Vivokey Spark 2 Released

Vivokey Spark 2 Released

5 Likes

What kinda upgrades are we looking at for the Spark 2?
Features, manufacturing, coil design?

1 Like

One of the first things I notice is that it’s ISO 14443A not ISO 15693 like the original Spark. If you remember, lots of people were having trouble getting reads with the original because the Android NFC API didn’t play nice with “vicinity cards”

5 Likes

we released the Spark 2 this week. It’s a drop in replacement for the Spark 1. The difference is that it’s ISO14443A instead of ISO15693. This we’ll help with a super annoying bug introduced by Google into Android that causes shit scanning on some phones of any and all ISO15693 tags… even huge credit card sized tags have spotty scanning issues. The Spark 2 also has another feature that will allow for a “scan once” option, allowing you to share something via scan but that it only works once… no reloading or forwarding. Finally the Spark 2 also includes a mechanism that will allow us to eventually let user content overwrite the VivoKey unique URL on the chip.

5 Likes

I’ve got one of the original vivokey sparks that I haven’t had a chance to get installed yet and I know we have a strict no return policy (for good reason too). If you were in my shoes would you buy the spark 2 and implant it instead? I recall reading that we could now link multiple chips to the same person so maybe I could pop the original out of the injector and lock it away as a backup in case someone cuts off my hand…

1 Like

I asked a similar question…

I am PLANNING on getting the Flex One as soon as it is released.
Is there any ACTUAL reason to have more than one Vivokey, especially when one of them is a Flex One :question:
[/quote]

AMALS ANSWER

The first reason to have more than one VivoKey would be to maximize your compatibility… for example, I will probably get both the Spark 1 and Spark 2 implanted because I want an ISO15693 chip for using my Quicklock padlock and Gunbox storage case, so why not make it a Spark to boost utility.

We will soon be updating the platform to allow you to have more than one VivoKey chip associated with your profile. A very good reason for having two (or more) VivoKey devices associated with your profile is to make a kind of “back up” access method. You will be able to access your profile and perform authentications using any of your chips, so let’s say you smash your Spark 1 or it stops working for some reason, you are not locked out of your profile and all your apps and services. This will become much more important as we release new services on the platform like the VivoKey Vault… so it’s a good idea to have backups. I will.

Ummm, why would you take it out of the sterile syringe??? :man_shrugging:

If it was my decision, I would put the OG Spark in a less preferable place, leaving the prime spots for implants you will use more often.

I would also read this, where again somebody asked another similar question.

The decision is yours, but,
Hope that helps

4 Likes

Before getting a Spark 2, see this announcement regarding a new Vivokey line being released later this year. If I were you, I’d probably install the Spark 1 today and pick up an Apex for the new features once it comes out.

Note that unless you have a phone affected by the ISO15683 bug, the differences between the Spark 1 and 2 are minimal.

6 Likes

I’m definitely keeping my Spark 1 installed because it’s the only ISO15693 implant I have out of 6… and I use it with stand alone stuff like the GunBox and QuickLock padlock devices which only work with ISO15693 chips.

3 Likes

Cuál es el precio del Spark 2 en USD?

1 Like

El Spark 2 es $110USD, pero puedes pagar $10USD más y recibir un NExT también.

2 Likes