The flexMN batch is now open!

giphy (46)

Yeah… The main reason why I like LEDs on my chips is so that I can get a visual confirmation of the read/range.

If the chip can be read without triggering the LED because of perpendicularity/range difference, it kind of defeats the purpose for me…

@amal
Is there any possibility for the wedge form-factor (albeit larger or longer) to include both the chips?
As in… 2x wedge shaped chip+antenna, side by side, but in a single implant?

I know the circle antenna gives a dash more range, but the 33mm is a borderline hard no for me… The Idea of having thin edges constantly applying force against the edges of my pocket just doesn’t sit right with me.

Right now it’s about choosing between 2 independent implants, or waiting in hopes of another format coming up.
But this pairing of chips is kinda perfect… Damn!

1 Like

I doubt it.
Or said differently, if amal just never told anyone that theres a wedge LF antenna, I’d be pissed :smiley:
IIRC he said circular is the best he can do. (Currently?)

My opinion: no one needs a flexEM, the xEM has an ez 2cm range for my door reader, who wants more?

I just hope it… :sweat_smile:

That is the perfect chip combo for me, and having as a single implant is perfect.
But 33mm wide is, on my particular use-case, an invitation for disaster. :pensive:

I could even think of a Stickman* form factor, depending on the final dimensions ofc! :laughing:

• a wedge HF, with a circle LF attached on top of it.
1 Like

26 posts were split to a new topic: FlexKeyhole design (proposed)

FYI people

Less than 12 hours to go before the FlexMN campaign closes!!!

1 Like

I’m thinking on getting one of those flexMN’s with the LED’s, but not sure what color would be good.

You have just over 2 hours to decide if you want to get one in this batch. Have a look at some flexNExT threads to see what blinkies look like (ideally after some healing)

14 posts were split to a new topic: Resonant repeater

Hah well, now I have so many people now suddenly coming to me just after closing I just opened another batch… really these are just about doing them in batches so the next batch is live now.

5 Likes

Any ETA on shipping the first batch?

I’m asking so I can start getting in touch with Lassi to book an appointment for the dead flexNExT swap. As you know, it takes some planning as I’ll have to fly other there.

FWIW, if you wanted to combine the first and second batch to buy the chips in larger quantity and save money, I’m okay to wait longer. The other “first batchers” would have to agree to this also of course.

1 Like

That would be fine with me as well.

I dont mind either

@amal How confident would you say you are that the lack of potting with the LED nails in the flexNExT was the cause for some of them failing? I’m just trying to gauge what the longevity for them looks like. Is there any major risk of them burning out or dying in the flexMN?

i’m getting the chips ordered today… shipping to me may take some time considering customs etc… hard to give ETA for this first batch, but for the 2nd batch I should have a better understanding. I may combine batches just because of shipping delays to be honest… but we’ll see how it sorts itself out. i am going to put a bit of an investment into the first chip purchase round and hopefully it pays off in batch 2, just so we’re not constantly behind on delivery.

very confident. unfortunately i have much less confidence that the resin potting will solve the issue. i hope it will, but no idea… we’re in uncharted territory still.

as for burning out… no chance… i have had the same nrfc nail stuck to the bottom of my acr122u for months now… just being lit 100% duty cycle. no issues.

The best closest example of performance expectations would be the flexMT and so far I don’t think I know of any LEDs that have failed in the flexMT, only the flexNExT… but that might not be accurate. I do know that if any have failed in a flexMT, the count is so low I can’t even remember if it has happened or not… so that must be good right?

2 Likes

:arrow_double_up: This post up there :arrow_double_up:

That is confirmation that Amal is an optimist

4 Likes

i kinda have to be to want to run a devil chip business :wink:

4 Likes

You called :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Is there any way to reenforce some of the connections with solder? Also, have you or anyone else performed stress tests on the nails to see if there’s is a common point of failure or anything?