VivoKey Apex update

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Apex Flex Release for Vivokey Beta Testers?

Maybe another silly question, but have the emails for the flex one backers gone out?
Haven‘t received one yet. :slight_smile:

It was mentioned elsewhere, you gotta DM amal with your order ID if you didn’t get the mail.

2 Likes

yes they did… twice now :slight_smile: DM me with deets

Someone’s going to pop in and ask about flex one betas when apex2 drops :rofl:

4 Likes

Well I‘m just busy with lots of projects and remembered that I should receive an Email. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not a you thing, it’s a running joke at this point

2 Likes

Hey Amal,

I went to the installer listed under Salt Lake City and I have a feeling that this might be the same guy that @Ben_bionic went to since I saw somewhere else that he had his done in the same state.

How he flattens the needle I am not sure because I didn’t realize that is what he was doing and I was took excited to point this out. He doesn’t flatten it into a “blade” but more of an oval shape so that it goes in easier. I have done 2 self-installs despite the fact that I hate needles and didn’t want to watch this one go in. It honestly felt about the same as the 3mm needle. It went in so easy I was shocked.

He took video of the needle and I think of my install as well (with my permission). I think he will send 1 if not both to you. You have my permission to ask him for the install video if he doesn’t automatically send it.

As a side note, he said he shoved one of these in someone’s finger to install a magnet. That guy deserves a medal.

1 Like

Agree that the flat needle was a very smooth process it didn’t feel like it had any real resistance. I wish I had taken video, but I only have the pictures posted.

I usually do not film these sort of things and they only reason I told them they could record the install was because he said he took a video of the needle flattening to send in to Amal.

He was also confused as to why the Vivokey has a separate website from Dangerous Things despite the fact that he has been installing these things for years it seems which I found amusing. Even offered to order in the kit for me which was interesting.

You do want to make sure you record flex installs going forward, it is part of the warranty for flexes with the rise in people using metal tools and possibly causing some failures

1 Like

Understood. Missed that post. Good thing it works or that would have been a problem although they did film it themselves.

I wonder if the tool being metal has something to do with sterilization.
If that is true I wonder if there is another tool that would be sufficient for them to use without risk of damaging the product. Just because unless the skin is lifted I feel like there will be issues with that last part of the install since most likely you are now dealing with blood and maybe they can’t find enough purchase on the implant to finish pushing it in by hand.

Nevermind, found the answer to that comment :sweat_smile:

I’m definitely interested… nothing yet. Please ask for them!

1 Like

I will reach out to the installer and ask him send it to you.

1 Like