Tools šŸ›  to promote or demo biohacking

We all try to show off, or help explain how and why biohackers hack bio
Sometimes in a one on one, sometimes at a con or anywhere in between

(Assuming @amal and the ai @Pilgrimsmaster approve of the concept)

I figured a thread were we can share/show off whatever tools, physical props or demonstrations, outside media, digital assets, even social engineering tactics

Keep chatter to a minimum, keep it succinct, and try to simply share things that work (or things that definitely donā€™t work) or potential resources

5 Likes

I know I suggested to be succinct, but I am packing everything including the kitchen sink this weekend, so forgive me I have a lot to mention :sweat_smile:

I will plan to edit this post many times, and will be adding picture and other content as it becomes available in the packaging process
(I would break this into multiple posts but forum would limit me)

Iā€™ll be going to CircleCityCon this weekend with @init6

Im planning on being the guy talking to interested but donā€™t know where to go or start beginners
(Im no expert, but I think I have a solid enough grasp on the beginner FAQs)

Maybe Iā€™m significantly overthinking and planning, feel free to tell me to chill if you think Iā€™m extraā€¦ but events and whatnotā€¦ I always like to over pack and plan than under and look stupid

Iā€™ve managed to get my hands on a good amount of either failed / broken / unsafe to implant tags

Maybe itā€™s just my experience or my quirkā€¦but, most people I talk to love being able to hold and look at a thing, rather than it being a picture or some ethereal thing that goes into their body they never actually see

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve got so far, (I always want more

Iā€™m taking as many types and form factors of tags as I have to help show the difference in what can and canā€™t be cloned, read range difference between a ISO card, a FOB, a sticker, and a glass tag

Iā€™m also taking a injector assembly, it was used to install something into me, I kept it, cleaned it and soaked it in alcohol for a month or 2, and I recently went back through with a file and removed all the edge and point of it, and have a stand in chinessium tag loaded into it, so that it can be physically demonstratedā€¦ but is safe

I also have a flex needle, but it will stay inside itā€™s travel tube, but as a explanation of how narrow flexā€™s are more easily installed

I already have a collection of most of the videos I think the public would like from the ā€œshow off using your implant threadā€
Planning to take an old lcd tv I have lying around and use it to loop play the videosā€¦

Fwiw I have decided to skip the install videos at least on a public display, I donā€™t think random gore is helpful or considerate for random passerbyā€™s
I might collect a few for people that want to see the gore on a smaller laptop display

Iā€™ll probably post a link to either a single video file or raw mp4s depending what configuration my tv will accept right here ā€”->

Iā€™m planning to take along my recent pistol safe XACv2 project,

I plan to use this a couple different waysā€¦
First itā€™s something basic I can open and close,
Second, I can use it to demonstrate read range limitations of various chips
Third, I can clone AND enroll and unenroll tags from the XAC to help give a more ā€œphysicalā€ teachable example of cloning, vs enrolling
Fourth, I have enough form factorsā€¦ I can easily clone or enroll a rfid ring to let a non cyborg experience the fun of opening the safe
Fifth, I can even just scotch tape a glass tag to someoneā€™s hand, and let them see what various presentation motions feel like for both the safe and the various readers Iā€™ll be bringing

I will also have an extra XACV2, and a breadboard to show how more or less simple it is to set one up allowing people to retrofit thingsā€¦
(I am lacking some leds for this currently)

Planning you take a pretty barebones thin and light laptop, that is set up to run a proxmark
I will set it up to login with both my kbr1 reader and my wave id nano

Iā€™m also going to try to make a printer friendly version of some of the most useful DT wikis, and make a physical binder,

ORā€¦ I have enough ntag stickersā€¦ I could just program various stickers to direct to each wiki and let people use their phonesā€¦ 50/50 here

Iā€™m planning to take multiple rfid tools to (as much as I can) help determine what type of credential someone is using and if it can be cloned or if they need to go the enroll routeā€¦
I will likely even offer to clone on the spot if itā€™s a simple enough credential
(Iā€™m still learning mifare)
I will have a flipper zero, cellphone, and a proxmark 3 easy with a lf coil mod by @XEMON that works great

I am going to rewrite my Xsiid from my personal contact card (popl), to this dummy account I created a while back
ā€¦ā€¦https://poplme.co/popldemo-1/shareā€¦ā€¦
Unfortunately Iā€™ve since lost the password to the burner email account and the popl account itselfā€¦ but it works as a good example

7 Likes

The most powerful visual aid I know of is a little door with a bunch of access systems mounted on it. These should be off-the-shelf commercial systems, not home-made adaptations. Most people new to the field like to see practical examples that they can imagine themselves walking into a store and buying. No matter how technologically advanced it is, if they can see exposed wires or computer code they will not be impressed.
For the same reason I would not have a Proxmark anywhere in sight; just have one handy if someone turns up who is already into coding.

Also, I think the order is important: first they must be enticed by what they will be able to do. As silly as it may seem, if you Rick roll people on their own phones a good number will hang around to see what else they can do. If they see a big syringe among your toys, not so much. Blinkies and videos of people starting their Teslas should come way before needles, piercing studios and an explanation of ā€œthe advantages of the Iceman forkā€.