The doNExT is in

isnt it a nt? i swear its not got the xem part which is why its got the hole in the middle of it, where the xem chip would sit?

But the middle is where the EM is, I thought this was just a flex NTAG216 bullseye tag with some lights.
NExT is NTAG + EM (T5577)

Read at the top of the post you’re both correct the LF part is replaced by the hole
so yeah doNT seems a bit more fitting :laughing:

2 Likes

1 Like

No, it shouldn’t be called that.

In fairness, it’s probably not the implant’s fault, but my body not reacting properly. Other flexNExT wearers’ are apparently fairly trouble-free. But for me, I believe it’s a little over what my body is willing to tolerate. The center hole probably has nothing to do with my issues either.

1 Like

I’m sure after some time your body will accept the foreign object is there to stay

It sure don’t feel that way. More like a nasty sleeping dog that I constantly have to be careful not to wake up. And every now and then it opens an eye and starts yawning anyway.

At this point, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it suddenly went fully nasty and I had to get it removed at the ER. It’s not completely healthy, I can tell.

Fair enough, in that case @Equipter suggestion seems to be both amusing and not entirely misleading/inaccurate :rofl:

1 Like

Damn, hope not, that sounds unpleasant, best of luck.

I’m no doctor but if you have some Amoxicillin or other antibiotic lying around it might help.

No. Taking antibiotics willy-nilly is the worse thing you can do. You don’t know what antibiotic you need - there are dozens of them - and if you don’t complete a full course and kill all the bugs, the ones that remain are resistant and nastier, and you have yourself a bigger problem than what you started with. Really Bad Idea™.

4 Likes

DoNuT yes or no

1 Like

That’s fair, I’m so use to just having drugs around the house (name anything that doesn’t have a recreational use and I’ve probably got some form of it somewhere)
I’ve got like $300 worth of antibiotics I used to get rid of my MRSA in a box in my closet

I think more concern over the name of the implant rather than Roscos health is…odd,
And the fixation funny

The fact that Rosco “Invented” the doNExT, he can call it what he wants.

A rose :rose: by any other name would still be a NTAG216

1 Like

This, totally.

Wish you all the best for your “sleeping dog”… I still hope it “just” gives you a hard time and will eventually calm down…

So doNag then :wink:

Serious note thats a massive pain in the ass if its going to keep flaring up. Do you really believe that the hole may not be influencing it at all?

just as JJ Jameson needs pics of spiderman. i need to know. DONUT OR DO NOT

1 Like

tenor (55)

1 Like

Well yes and no. He can call it what he wants but that doesn’t stop it from being misleading :man_shrugging: was just a suggestion to reduce the confusion as it did momentarily confuse me and also apparently @NoUsersLefft so I assume it will have for others. I guess I am just all for clear communication :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh it looks like @anon3825968 likes the suggestion, awesome! I actually think its a really cool name for it!

4 Likes