There's an Apex info page?!

It will be wedge shaped… 7mm wide at the bottom, 8mm wide at the top. The length is still TBD but somewhere between 28mm and 40mm is likely.

1 Like

totally didnt just shudder at the thought of a inch long implant being inserted into my wrist

That thing is going to be wild

hah yeah :slight_smile: … at first I was like “40mm is waaay too long… people will freak out” but then I remembered that implantable birth control (Norplant for example) is a 2mm by 40mm long rod and millions of women get them every 3-6 months without complaining what-so-ever… so yeah, deal with it hahaha.

3 Likes

Ha! true.

Mmm and that sweet, sweet read range and consistency will be so worth it.

4 Likes

But they also get a lidocaine injection :wink:

1 Like

Let’s not kid ourselves here, women have a better tolerance to pain than men. Every paramedic, emt and nurse I know says the same thing.

Sorry lads, but it’s true :laughing:

1 Like

No I’m not arguing that when my partner gave birth to both our kids with only gas and air confirmed this.

But the application of local anesthetic helps.

1 Like

We offer the PMK, but for people who can’t use that, we’re working on a comparable topical solution that will numb things completely (topicals almost never do this, but we are working on a thing).

3 Likes

Can these be shipped to the uk.

I’m 2 for 2 so far without any pain management hell almost no pain at all but think it’s good to keep options open.

1 Like

Not to mention thousands of people who get thick, silicon implants down entire arms and other places! :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If by “these” you mean the PMKs… they are illegal in the UK… however the receiver is the liable party for confirming the legal status and suitability of products for import, not the shipper… so we can still try to ship it. It will probably get seized or bounced though.

1 Like

what would the difference be of the glass capsule and and the flex? Does one have a longer read range?

Yeah, pretty much that. The antenna form factor in a flex chip is a good deal stronger from my understanding.

1 Like

I figured, but im squeamish and the xem was not a fun time lol. Not to sure im down with the flex procedure.

If your eyes are closed it probably wouldn’t be to much different than the xEM, its that first puncture that hurts.

1 Like

@im-done the flex procedure is about the same ad the as the x-series with some tropical anasthetics (I’ve done the X-series with and without, and the flex with) it’s nothing too bad and I’ve managed to do all of my 5 implants myself :slightly_smiling_face:

First location of my NExT

The M1flex I did today

Both feel the same with a 4% lidocaine tropical patch applied for 1,5-2H duration :slightly_smiling_face: only difference might be on how hard your installer is pushing the needle :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

How’d it go? Did the custom needle function as designed? Was the flexM1 insertion easy? How was closing? What did you use to close? Did you use a tegaderm or film bandage overtop your hemostatic method?

4 Likes

The pain was not the issues surprisingly with the x series in the recommend spot with no anesthetic. It was the idea of the needle. I hate needles, getting a iv has messed me up before. It is good to know that the flex series is not much worse than the x series.

3 Likes

I can relate, I printed out a picture of the needle for the flex implant (just the needle, not the one in this thread where it’s already inserted) because I had a very negative mental reaction to seeing that needle and the size of it. I kept looking at it once about every 15 minutes for the last several hours trying to desensitize myself. I think it’s working, next one will be the inserted needle.

4 Likes