What are you buying with your 50% DISCOUNT

Haha, Not EU but still Europe, how does that affect taxes and postage etc.

Turns out Brexit has done us EU buyers good: with the sterling down the crapper since the referendum, I often score sweeter deals from UK sellers than from mainland European ones now - the latest of which from KSEC. I’m pretty sure that’ll change when import duties are put in place, but for now it’s working out well for us.

2 Likes

Honestly, no idea. The discount is not something I expected or planned on :stuck_out_tongue:

Bloody good cherry on the top though.

yeeeeeah I’m mostly hoping Apex stuff drops soon enough to use the discount on. Other than that not sure what I’d go far, but it HAS been a while since my first ones, so probably about time for more hahaha

As it turns out… yes there will be discounts… yes the titan backer price sheet will be updated… however…

This process has been grueling, as you might imagine. As it stands now we are just waiting… everything on the chip and ROM mask and factory key loading has been done… but we are still just waiting to get samples for provisioning and testing. Even though the chip itself is done, Fidesmo does not have an actual product that uses it yet - no cards, no payment modules, etc. As such, they are still working from a test wafer of die chips made by NXP. Until Fidesmo has a real product in production which would require more full size wafers to be ordered and put into production, we cannot possibly afford to purchase a full wafer of customized P71 die chips, so we must wait. Once full wafers are ordered by Fidesmo, we should be able to source the relatively limited number of chips we require to make Apex products with from Fidesmo or from their manufacturer. There is no ETA for when this will occur however.

14 Likes

Still a great update, Thanks Amal :+1:

5 Likes

Hey bro,

hit me a 50% off code, planning to get 2 units of flexm1 gen2 :blush:

Thanks in advance bro! :grin:

Those coupons were only for titan backers back when it was crowdfunded… and I never used mine :frowning:

1 Like

same irrc :unicorn_crying:

3 Likes

Shush, you have given the game away. (That and all of the exclusions in tiny print of course)

1 Like

I was hoping for apex tbh

1 Like

-XSIID cuz I want some lights
-xG3. Titan install process freaks me and my installer out enough I don’t think it’s gonna happen.
-Maybe a xM1 or flexM1 for a transit pass. Not sure.

Is it too late for this or is there a joke I’m missing, or both? :sob: I want to get my first implant and I’m still mad I hesitated on the Fourth of July discount on the xSIID

Yeah, sorry.
This discount was for one year, and only for the backers of the first Titan.

The discounts expired toward the end of last year.

Bugger!
I wouldn’t pin my hopes on another one happening this year, that was the first time for that specific sale. so it equally may or may not happen again.

The Cyber monday Sale is more likely to repeat, but that is much later in the year

I would suggest, get one now, and IF there is another
:blinky_red: :blinky_white: :blinky_blue:
sale.
Get yourself another one or more then

2 Likes

awwwww that is a bummer. I do like your way of thinking though. That way, if anything, I can have different colored LEDs!

*On a side note, It will be really cool to see an xSIID with the ability to change colors.

Maybe there is such a thing in the works…

2 Likes

Don’t get me too excited if its not coming out soon… :sob:

Last we saw of that implant, it required an unreasonable amount of power to work, along with the fact it could rotate and the leds could be facing the wrong direction

I’m not convinced they even IF it’s released by the designer (not DT) it will be viable

Short answer, don’t worry about that one, an xSIID works great, and Amal will hopefully have a couple that when complete will be pretty cool blinky wise

1 Like

Indeed, I was merely pointing it out as a possibility.