TITAN (Contains spoilers!)⚠

uhuu!!

Looking forward! :grin:

oh, yes!! those are the best!!

Especially because you aren’t expecting, it gets so much better!! :star_struck:

I’m so confused. What exactly is a bio magnet used for?

1 Like

This magnet is made for sensing other magnrts, ferrous metal and electromagnetic fields. This video should explain it https://youtu.be/3aVwvJn7vpo

Talking of which…

I’ve just done my first microwave test now…
Quite insane how my brain keeps translating those feelings!

I was expecting some low tugging or similar feeling. localised at the magnet.

Instead, I felt something between a light static shock and a very light tingling… going all over from the elbow to my palm, running through the magnet and the back of the fingers as well.

It was more intense on the inside of ring and pinkie fingers. Which makes sense, since I placed the Titan closer to the ulnar nerve (which reaches those 2 fingers).

And really nitid! get closer, feel, go away, don’t…

(for the ones jumping in now, My titan is on the back of the wrist, not on the fingers)

3 Likes

Would looove to hear about it

Ask and ye shall receive

1 Like

I can feel magnetic fields from the stove and the microwave now!

2 Likes

Question for yous guys… did anyone get a printed card with a silver retaining DT sticker that was loose or not properly stuck to the card?

1 Like

All fine with mine, was properly sealed :+1:

1 Like

Mine was solid

1 Like

I did that because I wanted to preserve it. It was properly stuck down :heart: - I’m just a weirdo :see_no_evil:

(for anyone wondering, that was my picture)

2 Likes

mine was properly stuck

1 Like

You can see it came properly stuck down in the image two above it. Here’s another one (from that time, just not posted):

Hope I didn’t cause to much concern :joy:

3 Likes

Mine was fine

1 Like

Pretty sure my second one was that way. But I just sealed it down to keep it pristine. Couldn’t be 100%sure. It is sealed though now.

Edit, in thinking about it, pretty sure my second one was folded over, just not pushed down all the way if that makes sense.

1 Like

Completely off the current topic but still on titans,

does anyone with a titan, or other sensing magnet for that matter, have access to superconductors?

I ask because I was watching a nilered video where he made superconductors and used them to levitate magnets. I wonder what that would feel like to have that effect occur to an implanted magnet?

NileRed Superconductor vid

Making superconductors - YouTube

4 Likes

I wish I could answer yes…
sounds like a neat experiment.

I have a feeling I know the answer to that one: nothing. Your finger will soon be frozen numb by the liquid nitrogen if you’re close enough to feel the repulsion :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know that you can dip your finger into the liquid nitrogen without much consequence if you are quick, right? I’m sure you could hold the finger over the superconductor for a second or two, and still feel it. If I had to guess, you would probably feel strong magnetic repulsion, since the superconductor is diamagnetic - but there is also flux pinning, which holds the magnet in place (so its attractive). I am sure it would be an interesting feeling. I unfortunately don’t have the tube furnace, else I could synthesize some YBCO and test it out :stuck_out_tongue: Man Nilered sure has the coolest toys…

You’re my kind of weirdo I did the same

2 Likes