What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

My super glue job is a little atrocious, but this has been fun lol
Can’t wait to see what it looks like with the resin printer. Should be here by Saturday!

4 Likes

So what did you wind up pulling the trigger on?

The Anycubic 4k bundle.
https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-Printer-Bundle-Photon-Station/dp/B0BXNB4T24/ref=sr_1_3?crid=8M7PYHIKYVFL&keywords=anycubic+photon+mono+bundle&qid=1687481953&sprefix=anycubic+photon+mono+bundle%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-3

And this resin looked cool so I got a bottle of it as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z987WFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, if anyone wants an Ender 3 Pro lmk. It’s throwing a thermal runaway error. Think it needs a new hot end, but I’ve realized that I don’t need 2 FDM printers, and I need to take it off my desk to make room for the resin printer. Not looking for anything besides shipping cost for it.

Bet it’s just a thermistor, cheap part… easy fix

I’ll order a new one and test it out, still up for grabs if anyone wants it though!

While I’m not at home, I can at least post what my current set up looks like now

I moved some stuff around to squeeze a different desk into my office, one for computer and one for making

Half way through the process of anchoring the cabinets directly into the wall to take out wiggle

Have a 4x4 that works as a spacer and is tied into the studs… just giving it a day or 3 to sink into the carpet a bit before I anchor the cabinets to the 4x4

The white thing is a carbon air filter, it will eventually scoot back, but I need my buddy to cut me a little shelf to extend it backwards

If you notice, I set up a long run reverse Bowden. So my filament spool is in the cabinet

2 Likes

That looks slick! Would you recommend a carbon filter? I was planning on just cracking the window behind where the Anycubic will sit when I’m printing and having a couple computer fans blowing air.

https://a.co/d/jcm9XFw

That’s what I got, idk how or why but I somehow bought it for 60$

I wonder how hard it would be to make a carbon filter from scratch… seems like most the cost is in the hepa filter… the carbon pellets are in little loose hexagons (bestagons)

I was originally planning to install essentially a bathroom fan in that room, and just vent straight outside… but I started wondering if the carbon filter would work well in its place….

It seems …ok, there’s definitely still some fumes / smell… but it’s a lot better with the filter running that without

Gotcha
I know you can make a relatively effective filter with baking soda and cloth. One of my first attempts at doing something out of the Anarchist’s Cookbook. Got every cop in a small town surrounding my car one night after an overzealous cop searched my car and found a brick of white powder. XD
One of the best and worst nights for me in high school XD
I was thinking about using an enclosure and using the flexible HVAC tubing with a computer fan routed to the window.

Wow, that’s a LOT :astonished: and they look great!

1 Like

I’m hoping I can get some resin ones printed looking better. Bought some clearish red resin, thought that might look cool. DM me your address and I’ll probably send 100 prints XD

I’ll take another one. No need for shipping even, if you ever come by to visit. :grin:

1 Like

$300 for that setup doesn’t seem too bad. I’m tempted to grab one, but I have no idea what I’d use a resin printer for. I’m not really into making minis.

1 Like

I’m carless at the moment. Will hopefully have another car by the end of next month. Will definitely be happy to drive over! Or we could meet up in my area if you want.
I’m just drinking and messing around on the printer since I’ve gotten back from my TX to CA to AK craziness.

I want to get back into D&D. Never played in person before, only online via a few discord servers. I’m kind of hoping to find a local group and start printing some minis for it.
My drinking/running group always likes swag, so I figured I could use it for that. I’m just coming up with any excuse to justify it lol

You might also check the connecters going to the thermistor. I had my E3Pro have thermal runaway errors and it turns out the connector had found it’s way loose.

That happened on my other one and was able to fix it. Tightened up everything on the troubled one and still getting the error.

Funnily enough, I actually was in downtown KC earlier today. Was only there for a work training event though.

1 Like

For tiny stuff like this I use the Phrozen Sonic Mini 8K. Incredible detail but more expensive.

lol, I got a late start but I am doing a run through of my process…
… are you sure you want my oppinions? I am suddenly reminded of how much of an idiot I am…

I just spent like an hour going through a half dozen random usb drives thinking they were corrupted or something was wrong with my main board on the resin printer, because I couldn’t get files to show up correctly…

wasn’t slicing a new file, was copying a previously made file onto my usb drive to print again
… apparently its kind of important to try copy the actual .ctb printer file… not the lychee project file bearing the same name * facepalm*

1 Like