Install Videos and Pictures šŸ©ø

9 minute video of me psyching myself up to do my first self install which took like 20 seconds.

Spark and magnet install with a little help.

Donā€™t use these videos as references on how to do things rightā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m always impressed with people who do their own installs. I do not have the emotional fortitude for that!

1 Like

Awesome videos @turbo2ltr

I think one of the best things about them, were the ā€œmistakesā€ , We all get to learn from those, be it our own or others.
So thanks for sharing :+1:

How long ago were those installs done?

Next time you should you should put a step by step guide on one of your many monitors
OR
One step on EACH monitor :rofl:

One step on EACH monitor

Hahah!

The first xNT one was in 2018 2017 I think. Late Early 2018 I got an xEM install by @amal himself (and the only one in my right hand) and then the other 2 were mid 2019. I tried doing a self install on my right hand and just wasnā€™t going to happen. I donā€™t have the dexterity in my left hand to do it. There was actually a third that was supposed to happen in the 2019 session that my helper was going to install (he had done a self install) and I just wasnā€™t feeling it and aborted.
I have a NeXT, xLED an xm1+ and a flexEM sitting here waiting for installā€¦ Iā€™ve been lazy and havenā€™t looked for a local installer.

1 Like

Bit of a cross post but a nice xseries install. Itā€™s pretty clear so hope someone finds it useful.

I was installing a blue xsiid into my motherā€™s hand L0.

Funny as sheā€™s a bit of a wimp but will sit through 8hr tattoo session :wink: chip was scanned after install and she even say the blue LED so was over the moon.

4 Likes

Short video of the replacement of my flexM1 with a flexDF2. No sound to stay below 8MB, and to protect the guilty :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Got my first flex implant installed tonight.

8 Likes

Arenā€™t the pointy ends supposed to be out for the FlexWolverine implants? :dagger:

5 Likes

When I posted it on discord I made the caption ā€œShittiest Wolverine ever!ā€ LOL!

3 Likes

That appears to cross over the metacarpal bone?

1 Like

It doesnā€™t, itā€™s nestled safely between them. I can tell because when I run my fingers along both bones it doesnā€™t hurt, if I push in between it certainly does! LOL!

2 Likes

Im pretty sure Iā€™ve seen people with round flex implants like the flexEM implanted in the middle of the top of their hand. Would the veins not get in the way? I am wanting to put mine there but I keep looking at my hand thinking my veins are in terrible spots for this one.

1 Like

To put it blunt not really. Since youā€™re more than likely cutting veins in the process they tend to reroute themselves. Nerves similarly (if they grow back at all) will more than likely not grow back the same.
You can read quite a bit about it here. A few of us have flexEM on the far side of our hand.

1 Like

I had a flexNExT there, and though itā€™s notably larger, it didnā€™t cause any problems with the veins. Like NoUsersLefft already said, they reroute anyways - I ended up with a vein above the implant, and several below it, I guess. At least, now the implant is out again, I can see several veins that were covered by it before. But I didnā€™t have any trouble with veins or tendons - just be sure you choose a good installer whoā€™s good with his tools :wink:

2 Likes

I had a successful install today. I had 2 xSIIDs installed, one in each hand. I also had a xG3 installed in my thumb. I placed another xG3 on the outside to give a better approximation of where it is.

Iā€™ll give it a little time and see if a pinky install is something Iā€™m still interested. Pinky and xG3 for scale.

3 Likes

Youā€™re a brave man. Installing a glass implant in the one digit that sees more action than the other 4 combined and thatā€™s used to impart force on things all the timeā€¦ wow.

2 Likes

Yes, I had considered that. With a quick search I was unable to find anything on here about anything installed in a thumb. Itā€™s definitely in the letā€™s see how it goes long term category for now.

Fortunately Iā€™ve had no problems with my middle or ring finger magnets as of yet. Again if all goes well for a bit, Iā€™ll be eying my pinky on the same hand next.

3 Likes

I got my xG3 v2 installed in my thumb about a month ago. So far so good. Itā€™s in my non-dominant hand and I donā€™t even notice it most of the time.

5 Likes

So not an install but an extraction

5 Likes

Looks like the encapsulation started breaking down?

1 Like