Need help noob (fake magic)

Thanks for the update, great the NExT is in position well
just keep us updated with the Spark2

Are you taking the KRB1?

Just plug into your computer (no drivers needed) and scan your NExT or Spark2
It will “type” in the active field your UID from your implant.
So you could just use it as a pin/password, you could even use both to make one long password

Or the

xEM Access Controller (xAC)?

These videos will explain it well.
Where it mentions door latch, you could substitute with a multitude of things for your magic

3 Likes

I have both and haven’t broke out either. Thank you for the resources!

2 Likes

No worries, Just to expand, for the xAC you could activate, electromagnets, push / pull solenoids, fans to pull or push air ( Polarity dependant ), lock latches, actuators etc etc.
image image image image
image image
You get the idea

5 Likes

Right on! I have been looking for something to activate an electro magnet for a slightly larger trick I have been working on. I’ll make sure to throw that up in the project area when the time comes!

2 Likes

I jokingly posted this and then though it might interest you although you may have similar ideas…

3 Likes

Great idea, That would definitely be doable.
Antenna in the Handle where your Thenar / webbing naturally lies.
Just naturally grab a handle and slide your hand down it, your 0 position implant rolls down and toward where the antenna would be, and this would turn off the electromagnet, Thus releasing Mjölnir
Cool trick

3 Likes

So I have given my hands time to heal up and I’m getting super inconsistent reads on my Spark2 (the one in the right hand I’ve been having issues with)
Is this a sign that I’m not getting good reads?
I don’t like that I need to scan a few times to get all my information.
If I removed the tag could I send it back to get re-sterilized so that I can get it out back in loser to the surface of the skin (I previously mentioned that this tag was put in a little deep and is under a layer of tissue)

P.S. My NeXT is doing great (in my left hand)

2 Likes

The serial number is sensitive if he’s enrolled it on a lock or anything like that? The rest isn’t afaik.

The spark would not be very secure if 1 scan gave you anything important. It’s some sort of challenge response I believe, tired so can’t remember details.

The url is just a link to his VivoKey profile/business card or a redirect he set afaik and it’s incomplete but I guess if you don’t want us to be able to see that page then it’s sensitive too.

EDIT: Refers to a now deleted post about the screenshots being dangerous.

2 Likes

Signing off for the night most likely. I’ve been refreshing a ton this week waiting for the store to update. I need a break.

3 Likes

lol, that’s dedication

2 Likes

Nah. Mostly boredom. Partly because he mentioned it, and I have been just looking forward to the next one.

Also might cut my NExT out. I have the cyborg bundle in my cart now.

1 Like

Thanks, the pictures have been removed.

1 Like

There still in the history if you are concerned. Not sure how to remove them fully.

1 Like

To answer your question though.
It looks like you are getting partial reads. which could be a couple of factors
Too deep
Phone type and NFC antenna and or phone case…
Orientation you are trying to read it
Not giving it quite enough time to read properly. ( although generally a read is faster than a write )

Too deep, not much you can do without removing and reinstalling like you suggested, however it is reading, so…
Does your Vivokey app read it ok?
DO you have a good hit-rate of accessing your profile?
What phone do you have?
is it on THIS list and / or do you know where the NFC antenna is so you can get a perpendicular placement?
Have you tried the Diagnostic card / Field detector to find the optimal placement(s)
Are you reading without a phone cover?
Do you see a consistent read info result if you dwell on the read a little longer?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to narrow down an answer / solution for you

2 Likes

I flagged the post so hopefully it gets taken care of

2 Likes

I have an IPhone X, I have been reading it without the case, I don’t have the vivokey app (I’ll get it and try that) I don’t have a physical reader set up yet to test it or the angle on- other than my phone.

Have you got access to an Android?

I could probably borrow one for temporary use to register it but the short answer is no.

Have a look in the playstore to get an idea of what you want / how you want to set it up when / if you get android access.
You can then “one and done” in about 5 mins, and then you just need to sit back and wait for the iOS app to arrive

2 Likes

Thanks! I will look into this.

2 Likes