The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Looks awesome! I don’t miss that sausage arm feeling, you have my sympathy :wink:

1 Like

This. I have been looking for the words.

Just a better view of the back of myforearm, being held up. When I walk, tiny points down,

3 Likes

10 Likes

Usually, I define it as “following my own individual norms”, but yeah, I rarely use it at all

Just had a slight lack of words - I mean, I have no solid black tattoo, no handpoking (yet!^^), no dotwork, no
 whatever, just a “normal” tattoo in a way :smiley:

But I really like good solid black tattoos, especially when combined with scars or white lines (I like scars more, because it is usually a stronger contrast).

This is interesting, I think, for I had a long debate with my mum on bodymods - she assumed that people do it because they don’t like themselves or the way they look, and I said that I already loved myself the way I am and still feel a lot like “upgrading” or “improving” myself with the mods, more like “showing on the outside what’s already inside of me”. I think both points are valid (and I am sure there are about a million other reasons for modding oneself), but I always like to understand the motivation behind all that.

2 Likes

Sarcasm is terrible over the internet. I wasn’t being serious with you. But thank you for going into detail, I agree. It is not a traditional tattoo

I mean, I don’t hate my skin I suppose. I just have never really cared about it much I guess. I kinda have to commit now I guess.

1 Like

Yeah, I almost thought that :wink: But I like going into detail with words, especially with words many people use without ever thinking much about them^^

Oh yes, this looks like a good case for good sunblocker - everything else would be a bad idea :smile:
Don’t want to go too “deep” on that one, too, but I realized that I started caring for myself a lot more when I started getting modified - for me, it was the fact that my body demanded some things afterwards
 more sleep (still get tired about 1 or 2 hours after a piercing^^), good wound aftercare, more consciousness in every day life (like, not raising the phone to the ear that was just pierced
), maybe slight aftercare for a pretty long time
 and so I started to listen to my body more than before. Might not be a bad idea :wink:

3 Likes

Wtf?
Installing applets on a Fidesmo card costs money?
Do I need a credit card to use the FlexOne?
I remember there was a way to manually install applets over a PC
 I hope that works without credit card.

1 Like

Mhmm, enjoy that new solar panel on your arm @Backpackingvet :wink:

1 Like

A lil update: the fidesmo go applet is free. I can’t install it tho’, it says it failed to load.
Then it’s in the list of connected services and uninstalling works so idk what to believe.

Fidesmo Go: Sweden was installable but I can’t uninstall it.

Only transit applets are free, I guess fidesmo earns commissions there so they dont charge you for the install.

EDIT to add images.

@fraggersparks do users need to pay to deploy applets from the Fidesmo app store?

I guess it can be done for free with the developer tools.
There’s some cli that can work with fidesmo devices, I guess that doesnt need my credit card info.
EDIT: yeah seems like using fdsm allows me to install applets for free, using fidesmo developer keys. Maybe a dev acc costs money?

EDIT 2: Good, there’s a free plan for dev accs.

Sigh. This is the derailing-thread anyway, so I can just put my sadness and anger in here

They are shutting down tattoo-/piercingstudios again in Germany, for 4 weeks. This is such a stupid thing
 yeah, okay, we can all still go to the mall, to giant furniture stores, to our hairdressers and whatever, run around there with tons of other people, but they shut down studios where just two persons are in the same room.
What really kills me is the fact that I can do nothing to help, nothing to change that. It’s just sad.

5 Likes

Don’t forget that good piercing studios and everyone in them are usually soaked in sanitizer.
Stupid.

Here it’s 2 housholds with a max of 10 people.

3 Likes

Now you are just rubbing salt in @Coma 's wound.

She prefers Sugar and lemon juice
:pancakes:

8 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s the actual limit for visiting IKEA :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah, I know, they limit the group size of course, but still - they just shut down the most safe industry in the whole country, I think. And yes, I even got “attacked” with sanitizer-spray directly after entering the studio the last few times, so I think every little virus will stay away from piercing studios^^

Yep, totally :stuck_out_tongue: And it starts to hurt a bit, guess my skin is properly irritated :wink:

Ah, there’s one thing we customers can (and maybe should) do - I just asked my studio if I can buy some vouchers or just pay in advance for mods I am planning to get. I think if we have a few bucks to spend, we might all help little companies staying alive :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

That is very altruistic of you and a great example to others.

I know your situation sucks, and it makes little logical sense, but remember, there are other countries in a far worse situation than you.
I would rather be in Germany who are at least trying to do something, rather than a country that is doing very little.

3 Likes

Nah, I think it’s totally selfish - I want to be able to visit my bodymod artist again after all this, so it’s bad for me if he has to shut down his studio :wink: (okay, I like him a lot, so this is not the only reason, but still^^)

Totally agree. We’ve made it pretty good so far, in international comparison. We just have a bunch of stupid idiots who think that they have to keep on partying and such, or who behave just silly, and that leads to the events now following.
The only thing that makes me so angry about these measures is that they are, in the case of bodmod-studios, completely illogical and simply unfair - that’s just something I can’t stand :wink: Other than that, I’m fine with all those restrictions, if they actually lead to something.

2 Likes

I’ll have to disagree with you there, yes, you will benefit in the long term, and it is something that you are passionate about.
BUT
At the end of the day they could still go out of business, but your contribution will help them delay that and then you will get nothing, you are willing to take that risk to support them. Yes you have a vested interest, but you are still thinking about them and their livelihood.

Another example would be, somebody buying tickets for a vintage steam train tour in advance.
That would be them supporting something THEY are passionate about, in my book, that doesn’t make them selfish.

Again, like somebody donating to Animal shelters, doesn’t make you selfish because you don’t donate to Greenpeace

let’s agree on you being selfless rather than selfish :+1:

By the way, I agree with you there

2 Likes

Okaaaay
 I get your point :wink:
I really think if it is possible to help a bit, one should do it. I wouldn’t do it if it would ruin me financially, but it doesn’t, so

I just don’t like those goodguy badges people stick on their chests because they donate money, so I just disguise it as total, brutal selfishness :wink:

2 Likes

There are good selfish reasons to wish for others to have it good.

2 Likes