The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

You know me. Real big fan of easy end user. Luckily, this upgrade is plug and play.

What about rejection?

The titan seems to have some sharp edges.
Haworth mentioned, that for carved silicone implants, the edges can lead to rejection, that’s why he uses molds.

Is the titan so small that it won’t be a problem?

Its likely the machining will cut a tiny, but not insignificant radius at the chamfer corners. I’d put a .002" radius there if I was doing it.

Also, and probably more importantly, it’s gonna get polished. Which should smooth the edges out.

1 Like

Ok so… edges, in general, don’t “cause rejection”. Bad installs cause rejection. An install that isn’t deep enough, or gets infected, or isn’t closed properly, or doesn’t have proper aftercare… or in the case of magnets if the encapsulation fails… those are causes of rejection, not if the thing has “sharp” edges. I use sharp in quotes because it’s not “sharp” as in cut-its-way-out-of-you sharp. A ton of “tribal knowledge” in bodymod is just opinion that’s been repeated so often it becomes law.

He uses molds because it’s far far easier for mass production and much more consistent than carving shit out of solid hunks of silicone… but it sounds nicer to put it into a “safety” context. Molds actually have a problem though which I talk a little bit about in my “boo bye bye magnets” video… the edges of the silicone end up filled with little pits and pockets from the interface between silicone and the mold release agent and mold edge… not ideal… but not overly risky either… just not ideal.

The serious benefit from smoothing things out is to reduce pain and discomfort. When an implant is caused to move under the skin for some reason (like if you bang it on something or whatever) the “sharp” edge will push into tissue with a bit more bite than a softer edge would, and you will feel a sharper pinching sensation than if you had a softer edge. The chamfer on the facet between surface and wall (side) of the Titan isn’t perfectly rounded, but it should be enough to significantly reduce the “sharp” sensation one might feel in such situations that might cause some movement.

4 Likes

Additionally, keep in mind that he creates cosmetic implants - so, things that are quite big and visible under the skin. If the edges are too “pointy”, they might put constant pressure on the skin (from the inside), which might lead to problems. Not a problem with something as tiny as a magnet, but big star-shaped implants on the hands of skinny people might be a different thing.

But yeah, silicone implants usually don’t get rejected at all, unless the installer or - more often - the customer does some serious stupid stuff :wink:

5 Likes

Looks like there are 7 super discounted magnets now if my math checks out, or way more, but I assume 7.

2 Likes

Es necesario un vaciado en la punta del dedo del mismo volumen que el implante?

true… i was thinking purely in the context of magnets… anyway a lot of tension on the skin with a “sharp” point can indeed put enough pressure on a specific point to cause necrosis due to lack of blood flow, so I guess technically it is possible with such large implants to create a z-axis point that pushes the skin to die and an ulcer to open up, which invites infection, which causes rejection of the entire implant… so yeah… it can happen.

5 Likes

Not exactly sure what you’re asking but if you want to put a small implant into the fingertip you can usually just push it in without needing to extract any tissue or make a “hole” to accommodate the implant, but if the implant is too large for a small fingertip, some tissue extraction might be necessary to allow the wound to be closed and heal properly.

2 Likes

And would you say that would apply for your fingers? And your wifes?
Will there be rough install guides like with other implants, if not officially, is the titan

?

Exactamente eso, gracias.

1 Like

#77: @Nbvcxz01 to the lead🤣
No, I had absolutely nothing to do with it if my SO asks any of you​:innocent::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::innocent:

3 Likes

Sadly I among the many that couldn’t back it for whatever reason, really loving my magneto bundle though :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow, that is so awesome! I have never won anything before. This will be sweet if it stays! Go 77!

1 Like

You understand it’s relative of course… I think my pinky finger could barely accommodate the Titan with out necessarily needing to extract any tissue… but healing is going to require a lot of patience and probably a finger splint to protect things for 2-4 weeks to ensure a really good solid installation. It’ll probably leave a bit of a bump as well, whereas the m31 did not… it’s considerably more material than the m31.

Not really… installing Titan will require the work of a professional versed, comfortable, and hopefully licensed to legally install things like this, and as such it would not be prudent for us to presume to know better than the installer just how to approach your particular unique installation. Any “guide” we could offer would simply boil down to “cut, jam, sew”… not really useful for anyone.

2 Likes

Also just a quick note on the “guess how many mags” contest… the special prize winner will be obvious to everyone once the campaign closes, but exactly what the special prize is… that will have to wait until much closer to shipping for the Titan.

special

4 Likes

Any chance we could get dimensions :joy:? I’m a little worried about my thin, long fingers…

anyone have a 3d scanner handy?

width is 15.5mm from side to side measured at center of the pad

thickness is 12.75mm measured from center of the pad to fingernail on top

length is 24.85mm from knuckle crease to tip of finger (measured from palm side)

2 Likes

Shaping up reaaal good :slight_smile:

Oh, man. What if it gets above the claimed guesses? We only got up to 81, and that seemed outlandish just last week.

I mean we should celebrate, but I kinda feel like we might end up without a satisfying conclusion.