Titan crowdfunding campaign is announced

PLUS 50% off most other things in the store for a whole year!!!

Anyway your post was funny, like a conversation in your head, convincing yourself to buy a Titan.

It was like watching a real time conversation with you talking to yourself

2 Likes

Do what Im gonna do. Buy two and get 50 + 50 = 100% off!

3 Likes

OR

Buy 3 and get 50% + 50% + 50% = 150% off!
Therefore Amal will pay you $250 AND you will have 3 Magnets

OR

Buy 4 and get magnets and $500 from Amal

3 Likes

So, I’m I getting this right?
Is this implant actually titanium against flesh?
No coating?
Because, that is cool, for me at least.

Yes!

1 Like
20 Likes

Oh, that’s probably cause I’m still trying to justify it to myself ^.^

1 Like

I’ll be honest. For a variety of reasons, I was going back and forth on if I would put my name down for getting one of these - as much as I’ve wanted a sensing magnet since becoming interested in the scene. As the discussion went on, I started leaning towards buying one just to support and expand the cause, though I wasn’t sure if I would actually get it installed.

Now that more info is out about it, I can properly say I’m extremely hyped and will be all in first day. Really happy this is coming together - hopefully it all works out.

6 Likes

tenor (28)

I am for sure purchasing one. I am leaning towards two. I think that having one hand without, would drive me nuts.

3 Likes

I want four. Ideally to go into the first and third finger of both hands. (not counting thumbs)

But…
Really can’t afford that. Maybe if we have another round, but I ain’t holding my breath on that one. It’s probably gonna be a one and done deal.

So, I’ll get two. I’m thinking of putting them in, in the outer side side of the fingetip pad on the second finger. This one. :fu:

1 Like

What I am leaning towards

@ODaily and I are talking about different fingers. I am going to use the commonly called Ring Finger

I mispoke, and you got me quoted before I could edit. :rofl:

For reference, cause we’re gonna talk about it and people always jumble them up, well I do anyways.

thumb
(first finger)… index
(second finger) … middle
(third finger) … ring
(fourth finger) … pinky

1 Like

You’re not thinking like a crook.

Snap up as many as you can early, let Amal make the limited run, then scalp them out at a huge markup when they’ve all run out and other people who’ve heard of this unique campaign too late and missed the opportunity start clamoring for more.

Plus you get the 50% discounts, which you can use to buy a ton of stuff on the cheap from the DT store and resell at face value.

Not that I’m advocating any of this of course - not to mention, you’d be detested by quite a large number of people if you did this :slight_smile: But factually, that’s what’s happening in other venues that offer highly sought after items in limited numbers.

1 Like

As long as people aren’t asses about it, I don’t really mind. It increases the # of available magnets. But the guy who buys a bunch and wants 6x the purchase price and a piece of your soul? Yeah, detested.

What’s funny is when they do that, and there’s enough demand for a 2nd run.

Still, I’d have to go to the bank and get loan to buy more than two. I’m stretching as is. Still, gonna do everything on my end possible to see this happen. I’ve wanted magnets for years before I joined here, and if I’d never heard of them, would know nothing of this community.

2 Likes

Yep: if Amal orders a second run immediately after the first one and leaves no gap, the hypothetical scalper gets burnt :slight_smile:

That 50% coupon code is very tempting… i wonder if the Apex will be out in a year. If it will, that would make this so much more tempting.

3 Likes

Apex will always be out next year. :wink:

It might not matter though. If you read the discount part again…

You will be given a 50% discount coupon code good for one year that can be applied to nearly all products in the DT store!

Note the phrase, “nearly all”. As generous as this offer is, there are probably some low margin items that may not qualify. Otherwise Amal might end up selling below cost.

With or without, if you are ever going to want a magnet, don’t skip. This might literally never happen again, and boy won’t you be kicking yourself.

2 Likes

Maybe i should crowd fund me a crowd funded magnet :thinking:

9 Likes

yep exactly… basically a lot of accessories are your typical crap margin stuff… implants and certain other things have better margins… flex devices have crap margins if you count labor time… which I do… and I’m expensive :slight_smile: … but still, we will sort out margins and discounts for all the good stuff.

2 Likes

No kidding… I just did the math and I’m carrying $693.50 worth of Amal in me (+ $228.99 worth of Amal that isn’t in me yet). And I’m not even close to being in the top-tier spenders.

Hmm, come to think of it, now that I’m re-reading the above sentence, I feel slightly dirty…

6 Likes