The xMagic is here!

The UK is still in Europe (just not the EU) after Brexit. The import tax rate is set by your country regardless to where it’s coming from, so it’s the same.

We also have DHL express and economy mail so may work out cheaper/more expensive but you’ll need to check.

All of our mail is shipped from the UK currently but an EU/USA warehouse is on the horizon but still a while away yet.

3 Likes

Plus we have a lot of cool stuff :wink:

3 Likes

As an English man living in southern Europe I can assure you that the costs involved in importing from the uk have changed radically since we left the union.

“The import tax rate is set by your country regardless to where it’s coming from, so it’s the same.”

No, import duty from countries outside the EU is very different from those within (which was the point of an economic union).

3 Likes

i ordered! how long till you have them?

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how this is different from the NExT?

My usage is to open locks with the xEM v2 type board.

Both hf and LF.

Would either work?
Is this better than the NExT?

Sorry. Not wrapping my head around the differences.

The xMagic looks like an xM1+xEM whereas the NeXT is a xEM+xNT

2 Likes

As mentioned by @Lilbitz above, thats exactly what it is.

“better” is subjective, BUT either will work for your Bus project.
HOWEVER
as you will not need to change the UID of your HF side, and you will be able to enroll your implant into the reader, the NExT will be the “better” option for you.

2 Likes

Why is that?

@charly
If I am interpreting this correct, I think what @Pilgrimsmaster was saying is that the NeXT is more useful in this dudes SPECIFIC use case because the UID or serial number (number that the card screams when it’s interrogated by the reader) is static or unchangable. This is okay because they will enroll the specific chip number into the bus system or access control system and will not need to change that information.

Some people may prefer the xMagic because the UID or serial on the HF side is changeable. This is good because not everyone can simply enroll their chip into someone else’s system so they may need to be able to alter the actual UID to match, say, that of a cloned work badge or hotel key.

4 Likes

michael-scott-wink

2 Likes

Thanks for placing an order with KSEC!

We’re expecting the new xMagic implants, along with a general restock in about 1-2 weeks. You’ll be one of the first to have the xMagic shipped out.

Awesome cant wait

Thank you, I will check those out

And also thanks, that helps clarify the differences well for my tiny brain :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks.
This makes it make much more sense.

Might get one of each. Just in case :grin:

1 Like

My DT order came in this afternoon. Can’t wait to get it installed!

7 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: HID reader and xMagic questions

To be sure, I can clone the hotel key card to it like the xM1?

If the hotel key is mifare classic 1k 4b UID, then yes.

Out of stock again :frowning: Will be next bunch? or it was jsu miracle…

It shows in stock for me :confused:

@amal
I’m curious how big are the production beaches?