Gaming Lounge šŸŽ®

BG3 is awesome! I first played it almost 3 years ago (I had to look it up) when it was first released in early access. I played through act 1 so many times after every few updates. It had almost 3 years of development while in early access. It definitely shows in how nice and polished everything is.

I have played to part way through Act 2, and itā€™s still on my list of games to jump into it. Maybe Iā€™ll finish it some day.

1 Like

Starfield is fantastic IMO.

The biggest problem with the public perception is that too many people went into it expecting a space sim or space exploration game (no thanks to the way that Todd Howard presented it), while itā€™s still an RPG at its core. Oblivion in space is a good way to put it, although thatā€™s purely in mechanics. The setting feels incredibly fresh. People compare it to No Manā€™s Sky or Elite Dangerous (or Star Citizen, which is barely functionalā€¦), when thatā€™s extremely disingenuous to me. Starfield has SO much story content and so many quest lines, with pretty good voice acting. Everything is pretty curated, although thereā€™s also plenty of generated bases and such to explore if youā€™d like to go that route. Itā€™s just a different genre.

I purposefully avoided any kind of info beforehand, and just jumped in when it released.

The space dogfighting is pretty good, and given that you can jump/travel from your ship itself (a lot of people donā€™t realize this, you use the scanner), itā€™s still pretty immersive to go from place to place.

There are tons of interesting side quests, and a lot of interesting continuity and interactions (a lot of side quests affect interactions in other places).

Iā€™m ~40 hours in, by far the most Iā€™ve played any video game in the last few years. I still havenā€™t gone too in-depth with outposts, ship building, etc. Finished up the main quest at ~30 hours, and just going through side quests now having a ton of fun. Still have a lot of lore left uncovered.

It really feels like the internet is just searching for outrage at this point, a lot of the people who Iā€™ve seen shitting on it havenā€™t played it one bit, and are just repeating whatever theyā€™ve read online.

Iā€™ve had a few minor bugs, but nothing serious or gamebreaking. Usually just someone vibrating a little lmfao, or the occasional body getting clipped in a wall.

Performance is a little rough (with an RTX 3070 + Ryzen 9 3900X I get ~60 FPS on high 1440p), but load times are really good via my SSD, and havenā€™t had any crashes or anything. Iā€™m happy with the visuals, and the face animations seem fine to me (Iā€™ve seen some people say they trigger the uncanny valley for them).

On a side note:

Started Baldurā€™s Gate 3 today. Iā€™ve heard good things about it, but it just didnā€™t seem like my type of game.

Two hours in, and, while it has taken a lot of getting used to, I like it. I havenā€™t played many traditional CRPGs, or many turn based RPGs at all. The freedom is really neat though, and I do feel like I can do pretty much anything.

The visuals, voice acting, and dialogue are all impressive as well.

The same thing is happening here with Starfield in a different direction haha. Too many people expecting endless and interesting procedural worlds, while somehow also being an RPG with 100+ hours of story contentā€¦

3 Likes

I decided to try Starfield on my Steam Deck for shits and gigglesā€¦

Itā€™s totally playable.

I was expecting the worst. Using some settings tweaks I found on reddit (nothing actually custom or modded though), I get ~25-30 FPS at the worst, in giant settings like New Atlantis. Inside of buildings, on planets, in my ship, etc., I get ~40-50 FPS. Reminds me of my console days, but not bad at all for a handheldā€¦

Still looks decent with that screen size and resolution too.

It wonā€™t be my main method of playing, but I could definitely see myself playing it that way in bed or at someone elseā€™s house.

I look forward to the issue with Nvidia + proton + Starfield being fixed. Iā€™m currently booting into windows solely to play Starfield lmao, and the Steam Deck shows that proton itself works fine with Starfield.

I would fall into that category, I have not played it.
I wouldnā€™t say I was shitting on it, just sharing what I have seen and read so far, People have had the opportunity to defend it, but the best I have seen so far is
~ ā€œits okā€, ā€œIts playableā€, Its not as bad as everybody says"

Not exactly rave reviews, but at the end of they day, who cares what anybody else thinks?
If you like it, play it and enjoy it to your hearts content

1 Like

Thatā€™s kinda my point though. Most of the people who Iā€™ve seen saying bad things havenā€™t actually played it. The actual reviews themselves have all been decent. Steam reviews are mostly positive, and critic reviews are good as well.

I think a lot of it is leftover resentment over Fallout 76, but people seem to have a hate boner for a game they know nothing aboutā€¦

Even a friend of mine recently said ā€œIā€™ve heard you canā€™t even fly the shipā€, going completely off of internet BS (and ignoring the in-depth dogfighting).

Itā€™s perfectly fine for people to not like something, but I get annoyed when people are disingenuous about it, and pulling their thoughts purely from an echo chamber. The same thing happened when CP2077 came out as well. People who never played it spent months mocking it online. It had a ton of problems, and isnā€™t my favorite game, but none of the criticism those people lobbed at it was accurate. Everyone just hopped on the hate train.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Gaming Setup :video_game:

youre-damn-right-eric-cartman

My laptop, My Keyboard, My mouseā€¦
All RGB ā€¦Yuck
I just donā€™t understand

Everybody else seems to love it

crazypills-psycho

2 Likes

Excited inner child noises

$70 to relive my childhood? Well worth it.

6 Likes

Dark Souls looks a little different than I was expecting :wink:

4 Likes

Did you find that Xbox as a garage sale? Or a Pawn Shop? Nice score!

1 Like

If it hasnā€™t been dealt with already, make sure you open it up and remove the clock capacitor.

They leak almost 100% on the original Xbox given enough time, and often completely ruin the motherboard when they do.

3 Likes

Š”Š°Š¶Šµ Š±Š°Š½Š°Š»ŃŒŠ½Ń‹Š¹ фŠ¾Š½Š°Ń€ŃŒ Š½Š° ŠŗŠ½Š¾ŠæŠŗŠµ ŠøŠ»Šø рычŠ°Š³Šµ? Š§ŠµŠ» тŠ°Š¼ Š½Šµ сŠ»Š¾Š¶Š½Š¾ Š²Š¾Š²ŃŠµ Š¼Š¾Š¶Š½Š¾ рŠµŠ“ŠæрŠ¾Š²Š¾Š“Š¾Š¼ сŠ“ŠµŠ»Š°Ń‚ŃŒ ŠøŠ»Šø Š¼Š¾Š¶ŠµŃˆŃŒ ŠæŠ¾ŃŃ‚Š¾ŃŠ½Š½Ń‹Š¹ ŠøŠ· чŠøстŠ¾Š³Š¾ ŠŗрŠ°ŃŠ½Š¾Š³Š¾ ŠŗŠ°Š¼Š½Ń Š½Š¾ Š»ŃƒŃ‡ŃˆŠµ ŠæрŠ¾Š²Š¾Š“Š¾Š¼ тŠ°Šŗ ты Š¼ŠµŠ½ŃŒŃˆŠµ Š¼ŠµŃŃ‚Š° Š·Š°Š¹Š¼ŠµŃˆŃŒ Š³Š¾Š²Š¾Ń€ŃŽ ŠŗŠ°Šŗ Š±Š¾Š»ŃŒŃˆŠ¾Š¹ Š·Š½Š°Ń‚Š¾Šŗ ŠøŠ³Ń€Ń‹

1 Like

Beam NG officially sponsored by vivokey :smirk:
Screenshot_20231010-160706

7 Likes

Shut up Steam!

3 Likes

@darthdomo are you into pcvr?

Iā€™ve been playing ghosts of tabor a LOT lately

Itā€™s sort of vr tarkov

1 Like

Who doesnā€™t like PCVR? Apart from the time that a group of people tried to recruit me into a cult in VRCā€¦

Iā€™ve heard that thereā€™s a new social game coming out thatā€™s made by the same people who worked on Neos, hopefully the UI wonā€™t be made for dogs this time.

On a side note, does anyone else play titanfall here?

I am, although I havenā€™t been able to play any for the past few months due to my childhood bedroom being an absolute disaster. Thankfully Iā€™ve now rectified that, and my space is way more open than it ever has been (been up for 28 hours today, spent most of that cleaning and organizing). Basically done a full renovation in here.

So starting tomorrow, I can actually play PCVR games again haha.

Iā€™d previously only been able to play seated games + things like Walkabout thanks to the tiny space.

Iā€™ll check out Ghosts of Tabor.

I actually donā€™t need much room to play, I play sitting down
and I use smooth spin, so I donā€™t even rotate in my chair very oftenā€¦

I just created a ā€œsession rigā€
in the game you occasionally need to drink water to keep your guy goingā€¦
and its quite impressive how thirsty it makes you drinking virtual waterā€¦ so now I wear a little camelbak backpack, and I shove a 20,000 mah battery that will keep my Q2 running for 8 hours or so

I also use a 3d printed stock, but the game still has some room for improvement, its definitely beta ā€¦ but it is still really fun

occasionally a gun or object you SUPER NEED will accidently clip through a floorā€¦
and sometimes things will accidently duplicate lolā€¦
its a 50\50 good bad bug rate lol

if you want @darthdomo Iā€™ll be playing in an hour or 2, Ill see if my computer can handle playing and streaming it to discord if you wanna spectate me and my buddy play

( if it wasnā€™t clear youā€™d be welcome to party up with us)

oh, big warningā€¦ the meta version is cancerā€¦ go steamā€¦ you loose the option for standaloneā€¦ but having tried the standaloneā€¦ you arenā€™t missing much

2 Likes

If anyone hasnā€™t heard yet, Half Life 1 got a major update recently, and is free to claim this weekend, keep it forever.

2 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™ve posted this video before but Iā€™ve been thinking about The Surge lately:

And where do I sign up to get one of those installed? I donā€™t care if it doesnā€™t include anesthesia.

1 Like