What are some implants/modifications you all would like to see in the future?

That might be possible with a polymer that changes color as it absorbs radiation… hmm…

Some people have done this actually but it’s not practical because the device on the outside of the skin needs so much force to remain attached, and that force is basically concentrated on small points, that the tissue trapped between the magnets and the external device gets crushed and dies and you get a nasty outcome… but the subdermal display… that’s something I’ve put some brain noodling into … i have ideas … but yeah waaaay down the prio list… safe energy storage first.

Yeah I assumed loss of circulation might be a issue in a situation like that which would eventually lead to tissue death.

But the click click of a Geiger world be terrifying :smiley: sign me up for a Geiger implant!

haha true… especially if you could set a rate limit so it only ticked above a certain particles per second average… otherwise background radiation would get quite annoying to listen to for long… though it would make a really great true random number generator.

1 Like

A bluetooth light energy implant powered by rfid, as to pick up my phone and unlock it at the same time.

Big data would be sweet. Something powered that would show up to all our current devices as a network drive or thumb drive would be awesome. I could save my files to my hand and then sit on a plane and watch the video or go to someone’s computer and pull up my emails would be super convenient.

1 Like

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hvae been waiting for Nordic to release a field powered BLE chip… they do have a BLE chip with NFC stack and comms radio but it does not offer field power. If they ever do come out with something that can be field powered via NFC then I think @Satur9 and I will have a look at it.

4 Likes

*Powered the NFC. I am slowly learning all the main differences.

I think it could be benifical also if there was ever a way to power is and connect it to memory, would you be able to use it to high five someone in a powerfield, and exchange data, like mb instead of kb, so there is no internet transaction?

Also, if you do ever come out with one, can I call dibs on being a tester?

Would be nice. Those Bluetooth SoC ICs only use like 30mA while broadcasting, and their quiescent is only a few mA (uA if you’re crafty with the sleep modes). I don’t think there’s a market for field powered Bluetooth, though. Barely anybody knows what an NFC even is.

Also the chips and antennas are bigly

1 Like

This film looks so good, came across the trailer a few weeks back but haven’t sat down to watch it yet

Well, to be clear, passive inductive RFID is the base tech that all NFC tags operate on… the only difference is that NFC is a small subset of specific RFID specifications… so all NFC tags are RFID tags, but not all RFID tags comply with the NFC standard… so your original statements was accurate.

kinda… digic and nordic have small chips and I’ve seen some small ass SMT ceramic antennas… feels “doable”… I wonder how much energy flash modules require when writing… peak current would be BLE receive + flash write… or BLE transmit + flash read… but pretty sure flash write is orders of magnitude more current draw than reading.

1 Like

Could we get flex LEDs like the fingernails but implantable? Seems semi straight forward.

1 Like

I like the idea of this. It would make powering then through a wearable much easier. Although the increase in price might turn some people off. I would totally get it though.

1 Like

I have some prototypes of this on my desk now… there are certain issues I’m still working through but in general yes this is totally possible… I just want to be sure I come out with something that is actually super interesting and not just a flex version of the xLED… and I have ideas…

4 Likes

Those might really help the bracelet project. :heart:

maybe… but the issue will come down to geometry (like it always does). A bracelet that encircles your wrist will work best with implants that 1) also have a cylindrical geometry, and 2) are aligned perpendicular to the bracelet coil such that the length of the x-series implant is going through the bracelet, like a hotdog through a doughnut hole… but a flex has a flat spiral plane antenna, and a “flexLED” will be no different… so the best coupling for it would be a similar shaped coil floating overtop of it… two totally different bracelet designs.

1 Like

Have you seen the HF LED Power Bracelet thread today? Have a design for the fingernails :grinning:

3 Likes

yeah just read it… that’s a great design that works awesome for both! nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks! I was quite pleased with the form factor given I am mainly operating off trial and error :sweat_smile:

I wonder what the effect of the field would have on readers around it :thinking:

Would it also act as an active Wearable Countermeasures? :grin:

4 Likes

:hotdog: :doughnut:

Is that something like a sausage up an alley way? :wink:

Some of you know what I am talking about, right?..

unnamed (19)

1 Like