What's your dream Biomod?

I want an implantable device that can generate very high voltage. At the least I’d like to be able to static shock things on command. At the most I’d like to be able to power high voltage electronics and shoot a lightning bolt from my hand.

3 Likes

giphy (1)

I don’t want to pollute this thread with GIFs, it’s a good thread, but I had to on this one…

8 Likes

I am planning to get contacts implanted since my vision has stabilized beyond the “medically necessary” level (in the US). That’s about $8k right now though, but to be able to not worry about losing a contact in whitewater or having the damn things inside out!.. Hopefully worth it.

From a not-yet-feasible standpoint: I’d love to have a bio-electronic implant that syncs with my phone and constantly monitors body vitals to better help me understand the effects of food, exercise, sleep, etc. Ideally, I could pick a desired target, and the device would somehow trigger a craving for the component I needed (within reason).

1 Like

I feel this 100% I wear a US size 16 4E

1 Like

Our circumstances are different, but I feel my solution might help you: try barefooting.

I began going shoeless originally because the pain in my right knee, which has been replaced by a prosthesis, was unbearable. I even had the dubious honor of being one of the early heavy Oxycontin addict before it was even acknowledged that you could get addicted, because of the pain. I had the good fortune to meet a doc who told me to try barefooting before writing me yet another script for the damn thing. The guy literally saved me from constant pain and cleaned me up at the same time.

So I’ll tell you what he told me: try going without shoes for 3 days. Worse that can happen is, it does nothing for you and you’ll look like an idiot for 3 days. But if you feel a difference in the pain level, keep at it and perhaps that’s your answer, as it was for me.

It would however make your other problem worse:

Yeah, that won’t get no better. I’ve been barefoot for 20 years and my feet have widened so much it’s nigh on impossible for me to wear any normal-sized shoes when I need to.

1 Like

This thread might interest you

For me dream biomod would be neural link or similar type of device that you can use to find any information in an instant. It would also be able to use the functions that a phone can currently use. I know this is in a distant future but it would be really cool even tho it presents many problems like hacking and controlling someone’s brains.
I’ve played cyberpunk little too much recently but this has been in my mind little before that even.

For the closer future I would like to monitor my heath like the Oura ring but all it’s features would be in a implantable form.

4 Likes

@Zwack and @Pilgrimsmaster: yeah, pretty much like that - didn’t know humans could actually learn that!
But to keep it on a more practical level - I’d love to have a version of that that operates on a frequency that others can’t hear :wink:

3 Likes

You should check the novel Machine Man. It’s exactly about this. I read it already a few times.

2 Likes

I would love to see an accessible material that the skin can truly stick to for transdermals that do not stay open. That to me is the next step in both prosthetics and implants.

3 Likes

Total replacement of the body, only the brain remaining.

6 Likes

Brain machine augmentation. Just a small calculator chip would do. Is that so much to ask?!?
Also GM cone cells sensitive to IR would be amazing! Oh, and light polarisation while we’re at it.

3 Likes

I just want to go full machine… Or at least as much as possible while keeping my personhood.

3 Likes

An on/off hearing switch, I have tried both noise-cancelling headphones and out-of-body astral projection of my soul away from annoying people talking non-sense. In all seriousness, I have no idea why human voice is so hard to silence: it would be so nice to just have the ability to shut the ears just like we can shut our eyes.

Also, a button to orgasm on command.

1 Like

That’s already a thing - although one you can’t get solely because you want one, or even on purpose:

1 Like

That’s interesting, thanks! Had read about it, but completely forgotten. Wows to the person who pushed the orgasmatron button eight times per minute during three hours while under observation, I wonder how he/she ended after leaving the clinic or wherever they were counting the clicks. This topic deserves some serious research.

2 Likes

Maybe X-ray eyes for all the beauties out there :yum: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Why do you want them to have X-ray eyes? Are you that impressive under your clothes? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If someone could come up with a reliable thyroid hormone sensor implant, I’m interested.

5 Likes