What are some implants/modifications you all would like to see in the future?

Not sure what you call “nail” tags exactly: there are plenty those guys in LF, HF and UHF versions. I understand they’re used for cattle usually, but also for tagging trees and other odd tagging jobs.

Or did you mean the LED wouldn’t fit inside the package?

1 Like

They do look interesting, but more looking at fingernails! Like the HF ones you always see

1 Like

Oh… Misunderstood a bit there, sorry…

1 Like

Understood, looking at those it makes sense.

How are those used for cattle? Load 150 in a nail gun and just shoot it in as they walk by?

Ahahaha no I believe those would be shot through the ear, like a piercing, that way you wouldn’t need a plastic or fabric tag dangling off them

I did find these microtags

And this MAKEzine article from a woman who did it ages ago

I couldn’t find the exact tags she used but I only looked for a few minutes

1 Like

I can see it with dead cattle, but it would still need to be held in. I grew up/live around cattle, I have seen many ear tags, and subdermal for show cows, never seen one like that. My dry ass humor doesn’t translate well at all.

1 Like

hah yeah… I don’t think these go into cow ears. I believe they are meant to be pounded into things like wooden pallets, crates, and other crap that needs to be tracked around a loading dock or warehouse or shipping line.

1 Like

I’d really love to see these come back in stock in the store please (I’d rather buy more from you than them) :heart: they’re going to be my first augment when they come in in a week or so…not implanted obviously, girlfriend is getting me the info from the nail salon she goes to about good cheap clear acrylic nails and nail glue. So excited for this “dip the toes in” to when I eventually get my proper implant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just a shout out to Pimoroni! I’m definitely team Dangerous Things, but they are an awesome store too. Ordered from them before and they were great (i got a Raspberry Pi laser cut case from them many years ago)

All for supporting DT, but they also are worthy of the support.

2 Likes

Maybe someday this will be small enough to implant: https://github.com/GCY/Continuous-Non-Invasive-Blood-Pressure-Research-Platform---ECG-and-PPG-Pulse-Arrival-Time-Based-

I would really appreciate a RGB LED thats kind of programmable.
Could be used for aesthetic purposes (If I would decide to implant a LED I would never know which colour to choose) or for practical ones, you could get more feedback options with this.

Soon, hopefully.

Call me what you want, but… give me one of these before I die.

image image

1 Like

I also want a fucking laser beam please and thank you

3 Likes

I’ll happily be the first to test whatever new implant can allow me to do anything even remotely similar to energy blasts :boom:

You could implant a capacitor and short it out

Please Don't Install a capacitor

1 Like

Dry caps don’t vent (paper, mica, PP). But they have very limited storage capacities.

I just want more lights and a way to activate those lights (like the 13.56 MHz “bracelet” thing in that one thread) so that I could show them off easily.

I already have an xSIID so I don’t necessarily want another one, but having an xLED with light options like blue, green, and purple would be super cool. Also, programmable LEDs, single or in an array. Whatever. Just more blinkies inside my body.

1 Like

:confused: Remember the dislikes, Mr Spaghetti Hand earned…
:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle:
I want an implant to photosynthetise, btw. :green_circle:
:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: