UV tattoos and borging up

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is legal to buy / send Bloodline UV tattoo ink to Belgium?
I can still order these via Amazon, but that’s why I’m not sure yet whether it can enter Belgium :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you a tattoo artist? Or looking for ink to bring to one you know? Have you asked tattoo artists around you if they use UV ink and if yes which one?

Because of thr New REACH EU law lots oft inks got banned.

I got several orders canceled Form US Semler because they said they dont ship theese colors (moms UV ink) to EU anymore

But I was able to locate sellers inside of EU which still provide the colors

If you pm me I can tell you the shops name.

2 Likes

nice tattoos

1 Like

Yeah they are, but they are actually @LordSethos2000 Tattoos, I just uploaded the photos for him

2 Likes

He’s also has this one incorporated with an implant that looks awesome

1 Like

can i get the ink in legal way

Amazon sells it.

Can i derail this topic for a sec? no? okay.

I have done some test spot tattoos ive done with strontium alluminate.

I disinfected and washed the particles and then mixed them with invisible UV tattoo ink.

@Spyfoxls has some way more impressive ones.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:
This is pretty much what I’m thinking about - afaik, SuperLuminova is based on strontium aluminate.
Looks pretty shiny under your skin, this is just great! Did you charge it with an UV flashlight before taking the picture, or is it actually that strong?

Aaaaand, since you’re already playing the guinea pig (thanks for that :smile:) - how long have you got it, and did you have any problems? Like, inflammation, unusual itching, anything that immediately indicates that this stuff shouldn’t be in your body?

1 Like

Heya,

i charged it with my phone flashlight. the image was done just a few days after i poked it.

I poked them on first of november i think.

and yes, my body did not like it alot ^^ but im also really bad at tattooing. poked so hard that the individual needles bent.

it itched a bit and was kinda swollen

i need to shoot a image how it looks today.

3 Likes

Haha, so okaaaay, poking needles through skin like that might be irritating :smile:
But if that’s just some kind of first reaction and not like hellish inflammation, festering and your body actively trying to remove the pigments again, I might risk it :wink:

So they’re about 1.5 months old now… any decrease in intensity by now? From what I read, at least some strontium aluminate based pigments might lose a bit of their glow when in touch with water, that’s why I was thinking about mixing them with something like shellac first before dispersing them with water or ink…

1 Like

This image is from today.
yeah it fades alot in the first week but then stopped an d stayd the same brightness.

also i did not treat the particles at all. was reading that they behave like ceramic particles and dont really react with water. at some point someone sent me an article that told the opposite and that it decomposes in water.

here are the scars.

oh and @Pilgrimsmaster

i think the time has come to move our conversation to another place :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

True - we used our special cyborg skill again :wink:

Thanks a lot! It still looks really good, and the scars are not that bad (compared to first day, especially).
I’m really curious if I can avoid the initial fading somehow… I know someone who has close contact to one of those insanely expensive swiss watchmakers who actually work with those pigments, so I hope I can gather some more information about it (and maybe even get the pigments that way).
But seeing your results, I’m pretty optimistic and totally willing to try it out - by being a tiny bit more reckless than me, you really helped me a lot :slight_smile:
Thank you :slight_smile:
:unicorn_love:

3 Likes

Depends on which watch obviously, but I was under the impression the really nice and expensive one we’re using Tritium

1 Like

Haha, yeah, I didn’t even think about the relpy side of that thread…

Done, and @LordSethos2000 I hope you dont mind this here in your thread, let me know if you want me to relocate it

It just simply what we do, implants and derail threads.

In thought the same, BUT haven’t done any research, so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve seen some rolex submariner 1680 original spare parts on eBay, both the hands and the watch face had the tritium inserts

1 Like

The more traditional (aka boring :stuck_out_tongue: ) ones might still do :woman_shrugging:
The ones I was talking about are https://www.urwerk.com/ and I think they use SuperLuminova - not totally sure, but I know a lot of those high-price swiss watchmakers use it.

Yeaaah… thanks for giving us a new home here in this thread :wink:

3 Likes

A few watches have small tritium filled glass vials on the hands and dial but most high end ones use Superluminova.

IIRC, the tritium stuff was mostly used for military watches. But from what I’ve heard, G Shocks are the most common in that particular field nowadays.

Maybe I should get myself both a tritium watch and a G Shock, however I don’t have any desire to enlist…

And I’m now contemplating the idea of Superluminova tattoos. Although I’d rather convince Amal to upload me to a Boston Dynamics Atlas. Shouldn’t be too different from what he did for @Pilgrimsmaster

4 Likes

I think the initial loss in brightness might be due to the particles that didn’t get into the right depth and got shedded with skin again.

Also not sure if i mentioned yet but it also seems to work to rub the sterilised pigment into a fresh scarification. And leave the scab until healed. This uses quite alot of pigment though and quite a bit is shedded with the scab. Just thought of this since those were actually my very first tries. Depending of the depth and width there might be inconcistencies in glow power afterwards though depending on how it healed.

2 Likes