy anyways lol

Does (mostly) anything that works with Google/alexa intrinsically work with home assistant? Or is there a chance that devices I have or will get that are Alexa compatible will not be compatible with home assistant?

2 Likes

I’ve never used home automation so take this post with a bit of sodium chloride.

I’ve considered setting up HA and have played with ESP home, and from what I read back in the day, there are lots of things that are not compatible with Home Assistant so there’s no guarantee. I don’t know if it’s possible to use Alexa as a bridge between HA and a device that isn’t supported by HA but I think it is.

Also note that some devices depend on the manufacturer’s servers even if you’re running HA.

I’d probably be using a bunch of this stuff if it wasn’t for the politics of the place where I was born and wasn’t renting. I really wanted to automate the blinds in my office back then. :melting_face:

2 Likes

Khz?

1 Like

My wife is absolutely ocd about opening and closing the blinds when the hours are appropriate…

I could usually care less… I’m so nocturnal that I have forgotten that people crave the suns presence
…completely unrelated I think I have a vitamin D deficiency for some reason

Anyways… the blinds were less than convenient, so I talked her into letting me automate them for her… and it earned me so much latitude to experiment with automation and allowing an Alexa to spy on us lol

… related… I was going to combine this with my ongoing war with my computer to chill tf out when I’m not using it…
There was a skill that could basic IFTTT commands to a pc… I just pieced together that I could use this to issue rgb off and on commands based on office presence… super cool :sunglasses:

…what’s that?… Amazon just killed all IFTTT ability?… cool… fuck you too Amazon

4 Likes

I didn’t like the neighbors looking in… Also, what’s this suns thing about?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Stupid thing can’t make up its mind…
open the blinds just to have to close them again?
image

Fuck around and find out… I’m not responsible for your emotional trauma
image

4 Likes