xG3 Questions, looking to get one

Hello all,

Silly question, would a bio magnet like the Titan or the xG3 collect iron from the blood over time? My roommate asked and I didn’t want to give him an underinformed answer. My assumption is no considering the very little amount of iron in our blood.

Secondly, if you have an xG3 what’s your experience with it? Does it limit your grip strength if installed in your finger? Where on your finger did you get it installed if so? Any other recommended placements for it?

Feel free to point me in the direction of past threads if they apply.

Thanks in advanced!

First off I might be wrong since I’m not scientist if someone has more accurate answer be happy to chime in.

To the first question
Simple answer: No
For more complicated answer I’d recommend watching this video: Monster magnet meets blood... - YouTube Although he uses many times larger magnets than is going inside our bodies and not human blood.

I would not recommend installing xG3 to your fingers since it’s bigger than titan. Some that have hand on the larger side that have managed to do that well but at least for me it wasn’t an option. Maybe hand blade would be better or P -0 (opposite site of hand than P0, there’s some examples here on the forum) I have my xG3 V2 in a blade of my hand and have been happy. Titan is more finger friendly and have been happy with my titan for a half a year now in the ring finger littlebit on the lower on the passing and outside side on the hand. If you have slender and/or small hands and install xG3 in one of your finger I’d think that it would restrict the movement as well.

1 Like

No. There is no free floating atomic iron in the body. It’s always bonded with other atom forming molecules… and it should be plainly obvious that a molecule like iron oxide (rust) does not have any of the same properties of iron. This is the magic of the atoms! When they form molecules, their properties change.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, the Titan is the one designed for fingers. The xG3 usually goes in the usual chip locations on the hand.
Not that you can’t put an xG3 in your finger (it has been done) but it’s not really recommended as most people don’t have enough space for it. I personally would only consider that if I had particularly big fingers.

I can answer for the Titan based on my finger implants and many posts on this forum that it’s barely noticable if placed on the side of the finger pad when it comes to grip and everyday activities.
The best way honestly it to glue a small object on the location you plan to implant. Keep it there for a day, do all the things you’re worried about. The implant is obviously much lower profile but the experiment will make you notice any hard impacts or pinches in the area so you can make an informed choice.

2 Likes

Ah I see, I was just assuming based on the stock photo on the DT website

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t notice that. I agree it’s a bit confusing… @amal maybe a photo in another position woud be better for the xG3?
I have some if you need one.

4 Likes

I’ve got giant bratwurst fingers and still don’t think I’d want an xG3 in the tip to be honest. The Titan may be a little thick but overall its footprint is way smaller than the xG3.

I don’t have any current personal experience, but I am getting a Titan put in my right middle finger tip in January. I vacillated back and forth between an xG3 and Titan for a while, but the latter being stellar for sensing and lifting while being more fitting for the finger tip sold me.

I’ll still probably get an xG3 V2 and throw it in a knife edge someday though.

1 Like

Ahhhh now you got me second guessing which one I want, I never thought about it that way. I really really like the x-series form factor of the xG3, because I can “safely”(I’m a medical professional specifically with needles, self installs are never as safe as a licensed piercer, but I know what I’m doing and I always have other trained help, Internet please don’t do what I do) do the install myself without having to drive hours to get to the one known piercer in my area, along with cost, time, social anxiety(the big one here), etc. A titan I would absolutely seek professional installation.

Does anyone have both?

1 Like

Would love some better pix!

3 Likes

Does anyone have both?

I have all of them. Xg3 v1 & v2 plus titan.

just throw your questions at me :smiley:

4 Likes

Just to add, even if it did have the ability to collect iron, it wouldn’t collect much as there is not any major blood vessels to the finger pads or the fingers in general.

What’s your experience with “sensing?”

Lifting strengths between the different models? Do you ever have something “snap” onto your biomagnet that you don’t want? If so does that hurt, cause bruising, etc?

How long for necrosis to take place if an object was held to the skin. Would small electronic screws cause this?(my desired use is to hold small screws with it, have my hand be a built in magnet tray.) Especially if they’re only being held there for a few minutes?

And just generally, what’s your opinion on your biomagnets?

What’s your experience with “sensing?”

Well in my opinion there are two ways you sense stuff:

#1 Electromagnetic field change sensing:
Thats what you sense from stuff like microwaves, electro motors and powersupplys.

I sense that kind of stuff every day, mostly my pc fan and powersupplys i get close to.
I also feel most of my powertools while using them. its a funny little new sense.
Once i found a pool pump in the trash, i plugged it in and it felt like i got a electric shock so i threw that thing away and unplugged it. after dissasembling it i saw that there is a short on two 220v wires and i felt that, that was amazing :slight_smile:

#2 Sensing of ferromagnetic materials.

If i touch materials that are ferromagnetic (like iron) i can sense that and i can feel differences between diffrent types of iron.
its also a nice useful adition.

Lifting strengths between the different models?
The Xg3 V2 lifts the most, followed by the V1 and then comes the titan. but thats logically if you compare the sizes of the Xg3 to the Titan.

Do you ever have something “snap” onto your biomagnet that you don’t want? If so does that hurt, cause bruising, etc?

Yea, if i have coins on my table they sometimes attach to my magnets. it does not hurt but in the beginning it feeled strange.

i never got bruising from objects snapping to my magnets.

How long for necrosis to take place if an object was held to the skin. Would small electronic screws cause this?(my desired use is to hold small screws with it, have my hand be a built in magnet tray.) Especially if they’re only being held there for a few minutes?

I get skin deformation and blood flow issues at about 10 minutes when something is permanently attached.

i had stuff on there longer by accident (was on a roadtrip concentrated on the traffic and forgot that i picked up a paperclip)

at some point i itched the location and noticed it - it was about 40 mins on there but everything recovered.

And just generally, what’s your opinion on your biomagnets?

I love them!!!

im so much in loved with subdermal magnets that i started building my own.

im mostly in love with the xg3 v2 because its lifting power. i have 4 of them at home and currentl 2 installed.

The titan is also amazing because it will just last forever and is indestructable!

If u wanna see cool images from people with magnets check out this thread

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much for all the info. Annnnnd I’m sold!

3 Likes

Just throwing my hat into the ring here. Those little magnet bead toys (I think they’re called speks?) are very unpleasant if you let one snap to your hand. Other than stuff like that, I personally haven’t ever had something “snap” to my hand in an unpleasant way. After a while you learn to unconsciously avoid situations like that. I always say it’s kind of like putting your hand on a hot stove. Sure you can do that, but your brain’s going to be screaming at you not to.

Actually this would mean terrible things :slight_smile: Small capillaries would rapidly become clogged with iron blobs. Those blockages would cause necrosis. It would go bad from there.

1 Like

Oh my word you are right, I was thinking of short-term effects, even though there is a small concentration of iron because capillaries are small, the iron concentration will increase over time, and like you said cause necrosis. Thanks for correcting me

1 Like

no prob… its all thought experiments, which are fun to explore :slight_smile:

2 Likes