Walletmor - some questions

Whose cellphone did you think I stole the screenshot from? :slight_smile:

Someone I know, I guess, but who? :thinking:

Confusing. Because as of the website it has a runtime of 9 years.

Excellent app, thanks for the recommendation

Hey guys,
I’m maybe in the wrong section of this forum, but I’ll ask anyway. Does anyone know someone who is installing the Walletmor in Alabama(Birmingham area) or Georgia(Atlanta area)? I would love to get one but I don’t know who can install it correctly. I’ve got the NExT and the VivoKey which I’ve implanted myself, but this Walletmor is a different animal. I know I could use the 5mm needle, but I also know I could do some serious damage to my hand.
Please anyone can help me out here.

I can try, @NoUsersLefft lives “close” in West Tenesse so he may have some “local” knowledge.

We haven’t seen @ikea for a while, but as you can see from his quote, he may have a suggestion for you.

1 Like

Hey,
thanks for the quick answer. You guys are right I tried it once in Orlando and even found a place where the guy was willing to install a normal “glass” implant. Unfortunately, my plans have changed and I never had a chance to actually meet him. I’ll try to get a hold of @NoUsersLefft or @ikea.
This kind of stuff like implants or any kind of upgrading your body with technology is way too advanced for the folks here in Alabama. About 80% of them are deeply convinced that this is something the devil put in this world because it’s not in their Bible. I tried multiple plastic surgeons and all of them wouldn’t do it because it’s “unnatural” one even offered to include me in his prayers and promised to help me if I just would come to his church.
These sorry bastards probably still burning people somewhere in the woods.

2 Likes

@Fade0 any update about your walletmor lifetime?

mine went the traditional route but then again everyones hand is different

There was some info posted on the ambassadors facebook group about what happend with the whole purewrist implants. im going to presume its a US version.

“Hello US customers,
First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have faced due to the shortened time when the implant will be valid. We were unaware of this and reached Purewrist as soon as we found out, as this compromises your customer experience. Purewrist claimed, and still claims, that their payment instruments will expire 36 months from the date of issuance. The gold standard in the digital wallet industry is that the issuance date is relatively close to the sales/shipping date. Those dates should not be separated by more than 3 months. In Purewrist’s case, the issuance occurred 20 months before the sale. Therefore, Walletmor and all the Walletmor’s US customers got clearly fooled.
Over the last few days, we had challenging discussions with Purewrist representatives, who confirmed the company’s mistake. They answered us by saying they manufactured too much of the wearables in 2020, and they are trying to go through their old inventory to minimize their losses. Purewrist is enforcing this procedure until they get rid of this inventory. Therefore, if you purchased any device from Purewrist today, you would receive it with the same expiration date as we did a few weeks ago.
In Walletmor, we always put customer satisfaction as the top priority, and we want everyone to be able to use and enjoy their implant. We understand this is disappointing and apologize for this inconvenience. Consequently, we decided to take this responsibility and act in the best interest of our customers. In July 2023, when Purewrist produces a batch with the new 36-month expiration date, we will provide you with the new implants, with the extended expiration date, for free. The new batch is expected to expire in July 2026, so therefore, you will enjoy an implant one year longer than expected, at the same price.
In case of any questions, we remain at your disposal.”

2 Likes

This is good news. I was very angry when I received my implant and it had less than half the advertised lifespan.

Kinda what I assumed about a year ago, when my replacement had the same expiration date as the original

But I only lost 3-4 months from it as a result

Just two questions.
The advertising from walletmor ist 9 years for the implement if I remember correctly. What is the exact time till the implant expire?
Does the implant works in Germany? Any experience from the community?

Just get a vimpay converted, has better read range too.

1 Like

Yes, it works in germany.

Mine is one on the new batches and it expires 05/29 but it will be later if you order it later. here in the netherlands mastercard isnt accepted everywhere so its a bit flakey. But for the rest no issues.

Ok that are 7y. That’s great. Wasn‘t there a 9y option?

Hi folks,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions, please let me know if it isn’t.
I’m not from the body modification(cyborg?) community but rather from the tech community so some of these questions might seem stupid and noobish but any help is appreciated.

My walletmor implant just got shipped and I couldn’t be more excited! What-a-time-to-be-alive!

Implant placement:
I read that knifes edge is not recommended anymore. But is there a location that is recommended? Or does any place on the hand work? I’d definitely prefer anywhere on the hand over arm.

Installation:
There’s a list of recommended partners on the walletmor website to do the implant in the EU, unfortunately I am not in the EU right now, so i can’t go to any of these.
I did find a partner for installations on dangerousthings.com that is relatively close to where i am, it still requires me to fly though.
Can I just go to any body piercer in my city (given I check with them first) or should i go to the one listed on DT? Or is the installation by one of the partners listed on walletmor.com strictly recommend?

After installation:
As flying might be required, is there any issue with flying right after the installation?
I also go scuba diving and wakeboarding regularly, is there anything i should be aware of with regards to this, e.g. not go diving for some time after installation?

As mentioned, any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome

These may help

How to approach a professional DT Info

Here is a VERY informative FAQ about x-Series implants, some of which is covered below. But it is recommend you read these FAQs.
There are piercing partners but if there is none near you any body piercer should be able to implant this for you.

A doctor, nurse or medic would be able to but they will likely take more convincing…

A self or assisted install is possible,
The following links that will make this very clear that it is easy to do

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

After Care

As long as you have used good aseptic techniques during the installation process, the healing should take care of its self with minimal maintenance.
x-Series a simple hydrocolloid plaster for the first 48hrs or so, then leave it open to heal naturally; adhering to standard hygiene practices :soap:

Flex Should be very similar to the x-Series, if using the Dangerous Things 4G piercing needle and steristrips however, the plaster should be left on longer, and further considerations if stitches/ sutures were used.

Post installation, the body will begin to encapsulate the tag with fibrous collagen tissue. To help this process along, you can take pre-natal vitamins, which has collagen and keratin boosting properties helping build collagen and connective tissues.

Also a little common sense wouldn’t go astray…
no weight lifting :weight_lifting_man: /rock climbing :person_climbing: /shooting :gun: /superhero-ing :man_superhero:

As far as flying goes, there should be no issue

Diving, again, no issue, just clean your install site afterwards. A normal immune system should protect you against waterbourne nasties during your diving…unless of course you are a comerricial diver, maitaining sewer lines etc.

Wakeboarding, you might want to take it easy with gripping etc

Probably best to discuss with your installer, but some common places are #1-4

keep us in the loop with how you go

good luck, and any more questions, fire away

1 Like

It might be helpful to take a look at what the studio offers - the walletmor is a flex-style implant, so depending on how your piercer works, it might require scalpelwork / dermal elevators / stitches. It is definitely a bit more complicated than a “normal” piercing. If your studio offers subdermal implants or other more “exotic” bodymods, they will a) know what to do and b) have all the tools they feel comfortable with, so I’d look for studios that offer such things and not just basic piercings.
Still, even “normal” piercers might very well be able to install the walletmor, I just think chances for a positive reaction might be higher when you ask the bodymodders :wink:

3 Likes

Yep. Best possibility is with heavy body modding studios. If you find reputable studio doing things like tongue splits, they will likely be way more open to scalpel installs than piercing studios overall.

2 Likes