xSIID doesn’t blink anymore :(

It also can be reading too fast for the led to be visible. When I don’t have a lot of data on mine it won’t always have time to blink. Especially from a device like a flipper zero. Try adding more data and see if you can keep the coil powered up longer. It’s strange that it would break inside the glass capsule

Hey,
I’ve just tried to wrote a vcard on it, it has 806bytes.
I wrote successfully, led didn’t blinked. The same thing on read, i got the data but it didn’t blink :frowning:

I don’t wanna to remove it right away, if the warranty is lifetime I’ll give it a few months before send it back.

That’s sad, it’s were working nicely im the first days :frowning:

Still no signs of blink?

Yes, still the same.
I use everyday to login into my computer, but no lights :frowning:

UPDATE:

2 months have passed and I definitely don’t have blinks on my hand anymore =(

Do I have a due date to raise this ticket and replace my implant? :frowning:

Very sad times

They have a lifetime warranty, so you can replace a defective implant whenever you need or want.

Or maybe you were wondering if there was a minimum time instead of a maximum, in which case, I think you’re pretty well past the usual recommendation of a few weeks

Ah what the heck, I’m already editing this comment. If you need it, hit the floating orange help button (It looks like this → :help:) on the Main Site to submit the support ticket

3 Likes

indeed, but this one is an odd one.

The led Has been intermittent, but the NFC still working

This would be an odd fault.

Although it has been 2 months, I think it should be allowed to play out a little longer.
I have a feeling that the stars are just misaligned (deep, led facing inward, slow healing, inflamation, fluid retention, weak readers etc)

Whats another 2 weeks?

Just my thoughts

1 Like

Any news?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, no.

I’m still using it every day to login on my computer, but the LED doesn’t work.

I’m planning to remove it when I get the XM1 (or similar) to replace it in the same day, because the price for removal + install is the same price of the chip :smiling_face_with_tear:

Regarding “weak reader”, I tried to use many reader to test, but no success. So I don’t it is the problem nor the deepest, because I can feel it very easy with my fingers.
It I am just bad luck :smiling_face_with_tear:

When it comes time to replace it we will give a discount on your next product. If you’re removing it, I’d like to get it back for analysis of possible?

This sucks both mine work great. One in hand one in wrist!

When it comes time to replace it we will give a discount on your next product. If you’re removing it, I’d like to get it back for analysis of possible?

Sure, I can send it back to you. I’ve spoken with the installer last week, she said it’s easy to remove, but she cannot install another in the same place right after the removal, need to wait for 2 months to place another implant in the same place. I guess I’m gonna wait for the xMagic or the XM1.

This sucks both mine work great. One in hand one in wrist!

Lucky you! =) Mine LED has worked for a week only =( but the NFC still reading and I’m using it to login into my computer everyday.

cannot?

Will not sounds more accurate.

I have removed an xSeries and directly replaced immediately afterwards into the same cavity.

But always trust your piercer over a rando on the interwebs

3 Likes

Yeap, she said to remove and wait 2 months to insert another in the same place.

I don’t plan to remove soon since the ndef is working, but unfortunately i can’t see the light anymore :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hey folks, I’m back after a year without my cool blink implant. I was thinking the other day…

Could messing up a write attempt on the chip make the LED stop working?

I know the chances are super slim, but it’s my last hope to get the xsiid to light up. :slight_smile:

As far as I’m aware the NFC interface doesn’t interact with the blinky portion at all, it’s fairly “hardwired” so to speak

2 Likes

Correct, the power harvesting feature of the chip is fairly independent of the NFC memory.

1 Like

Does it not read or write either?

Have you tried with something like the zinc app to keep it illuminated?

I noticed if my XSIID twists the light is very very dim until I trust it back around

2 Likes

I can read and write without any issues, the onlu thing is that the led doesn’t blink.
I’ve tried many thing already, but yes, it’s completely dead. Magnets didn’t work, zinc app, proxmox, flipper0, many phones, complete dark room and etc…
But it is what it is, can’t complain. I’ll get an xmagic as my next implant but I’ll keep the xsiid anyway.
I think we can close this topic (if it’s possible). Thank you all for support =)

2 Likes