Just when I finally have the push to get the xBT, I'm reminded IT'S ABOUT TO GET RE-STOCKED

To anyone getting a xbt I’d recommend doing your own calibration. Read the chip and compare to a known good reading by a secondary thermometer. Plot the reading differences and see how far off your chip is. Mine is always hotter than reality by like 5 degrees fahrenheit but it’s a non linear correlation.

3 Likes

bits and bobs ordered and coming in to make xBT kits… 2-3 weeks eta

13 Likes

Yay, I’ve been itching for some new stabs!

5 Likes

Awesome my flipper zero will be here by then.

1 Like

I would be interested in one of these as well

Here’s a poll, because…why not?

Gauge of interest
  • I would be interested in buying one ( or more ) xBT

0 voters

1 Like

I just did :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So it looks like a limited run of the xBT will be coming soon™
I have a question about install. On the store page its recommended just under your arm. In the side of your arm that rests against your torso. What if you have, ahem, flabby arms? Is it still OK or recommended to go there or is there an alternative spot

As long as you can fit it into the fascia tissue so it doesn’t go too deep, and remains easily readable, then it should be fine. The point of that location is that it’s very close to where you can hold a regular thermometer in your armpit. The premise is that your arms are going to be down next to your torso pretty much all the time and that’s going to even out the temperature of your arm and get it kind of close to core temperature.

If you put it on the outside like near your tricep muscle, then it’s going to be experiencing a lot more temperature variance according to ambient temperature around your arm. Basically it’s nice and warm and snuggy and cozy in your armpit and that temperature isn’t affected as much by ambient air temperature around your body. That means you can more easily create an offset calibration and it’s going to stay relatively stable.

2 Likes

A good point of reference

5 Likes

any good install videos besides the one I can find from @JennyMcLane?

I’m trying to decide between arm and chest side of the armpit… I think I’m leaning for arm side…
also leaning towards taking off the migration cap

thoughts?

1 Like

i eould prefer zhe chest - the temperature is higher, then in the arm

hmmm I guess if I can get my hands on an IR thermometer… I could locations periodically…

I figured the armpit would be better since its flesh on flesh, has this not been your experience? as far as I know you have 2?

This would be a good thread for you to revisit

3 Likes

My flipper arrives next week! And I already have an xBT! This is awesome news!

7 Likes

Mine too! The 14th! No xBT yet, but I’m excited to play with he flipper more. My brother has one I got to hold for five minutes but other than that never used one. Managed to quickly clone and emulate my xSIID and stuff which was neat.

since we’re getting some dead implants back how about a restock of some xglo :eyes:

5 Likes

Got the xBT materials… kitting next week

7 Likes
1 Like

Is there a way to pay-now-ship-later or should we wait till there all kitted and ret-2-go?

1 Like