What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

You can do either, but I have it set up to feed out of the box.

4 Likes

I got my hands on a Creality Box 2.0 that I can’t seem to get set up. I’ve googled til my fingers bled, tried updating firmware, tried setting up WAN via BT and it’s wireless method but it keeps failing to connect to my home wifi.
I’m wondering if it’s DOA.

off and on

4 Likes

I can’t speak to it, I looked into one when t was v1 and it didn’t seem worth the effort

I am super pleased with my raspberry pi running octoprint… wonderfully open and constantly new plugins coming online

I would look strongly into that… especially since I think the pi crisis seems to be coming to an end

1 Like

Do you have a hammer?

Am I helpful?

3 Likes

I tried messing around with Octoprint but the server kept going offline. I tried burning their iso on new SD cards and starting fresh a few times but the problem persisted. My Rpi has gone through a couple of moves and hasn’t been handled in great care. I was thinking of getting a new one, but got my hands on the Creality Box so figured I’d try that before I buy a new RPi

1 Like

I can speak to this

I went through the same issues… and it’s actually frustratingly simple

I kept thinking my sd cards were corrupting because the server wouldn’t respond

It was just session cookies or whatever timing out

Cleared the cookies and logged back in and the problem goes away

2 Likes

….yeaaaa

I probably reflashed a dozen images

…reformatted the sd card a half dozen times

…ordered a shiney new gooder sd card

Each time it would work for a while then go offline after a week or 2… to the point I can probably flash a image with my eyes closed and using backups quite quickly lol

…at some point I cleared cookies/cache… and it immediately came back online

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one!
If I could remember my dreams, I’m sure they were filled with dd commands reburning the octo iso a thousand times lol
Going to give it another shot tonight before I finally turn in. Thanks for the info!!

There’s an image burning tool, that has a hidden command to auto include wifi and various stuffs

Had the same issue on my octoprint … ended up pull8ng a cat5 to the printer and never had an issue since except overheting of the pi in the summer (added a fan and solved that :grin:)

1 Like

Nice!
Octoprint hasn’t given me an issue this time, but I my magnetic bed for the Ender came off during a print over the night and the hot end switched to printing a case for itself while I was sleeping which was fun to deal with this morning lol
I got a camera for the Pi too. Need to look into the plugins again so I can monitor and print while I’m out of the house.
Has anyone messed with Formlabs Elastic 50A? A friend has some ideas and wants me to use that, but it’s $200 lol
I was thinking about grabbing a flexible resin off Amazon for $30 or $40.

Mine stqrted to buble up … so i ripped it off, headed to Wal-Mart and pick3d up a cheap picture frame with a thin glass and cut it to size. Never been more happy than the glass print bed with a bit of hair spray on it!

Also curious about the flexible resin … let us know what you get :+1:

2 Likes

Same, my ender bed was warping so I changed to glass and I’m using a paper glue stick. I’m quite happy with it!
I think it warped from pulling prints off it, I wasn’t too careful not to bend it.

2 Likes

I had mixed results with the paper glue, but the purple stuff was the most reliable :+1:

Imo magnetic bed are oly acceptable if you dont use/have a heated bed …

3 Likes

Destroyed mine by printing PETG with the nozzle too low. Print fused with the bed plate and ripped a hole it when I tried to remove it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I went with the PEI-coated spring steel bed plate though. We’ll see how good it holds up. So far adhesion is great.

3 Likes

I haven’t had an issue with mine til now. I do want to replace it with glass, maybe this is the sign lol
I went with this cheapo flexible resin to mess around with a couple designs, then I’ll get the expensive stuff for the final products.
https://a.co/d/aGRHRZh

Meanwhile, I ordered a magnetic bed for my 3D printer… Always wanted one of those as always struggled to remove parts when using resin and had the same problem with my Ender 3 as well.

Now I’m hearing about glass? I’ve never tried it before but might give it a go at some point.

Octoeverywhere
Pretty gcode
Psu control
Continuous print

I know there are other good plugins but those are the top of my head

I am a huge advocate for glass,
Flatter and less warp

You can get some wild adhesion if you give it a spritz of aquanet hair spray, but using the same can for like 2-3 years

You can also get great adhesion that quickly releases if you clean with alcohol between prints
Useful for the continuous print plugin

I usually use the bottom smooth side of the creality glass

(Creality glass is better than getting your own cut because it’s proper borosilicate I believe so better for heat cycling

3 Likes