What are some implants/modifications you all would like to see in the future?

I have some prototypes of this on my desk now… there are certain issues I’m still working through but in general yes this is totally possible… I just want to be sure I come out with something that is actually super interesting and not just a flex version of the xLED… and I have ideas…

4 Likes

Those might really help the bracelet project. :heart:

maybe… but the issue will come down to geometry (like it always does). A bracelet that encircles your wrist will work best with implants that 1) also have a cylindrical geometry, and 2) are aligned perpendicular to the bracelet coil such that the length of the x-series implant is going through the bracelet, like a hotdog through a doughnut hole… but a flex has a flat spiral plane antenna, and a “flexLED” will be no different… so the best coupling for it would be a similar shaped coil floating overtop of it… two totally different bracelet designs.

1 Like

Have you seen the HF LED Power Bracelet thread today? Have a design for the fingernails :grinning:

3 Likes

yeah just read it… that’s a great design that works awesome for both! nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks! I was quite pleased with the form factor given I am mainly operating off trial and error :sweat_smile:

I wonder what the effect of the field would have on readers around it :thinking:

Would it also act as an active Wearable Countermeasures? :grin:

4 Likes

:hotdog: :doughnut:

Is that something like a sausage up an alley way? :wink:

Some of you know what I am talking about, right?..

unnamed (19)

1 Like

uncle-buck

2 Likes

Vivokey Vote

Vote from the ease of home just by scanning your hand to confirm it is you.

1 Like

I have a practical need for an EEG implant - or at least one that detects delta brain waves. The reason is, when I fall asleep with the radio on, it wakes up the missus in the middle of the night, she has to get up to turn it off, and then I get an earful in the morning. With an implant that could report my being awake or asleep somehow, with an antenna in the bed’s headboard to read my “status” every 5 minutes for instance, I could make something to turn the radio off.

2 Likes

In the mean time… some sort of dead mans switch?

Well, the radio has a sleep function - like most TVs and such. You hit 30, 60 or 90 minutes, and if you reset it every once in a while, it keeps going. But I’d rather be doing something other than remembering to reset the damn timer. Remember: I’m fundamentally lazy: I want technology to do the work for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are sleep trackers that have APIs that could connect to a power controller through ifttt I’m sure… even ones you put across the matress so you don’t have to wear anything.

1 Like

SOrt of a…Santa chip. It knows when you are sleeping…

1 Like

One thing I used to do just with generic stick-on NFC Tags and Alexa is it sets an IFTTT message to Taskr which then goes on the LAN and triggers Wake on LAN on the PC. It would be super cool to be able to do this with an implant instead.

The only problem is the reader…I used my phone as a reader before and I don’t wanna shove my hand in my pocket grabbing my phone and turn on my PC Everytime lol

Also @amal I would LOVE fake glue on nails that have reprogrammable tags in them (just don’t make them TOO long please lol, don’t want to have to have a conversation with the family why this young man is wearing long nails)

Look on aliexpress for ntag216 nails they do exist

4 Likes

I was actually just looking at these, has anyone here actually used them?
I can’t find out exactly what kind of chip they are, just that they are 13.58Mhz in one description.
There’s another description that said 125Khz, but in the body of the description it contradicts it.

I would be interested in getting some NTAG216 and some EM4xxx nail tags.
Any advice?

2 Likes

If you find EM41xx nail tags with LEDs (or any 125kHz LED) please let me know! My understanding of the physics is you won’t. There is so much extra coil needed to get the right inductance for 125kHz that it just won’t fit, however I’d be overjoyed to be proven wrong!

1 Like

Not sure what you call “nail” tags exactly: there are plenty those guys in LF, HF and UHF versions. I understand they’re used for cattle usually, but also for tagging trees and other odd tagging jobs.

Or did you mean the LED wouldn’t fit inside the package?

1 Like