VivoKey Apex Manager smartphone app for Android beta

@hoker Here’s the logcat from my failed scan. In case it helps:

I hadn’t used the Apex app in a bit and tried to use it today with the same can’t couple error. Tried restarting the app, force closing it, clearing data and cache, nothing seemed to help. Thank God the authenticator app still works or I’d be screwed.

Do you happen to have the Tesla keycard app installed on chip?

Yeah I do

We found a similar issue with that applet code. It’s been fixed now. If you remove and install again it should fix the issue. You’ll need to re-reg your keys of course.

Same issue as @Ben_bionic here. Reinstalling the NAK app doesn’t make any difference. Ideas?

Do you have a USB PC/SC reader? If yes, please run fdsm --card-apps (from GitHub - fidesmo/fdsm: Tiny Fidesmo command line client in Java) and report the output.

Removing and re-adding the NAK did work on mine.

Also you have the latest apex manager app?

As far as I can tell latest everything but I’ll try scan with a SC reader as requested above and return the results.

1 Like
'.\fdsm.exe' --card-apps
Using card in ACS ACR1252 1S CL Reader PICC 0
#  appId - name and vendor
cc68e88c - FIDO Security (by VivoKey Technologies)
           Services: install_fido2, install_u2f, destroy
61b4b03d - NFC Share (by VivoKey Technologies)
           Services: destroy, ndef1k, ndef2k, ndef4k, ndef8k, ndef16k, ndef32k
2f2e363b - HMAC-SHA1 Generator (by VivoKey Technologies)
           Services: install, destroy
e819c674 - Tesla Keycard (by VivoKey Technologies)
           Services: install, destroy
61fc54d5 - OTP Authenticator (by VivoKey Technologies)
           Services: destroy, install

Ok now try

fdsm -run e819c674/destroy

That will remove the keycard applet. Then run card apps again to confirm. Then try

fdsm -run e819c674/install

That will deploy it again

Thanks for checking, does that list match the installed app list displayed in the Fidesmo app for your chip?

Yes.

@amal I did remove it with the Fidesmo app and re-add it, does this do something differently?

no but it does it more reliably :slight_smile:

Just so I am sure what problem we’re trying to solve here… what’s going on exactly?

OK I did that, and verified key was not recognised by the car as expected.

Problem is I’m getting an ‘improper coupling’ error in the Apex Manager app. Reads fine in other apps on the same handset so I don’t think it’s a device issue or at least not a read quality/hardware issue.

I’m using a POCO X3 NFC (PN: M2007J20CG), running Android 12 MIUI.

Hmmmm… ok this is a different problem than I thought… the car is not recognizing it?

What are the symptoms?

Can you get any read from the console reader?

As for Apex Manager… do you have codes stored in your OTP applet?

Also after scanning can you tap the gear icon and export the logcat and confirm the version number?

Once exported the logcat should be in your downloads folder on the phone. You can DM that to @hoker

Sorry,

Poor choice of words on my part. I was using the fact the car didn’t read it to demonstrate the app and keys had been destroyed and readded correctly.

I will try get the log file off the device and here for you to see but confirming I’m on the same version.

No codes are stored as I’ve never been able to use an app that reads/writes them. Are there others that should work?

if possible i would start by removing all apps first, then install free memory only and scan with apex manager.

I would prefer not to remove the FIDO/HMAC-SHA1 applets as I’m using them for 2FA on many services but will see what I can remove and re-add and come back to you.

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile: