What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

Oh that thing… I thought this was an arduino Or raspberry “pico” or something and knew nothing about it

Try to go for “light” supports

Heck post a picture of your support structure

That’s a thing too actually :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh looks like a little capacitor city

1 Like

Are those medium supports or light?

I’d honestly do more, a nice ring around the outside edge to keep it from warping

Medium
They seemed to work well besides the larger piece was sitting on it’s side, not upright so the supports were on the PICO text and it made it rough. After this print is finished, I’ll try doing light supports on everything.

Yea I’d double your density and drop to light

1 Like

I like the lighter supports, but I did have some warping on the tinier cap piece and the lip on the body piece. I went ham with the left clicking and added more supports on all the pieces. Will give it another shot when I get back from a meet up this afternoon.

:crossed_fingers: hopefully this round of prints works out!

1 Like

Remove your supports first

Curing first will cause a rougher blemish

3 Likes

I swear I thought this was a clip from a sci fi movie. It has Jurassic park ripoff vibes :joy: Also they look like little meat tubes, I love them!

1 Like

Did you speed the clip up of the uv cure or does your turn Table spin that quick?

I feel like it’s some shady shit with all the gloves and filters and stuff working in the dark XD
Sacrificing my dresser to hold the printer and wash/cure station so I can have my ender going on my desk without jostling the resin printer. Picked up some translucent and clear green resin too. Got another batch printing with the translucent right now.
IMG20230627163622

1 Like

Doing photography at home was significantly worse than operating a resin printer and I’ve never felt like it’s shady.

Back when I was using someone else’s resin printer, I never worried about the table vibrating. The Z axis rail on that machine was pretty solid. If anything, I disliked the smell and having to clean up afterwards. And I don’t think that small part cleaning machines existed for use with desktop resin printers.

Hopefully those two annoyances have improved since then.

1 Like

Was worried about neighbors outside looking in and seeing me carrying a dish of liquid to the kitchen with gloves and a mask thinking I was cooking some meth or something lol
I think I’ve got it the small parts washing down now. Can just throw the printing bed into the washer, then take off supports and throw the pieces in a small tub with alcohol and wash it once more before curing.
My ender shakes the desk pretty good, I feel better with the resin printer on another surface, also frees up more room and looks nicer.

So we didn’t talk about material post handling

But eventually your alcohol wash will get saturated and you’ll need to deal with that

Currently what I do when my wash station is getting nasty, is take a week off resin print and leave the wash station completely undisturbed

Most of the crud and resin will settle down to the bottom during that week

Then I use a 150ml syringe and slowly remove the “cleaner” alcohol at the top of the tank, and put it in 2 2 liter bottles

Until I get down to the bottom where it’s actually settled…

Then I seal it up and kick the agitator on for a bit, and pour all the saturated solution into a mason jar
Usually only about cup worth of

I have a mesh lid I printed for the mason jar to keep bride or anything from getting into the jar but to let the alcohol evaporate

I set the jar outside, but not in the sun I only want warmth… not cure yet

Once it’s reduced sufficiently, then I’ll put it in the sun and let it cure the remaining sludge

Possibly better ways but it’s easy enough, and deals with the resin permanently

I’ll do this maybe every month or 2 depending on print load

The original plan was to set the clean 2 liter bottles in the sun to “cook” any dissolved resin, but I realized as long as I pull what settles out from it, I don’t care about the bit that doesn’t settle

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been wondering about the best way to deal with that but procrastination has kept me from googling it yet, just keep printing that’s all that matters right now XD
I saw some stls for mason jar lids. I’ll start getting things together.
I appreciate all the info!!

I’ll send you the one I used

Essentially it’s a solid disk, and then I turned off top bottom layers, and used triangle infil with a double line multipler

1 Like

Finally got a new textured PEI spring steel bed plate for my E3Pro to replace the one that I accidentally destroyed. :sweat_smile: Also got a Sunlu Filidryer S1. Hopefully I can get some better looking PETG prints with it. Was having issues with bubbles in prints before.

3 Likes

Is the filament fed directly out of the dryer or do you have to setup the roll every time?