The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Only as a photo op prop at the start of the pandemic.

Sorry about the extension of the derail. Move if desired.

What’s the best way to get notified when batch 2 is available to order? I missed the boat on the original campaign and I’m feeling left out!

2 Likes

Probably keeping watch of this thread, or watching for an announcement on the forum about batch two

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was hoping for an email signup or something along those lines. I’ve been waiting for a new magnet since my SMM and then m31 failed, but I don’t hang out in these forums because I’m not into implanting chips. Not to mention that magnet development had seemingly stalled for years. By the time I heard about the Titan they were all gone.

A simple “click here to be notified when this item is back in stock” is what I’m talking about.

Edit: definitely don’t need a notification every time someone posts about receiving theirs. I’m jealous enough already!

You are just going to have to keep an eye out I am afraid.

The last campaign went for ~ month

Here was an update from a 2 weeks ago, so it doesn’t sound far off

If you do that on the Dangerous Announcements category it may be less noisy.

But yeah that would be a nice feature.

2 Likes

definitely subscribe to the Dangerous Announcements category

Anything new gets posted there and only we can post, so it’s a pretty good email alert to sign up for.

2 Likes

Until the vibrations feature of the Apex is implemented.

2 Likes

more like electromyostimulation feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oops, my implant is ringing.

3 Likes

Hey Titan Backers… batch 2 is coming in March!

For this new batch, we are considering the following;

• Price of $299
  • 30 backer minimum
  • Same great packaging
  • No Titan backer coupon
  • No Hall of Titans

What do you original backers think about batch 2 parameters?

17 Likes

I think it’s pretty fair. I still feel like I made a good deal, even tho’ I cant get it installed until batch 2 drops.
(Looking at you future implants with a huge discount.)

3 Likes

I think it sounds fair - the hall and the coupon were for those who took the “initial risk”, so to say; and the new price is a really good one. The minimum of 30 backers should be totally achievable, and I think it’s actually nice to provide the same beautiful packaging.

So :+1: and I think it’s great you prepare to do another batch!

3 Likes

No issues with that :+1:

2 Likes

I got into the Titan campaign for two reasons.

A. To get magnets for me, :white_check_mark:

B. To open the magnet market it up for regular supply. Sounds like a :white_check_mark: to me!

I’d agree though, the Hall of Titans and, to a lesser extent, the coupons really are for the early backers.

Kind of exciting to see the Titan getting past the first giddy rush order.

5 Likes

I think those are quite fair parameters! :relieved:

Even more since you actually asked us! :smile:

2 Likes

As long as these ones don’t magically get laser etched… but seriously, no issue at all. Appreciate ya keeping the Hall Of Titans original though.

2 Likes

I dont have a horse in this Race, but my opinion for what it’s worth.

Putting myself in the shoes of the first batch backers

The coupon offered with the first batch is worth far more than $200 difference.
So the pioneers “still win”.

On top of that is the hall of Titans and early adopter privilege.

So that is
:cherries:
:icecream:

One question that comes in my mind when I read this: What about the numbing gel?! It’s not mentioned on the list. @amal

And there is another thing that makes me a little bit sad… Well, I was first thinking about writing this not public but since I’m someone who is not hiding thoughts, I give it a try here.
Also sorry if I’m getting a little bit emotional now, still confused. I lost my job yesterday, because the small store that I started to work for a little while ago must close forever at the end of the month. The lockdown was to long for them.

The other thing that hurts me a bit more than expected is this wonderful box. Some might think now, why I’m complaining about this.
But I thought that it was specially made for us, the first Titan backers. This made it so special for me. Now reading that the second batch will come also in this box, feels for me like it’s not that unique anymore. Don’t get me wrong, but all those who were first backers took all the risk, not the people who are coming now, who had a lot more time to save money for this second batch. This box was for me a little special gift since I’ve heard of Michelle who spend months to do the awesome design specially for us backers.
It leaves me a little bit heartbroken. It’s nearly the same sad feeling that I had after hearing that it will be not possible to get our custom laser etching…
I’m okay with all other points, but thinking about so much more Titans coming up in the future… It hurts me.
Sorry if I sound like a little stupid kid right now, but I think of all the first backers who don’t normally have that much money around. Some backers needed the full time of the campaign to join in. Some others had no problem getting a entire Titan collection.

Honestly… I already saved money for the upcoming second batch of Titans, but after loosing my job, everything changed. I’ve been through a lot of s#*t the past years… I might be only 18 years old, but I was as good as dead already two times in my life… The Titan is at the moment the only light in this hard times with Corona, lockdown and all that stuff… So it hurts even more, knowing that can’t get me a second Titan now… even if I would really love to have one or even two more… I not even sure if I can buy me some other things with the backer coupon anymore… everything changed.
And now after reading this with the box, I start to imagine those people who saved money since last year to buy themselves four, five, six or even more Titans…
Good for them…but the Titan might be a “once in lifetime” thing for me, maybe also for a few other people here. So I would like to have the first batch to be remembered as unique as possible.

Sorry again for being so emotional right now, also for the long post here. And sorry if all I was writing above doesn’t make any sense for you. Maybe it’s only a that I’m overreacting a little bit after this shock yesterday so it might be better I should leave the forum for some time until I’m feeling better and don’t write such stupid stuff anymore. Sorry.
Farewell for now.

10 Likes