TITAN (Contains spoilers!)⚠

Worth it in my opinion, Thanks

Totally agree!! :grin:
The whole invention of “super glue” is tightly intertwined with medical research anyway!

This is great!!
The way our brains adapt to the new sense is fantastic!

It is hard not to run all sorts of tests and hang stuff on it all the time!! :confounded:

But all for a good cause when it heals perfectly fine!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

New to this forum! Implanted the titan 2 days ago in my ringfinger. Seems to be healing fine, no pain at all except when i accidently banged my finger in a metalchair. ! Sewed it shut with 2 stiches. Got in done by a friend that is a doctor

7 Likes

Thought I could drop a three week update.
All is closed, all is healed, the titan moves like crazy inside my finger when I play with magnets. Happy days.

9 Likes

Just scheduled my appointment for install next Saturday! Thank you all for sharing your install and progress pics with the fantastic updates. I am so excited.

4 Likes

So the Titans are awesome, but each order should have come with at least one sticker

Just sayin

@Eyeux not to be an ass but wouldn’t a xG3 v1 have worked for your placement/intended use just as well? :sweat_smile:

Not actually.

Not even because the Titan would be stronger/etc…
Mostly because I do expect to get hit on my wrist strongly at some point.

A titanium encased magnet would cause me some minor harm on the worst case scenario.

A glass encased magnet would have the potential to cause much more harm.

Also, any cylyndrical shape will have a tendency to migrate along it’s length (not assured, but is a big chance). This is less of an issue with an xLED since it sits still enough for the pocket to hold it still. but a magnet’s vibration would increase it’s chance of migration.

the Titan’s length as I placed it is “towards the skin”, thus reducing chance of migration.

Then there is another very minor factor:
The way our brains are “trained” our whole life makes it so that the outside of our arms are more sensitive to sharp localised feelings (these most often mean “harm”, so the brain has a tendency to not filter them) while dispersed wider sensations tend to be numbed down by our brains treating it as “perception noise”. The xG3 causes a more dispersed sensation than the Titan, therefore should require a bit more “rewiring” of the brain to pay more attention to it…

Given that I expect a lot less feeling at the wrist region than at a fingertip, then every tiny help counts! >.o

Also, my use case includes sensing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

stiches gone!

5 Likes

Ok I don’t know if this has been addressed, but because the titan is not going to break does that mean its safe to be installed on a gripping surface. I wanted to go with the pad of my ring finger.

I would say safeR than a glassie. For sure.
Not 100% safe, though.

There are more issues with installing in a gripping surface than just breaking the magnet.

• You can still pinch the tissue between the titan and the bone.

• You can still rip the inner pocket by pushing the titan during a grip.

• You can still cause it’s “edges” to cause minor harm around it (internal) while gripping, which happening repeatedly enough might accelerate internal scarring, which can reduce your sensing.

But all of these issues are very dependant on your lifestyle.
If you are very active, carries weights all the time, works stocking stuff… then maybe you would want to avoid gripping areas.

If you’re more of a relaxed person who does most thing mentally… then it might be no issue at all.

1 Like

Hey @Eyeux what do you think of placing laterally on the proximal phalanx (middle/ring/pinky, between the fingers so it is protected from impacts), a bit closer to the lower edge? Would any of the above mentioned problems apply? You seem to have quite a bit of experience with bodymod

Where I have been thinking also.

That sounds like a prime placement to me.

But again, the way we use our hands is so varied, and so are our activities, that it’s really hard to give any “solid concrete global answer” :sweat_smile:

In that placement you said, I think most of the “gripping” issues no longer apply and I can only see a couple of issues:

• If you practice something like rock climbing, where your fingers commonly get “sideways crushed”, then it might still get in the way.

• if you have too skinny/bony fingers, the magnet might be “bumping out”, and that might cause it to have constant friction against the other finger…

Although I believe both of those are things you can figure out if they apply to you with a good degree of confidence way before implanting. :wink:

Not sure what’s the sensing loss in comparison to fingertips, though.

Overall that sounds like a great option and I think you addressed most of the issues there! sure would like to hear about someone implanting it there! :grin:

1 Like

Hopefully we’ll know soon - I’m getting my Titan implanted tomorrow in this exact spot (outside of ring finger, proximal phalanx). Seems like the nerves are still pretty sensitive down in the proximal area, so I’m hoping there’s not too much of a loss of sensation down there.

Rock climbing and guitar playing are the exact reasons I decided to try this spot out. Even though the sideways crush is still an issue, I’ll run into it a lot less there then in a pad (plus I hardly ever crack climb, which is the main area you use that technique)

2 Likes

Final update on my finger pad titan install.

11 Likes

Looks great and calm and perfectly settled! And the bump is a lot smaller than what I expected / feared! :wink:

I’m beginning to worry my titan might not fit in the side of a finger again…
Can please more ppl install it in the finger? Thx.
Idk if removing some tissue might be a smart idea. Have to talk with my installer, but I know @Eyeux would probably agree.

I’m getting mine in on Friday. I’m also getting my huge parylene coated one removed because it went bad, so I’ll make a thread with pics of both.

9 Likes

Neat!!

Healing seems to have gone perfectly!!

• 1!!

Yeah… I removed the titan from the side of my finger instead of removing the tissue… :yum:

But depending on your finger constitution, you might make it work without having to cut anything out! :wink:

Also, think that “removing tissue” from fingers = “removing fat”, which has very unreliable results if you suddenly gain/lose much weight. (the body might stop throwing fat there, or might attempt to compensate. you never know)

:woman_shrugging: