Bootstrapping Installers

Bumping this to vent…

I’ve ALMOST had this magnet implanted so many times I’ve lost count. Piercers, medical folk, vet techs, weirdos who like blood… installs always seem to fall through. What’s the “fail safe” way to find a damn installer that isn’t yourself?

Anyone in Upstate/NNY that wants to jab me?

I’m in the 585. I’m totally up for that, but I don’t currently have a space to do so. I can set up a sterile to go pack and maybe come to you!

1 Like

Oooh, im just up the lake from you. Thousand Islands area.

Oh nice! Let me know if you want some help!

If anyone is an installer, we would love too add you to our partnership program (KSEC Cyborg Centers).

https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/cyborg-centers-worldwide/

https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/ksec-partnerships/

We can only offer the cyborg center status to licensed professional but we do have an associate program for installers who aren’t or key Biohackers who are looking to offer support/services etc.

---- Associate Info ----
The associate program is for a KSEC recommend individual that may offer KSEC services or provides product support. Email: partnership@ksecsolutions.com

• Up to 20% off applicable products
  • Ability to resale other KSEC products and services
  • Flexible MOQ
  • KSEC Branding required on products
  • Added to our worldwide partnermap
  • A signup fee maybe required and is reviewed on a per-person basis
1 Like

associate aye…

2 Likes

Speaking of Bootstrapping Installers…

I’m eighteen, and so far have done two self-implants that have gone rather well. One in the recommended spot, the hand webbing. And one on the knifes edge of my hand.

Though, I wouldn’t mind doing this sort of stuff in my area for others. Saying as well, Oregon has zero partners within the area, and I’ve contacted many piercing and tattoo shops. Each one, sadly rejecting me.

Of course though, if I were to do this to other people I’d want more proper training.

So what I’m asking is; if I were to want to do this more formally, what sort of education or classes should I seek? Should I seek the normal education a piercer would obtain?

Blood borne illness class, CPR and how to handle people who pass out, and a cross contamination class

I’ll just mention that most volunteer orgs offer first aid training for free, or at least very cheap, that covers pretty much all of these points.

I’d also recommend people do first aid training in general even if you never plan to use it for the purpose we are talking about here. CPR saves lives, just saying :metal:

3 Likes

Infection control is generally a discrete, governmentally determined course for piercers and tattoo artists

1 Like

I was looking at the ORS definitions and it really appears to fall into a grey area.

Scarification is prohibited in Oregon, as are “Dermal Implants”. Dermal Implants are, however, defined as “Implants below the skin for decoration or ornamentation”. That would exclude RFID tags, but they don’t fall under body piercing either (creation of a permanent hole).

I am not a lawyer, but I can see why the holder of a body piercing licence in Oregon wouldn’t want to risk unless it was clear that it is legal.

That’s currently a problem almost everywhere, especially after cases like in the UK where something wasn’t even explicitly illegal, and yet court decided to send someone to jail for doing it. Difficult times for bodymodding…
Here (Germany) it’s still relatively easy, compared to other parts of the world, but it’s still a bit tricky from time to time to find people willing to do more extreme or experimental stuff.
I can just recommend to try to get a piercer / bodmod artist to trust you (like, a lot…), and maybe get him do the procedure you want, and never again talk about who did it. But still, that’s an immense risk for the artist, so I can totally understand everyone who’s not willing to do it…

This is especially ridiculous, as scars are maybe the oldest and most traditional way to change your body… I’d really like to know the reasons for such a stupid law.

2 Likes

Ignorance.
Sorry to be trite, but it’s just plain old ignorance. (And a little refusal to become less ignorant.)

Random thought.
Does the law bar scarification, or performing scarification? Under one of those scenarios Coma would be illegal in Oregon. (Not likely, but fun to think about.)

1 Like

I know… I was just wondering if you have to give reasons when passing a law - would be interesting to know those. Like in the case with Dr. Evil, court just said “no human being should do such procedures to another human being” - that’s such a bad argument, I was surprised that it worked…

And don’t forget about my dermal implant, that would make me twice as illegal! :rofl:

1 Like

Nope. No reason required at all. In fact the process is easier when you have super flimsy reasoning.

Want to ban chewing gum and walking at the same time?

Clearly this law is needed to reign in MS-13!!!

Actually they have given a reason why body modification and scarification are currently not permitted.

They do not have any guidelines in how to perform these safely.

I did find out that because the law describes these things as “decorative or ornamental” the piercers don’t think that they are allowed to implant RFID as it is functional.

1 Like

Well, and that’s the stupid part - the bodmod artists have these guidelines. They have guidelines on how to do cuttings, brandings, implants, tongue splitting, ear removal and tons of other funny stuff, because they have a very strong reason to do this safely - they risks their jobs if something goes wrong.
Even here, where all that stuff is more-or-less allowed, everybody knows that we’re all in lots of trouble if somebody messes up their work. Just one artist doing “extreme” mods in an unsafe way will draw tons of unwanted attention, and will most likely lead to more restrictive laws. So, the guidelines on how to do all that without killing your customers do exist, the people making the laws are just not really interested in them :wink:

Yep, that’s a very thin line… and it’s somehow very possible that if a judge wants to be an asshole, he can very easily interpret the law in a way that’s not good for the piercer.

Yes, the artists might have them, but the lawmakers didn’t write them so they don’t exist. I didn’t say it wasn’t stupid or that I agreed with them…

I guess implanting an xLED is probably considered “a dermal implant” as it isn’t functional.

1 Like

True that, and I didn’t think you did :wink:

1 Like

I totally agree with that.

If I went to a body mod artist and asked them to do something for me that they weren’t comfortable doing legally or even if they weren’t sure they had the skills to do it, but they still tried it as a favour, and if they fucked it up, I would see that as my fault.
There would be an unwritten rule (or a signed waiver), that if anything went wrong, that I was responsible for it.

If I had to go to hospital for treatment, then,
I did it to myself
If the medical staff asked why, I would say,
“No bodymody artist would do it, because they are not covered by law, so I was forced to try it on my own”

Then I would ask the doctor if they would help with the next one :wink:

A different scenario, but a couple of days ago, I donated plasma and there was a trainee observing the procedure; I offered him an opportunity to use me as a pin cushion to practice on as many times as he liked.
If he fucked it up, I wouldn’t have blamed him.
My offer, my responsibility!
Even if they had asked me, and then he made a mistake…No issues, mistakes happen.
People need opportunities to try things, that’s how they learn.
:drop_of_blood:

3 Likes