UV tattoos and borging up

It’s a fine powder, so, definitely not healthy. For rats, the LD50 is >2000 mg / kg when taken orally versus 5,09 mg when inhaled. I am strongly against animal testing, but it was obviously done…

I think it’s similar to all very finely powdered things - they all cause irritation and, worst case, lung cancer when inhaled to much or too often. And that even applies to stuff like flour, so, the substance itself can be very safe, but inhaling it will still cause problems.

I handled the powder once when putting it from the boxes it came in into the glasses I used for “sterilizing” it, and there was a little bit of pigment-stuff in the air. Other than that, it was easy enough to handle it without too much stuff flying around, so I guess it’s okay. If I would work with it every day, I’d consider wearing a mask though :wink:

Okay, now that’s a cool idea on the other hand… :smile:

edit: okay, made some pictures - I expect it to fade a bit more, I’m not sure if all the pigments are settled or if it will “bleed out” a bit, but… well, I glow. :slight_smile:
And yes, I suck at tattooing :smile:
But hey, it’s the first line I ever tattooed onto anything, so I guess it’s okay-ish… and I’ll rework it a bit more, obviously.

13 Likes